Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Bee- thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Anhdara13

what Bhav said!

@ Bee: ohmygosh, I should have known you'd find this. you always comment on analysis' and forget to unreserve your spots for FFs. there are loads at mine where you've yet to edit! (yes, that is a blatent hint to get your butt moving to wherever and edit those spots!) and *hides* I haven't started season 5 yet so no spoilers please? I have this - thing - about watching SPN on my computer wherein I can't. I need the TV, and the surround sound, and midnight watching with my sister hiding her face behind the pillow. lol.

πŸ˜† You know me well, Radz. Yup, I love analysis stuff (speaking of, I miss Estee SO much! ) and if I get my lazy self to unreserve all my spots on you ff, will you finish said ff?! Pwettty pweeeeease?! *pouting* Have fun watching season 5, and I won't spoil you, don't worry. But, I have to say, you have much better will power than I do, I watch it the moment it airs in the US, and I get my roommates to watch it too. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜† But, do tell me when you get to episode 8, I want to know your reaction... πŸ˜†

Okie, I am finally editing my original post, for starters, then I'll dig up your ff. Though, I do want you to know, even if I was too lazy to edit, I read every single update! πŸ˜ƒ 
Edited by -Bee- - 13 years ago
I NEED TO READ THESE BOOKS SO I CAN PARTICIPATE.

:)
KajenLuva thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Reserved - will post tommorow!
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@ everyone - thank you so much for the comments! Bhav and I will get around to replying to everyone individually soon. (:

@ Shabo: genius, the analysis is based on the show, not the books. go check your PM. and watch the show please.
sourpuss thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Nayab-

Yaay! Bhav you're back! ... This should be interesting πŸ˜†... Hey Radz! *Waves* πŸ˜ƒ...
NAYU! *hugs*:D

Oooh πŸ˜›... Sorry I'm a little hyper πŸ˜†...

hyper's always good! ;)

Ok, What now? πŸ˜›...I'm confused πŸ˜†...
Hona hi tha! πŸ˜† I meant that my first five minutes are whatever comes before the opening credits...*nods* πŸ˜›

I remember you finished them in like 3-4 days right? Or was it a week πŸ˜†...

But then who wouldn't wanna watch sexy vamps 24/7? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

A couple of days, actually! :D Don't forget about JerBear...😍

I missed this bit πŸ˜†... I kinda tuned in when Stefan's walkin' with Elena on the bridge or before that πŸ˜›... So it was great to read Damon's first semi appearance... Can't believe I missed it now *pouts* πŸ˜†..

No way! 😲 It was so totally awesome!! :D
🀣
What's a bit of crazy between friends? πŸ˜‰... Normal's boring πŸ˜†...

That's what I always say! ;)

Totally agree here πŸ˜›...
But then I think the director/writer wanted to establish from the off that this isn't gonna be a typical 'teen vampire love story' type of show but a darker version of a popular genre... Basically not for the faint-hearted...

Am I makin' sense? πŸ˜†

Yeah I agree...But then again, most vampire stories, teen/love or whatever else, generally are dark, you know? I've yet to see a more...light-hearted vampire show that isn't a comedy or a farce...πŸ€”

When I first started waching the show (from the Pilot) I thought it would be basically a high school based vamp love story but boy was I wrong...
See, normally I'm the kinda person who doesn't watch horror movies etc because I really get freaked πŸ˜›... But for some reason I LOVE this show πŸ˜†...  

I don't really watch horror shows/movies, but I have a soft spot for anything vampire-related. And witch-related. ☺️

Totally πŸ˜†... 
I'm so glad it's not remotely Buffy-esque (even though I love Buffy πŸ˜†)... This seems more realistic...

Love how their eyes go all veiny before their fangs come out πŸ˜›... I find it damn sexy on Stefan πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†....

Omg right? *blushes* Vamp!Stefan does look marginally hotter than Vamp!Damon...πŸ˜› Even though Damon himself is hotter than Stefan...*ahem* πŸ˜›

They have a nephew?! 😲... Don't you mean their uncle? πŸ˜†...

