Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

suhani.cipamisa

IF-Rockerz

suhani.cipamisa

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Yeah i know the title sounds strange... its just dat felt like opening a thread... CIDians, we always discuss the acting...

Now lets just discuss the non-acting, ie the behind d scenes setup, the background, art direction, technical aspects, sound direction, editing, special effects, camera work etc. the production elements, pre-production aspects and d post production aspects....

So, say anything abt these. BUT NO BASHING PLEASE.

Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "C-C-I-I-D-D- C.I.D -" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by drilabh

Yeah i know the title sounds strange... its just dat felt like opening a thread... CIDians, we always discuss the acting...

Now lets just discuss the non-acting, ie the behind d scenes setup, the background, art direction, technical aspects, sound direction, editing, special effects, camera work etc. the production elements, pre-production aspects and d post production aspects....

Big smile
The print quality has been very poor since Oct-Nov 09. Wonder what they have done. It looks like everyone has got grey patches on their faces. The image looks dark as if poorly lit.

They have done something new and it's not good at all.

Edited by visrom - 24 June 2010 at 6:39am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarteju_gsuhani.cipamisa

teju_g

IF-Dazzler

teju_g

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 6:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

Originally posted by drilabh

Big smile
The print quality has been very poor since Oct-Nov 09. Wonder what they have done. It looks like everyone has got grey patches on their faces. The image looks dark as if poorly lit.

They have done something new and it's not good at all.

i too observed it

suhani.cipamisa

IF-Rockerz

suhani.cipamisa

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 6:41am | IP Logged
ya i agree!! everything has become so dim!!!

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:04am | IP Logged
that's totally true ever since this Yashraj things entered I think the picture quality has fallen down,sony people called this as real imaging or something in their press conference before yashraj thing began,they said that a=the shows will now look as if they are real or something like that(sorry don't remember their exact words) but I find it very poor,I have to change my TV resolutions before CID and increase the brightness,everything looks dull and dark kabhi kabhi toh theek se dikhta nahi kya ho raha hai,but coming to some positive changes I'd like to say these day approximately since the last 1 monthe I've seen that the background score area has improved,they are placing appropriate music for any scene,I loved the background music placing in Abhijeet in Coma episode !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

zerry123

DemonStar

Coolbie

DemonStar

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:12am | IP Logged
I noticed the print quality too, wonder why they changed it. It was fine before I think. The colour adjustment and contrast really needs a change.

The camera work has been fairly good recently, but I specifically remember it was really amazing in previous episodes like the Engraved Rice Grains and CID 111. I haven't really been impressed by the editing in the recent episodes though, some scenes look cut too quickly and hastily inserted between others, sometimes with noticeable continuity errors. There's definitely scope for improvement.

Art direction had gotten pretty poor in the past two years. I particularly thought the body wounds and some clues clearly looked fake. Thankfully it's been improving recently - the props and articles used are also looking more authentic.

The sound design is pretty good with the sounds of gunfire seeming authentic now, though the dubbing is bad sometimes (like Kajal's in the previous episode). Also I think the background music is pretty nondescript these days and doesn't add anything to enhance the visuals (with a few exceptions like Abhijit in Coma). They need to get a better composer like Firoze Patel back.

Although the special effects like bomb explosions aren't realistic, I'll say that they're still doing a good job seeing the limited budget they have. So I appreciate the SFX team on that.

Edited by DemonStar - 24 June 2010 at 7:13am

sunnyp1414

IF-Dazzler

sunnyp1414

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Casting director in between esp during 2009 was like sleeping but now seems s.he has woken up a bit. Print quality has really gone bad. I seriously prefer watching CID on TV than LCD (LCD highlight colors but don't know black color is more highlighted).So on  LCD it really is not quite visible esp the late night scenes complete dark. Same way adjustment needs to be done I really get scolded for this because when channel changes every one starts shouting it becomes so bright everywhere and so dull on CID.

Edited by sunnyp1414 - 24 June 2010 at 8:11am

CAHAT320

CAHAT320

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 8:10am | IP Logged
the camera work of c.i.d is really goodLOL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.