No, see, they say that Zach is their uncle, but remember that Zach also calls Stefan 'Uncle Stefan'...*nods*

I know... I'm confused with the whole Elena/Katherine thing to it just doesn't add up... I thought Vampires couldn't have kids... So if Katherine's been a Vamp since 1864 how could she (presumably) have had a daughter/son... Who then carried on their line?

It's not possible...

OMG exactly!!!

Loved Bonnie from the first epi... Even though she looks vulnerable/naive in the start you could tell that there was something about her... A kinda inner-strength to her...

I loved Bonnie from the first epi too, but the thing she did with JGilbert's device kinda disappointed me...*shakes head*

Personally, I didn't like Caroline in the first few epi's... I thought she was too... Self-important/stuck up... But as the epi's went on... We really got to see a different side to her and I realised that's just the way she is πŸ˜›... Like she has no idea she's doing it... Kinda innocent...

Know what I mean? πŸ˜†

OMG I was totally waiting for her to turn evil like she was in the books! But this Caroline has grown on me...πŸ˜†

That's exactly what i was thinking when we were shown the photo πŸ˜›...  Although the is Elena Katherine one never crossed my mind πŸ˜†...

The possibility that Elena could be Katherine would have been a really interesting direction...Like, somehow all her memories of being a vampire and all are gone, and she's got new memories of living the life of Elena Gilbert for the past seventeen-or-so years...

Ok, I'm too tired to continue this right now πŸ˜†...

I totally love your Mystic musings girls πŸ˜›...

Will continue my comments later on πŸ˜ƒ...

Can't wait for the next analysis πŸ˜†...

Waiting for the rest of your comments, Nay! :D
sourpuss thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Bee-

I love all the Tanner-Stefan showdown scenes, simply because I think Tanner is a jerk (who talks to his students like that. In contrast, I have angels for teachers!)

I totally agree! *shakes head* Seriously, Damon is awesome for killing Tanner.

I wasn't too impressed with the way they showed Stefan's-Elena's epic love story either. It looked like they were trying too hard to make it epic, instead of simply building up their story and relationship.

Again, I totally agree!

Damon's on the other hand, didn't have that much obvious bulidup (though his introduction was implicitly built up throughout the epi), but his smirk! And his eyes! And his voice! *swooooon* That 'Hello Brother' still rang in my ears even after the episode finished.

πŸ˜†  I'm pretty sure you weren't the only one!

Btw, this is completely unrelated, but Radz, I completely forgot you watched Supernatural! What did you think of the rather partly awesome, partly... disappointing...season finale?

SUPERNATURAL! Season 5 Finale? I seen it! :D Radz hasn't. *preens*

*edit add 1*
I dozed off, but I remembered something I had to add. Although Caroline was the stereotypical ditzy blonde in the first few episodes, I loved her interaction with Bonnie that you pointed out, Bhav (I think, I can't remember which colour it was) It showed a bit more depth to her otherwise rather shallow character. But the one dialogue that made me really sit up and take notice of her was her reply to Bonnie's 'It's not a competition'. I expected they would simply pan to Caroline's face for a significant amount of time, so we could decipher that she believes otherwise. But, Caroline actually says, 'Yes, it is.' I liked that. Also loved Candice Accola's delivery there. 

Same here. But again, I honestly thought that, what with the whole "it's totally a competition" dialogue, they'd show Evil!Caroline...Like I commented to Nay, though, Show!Caroline has grown on me too...πŸ˜†

K, g'nite again! Did I mention I loved this? Because I do! πŸ˜†

Yay thanks! :D

I wish they had held on to that part of his powers later on in the series actually. (well, the poor crow was unceremoniously disposed of, but the fog!)

OMG right?? *shakes head* Stupid budget problems! *pouts*

Of all actors, I agree that Ian Somerhalder stole the show, right from his first smirk. But, I was also pleasantly surprised by Candice Accola, and Steven R. McQueen.

Steven...*blushes* πŸ˜³

Out of the characters, I couldn't really give an award to any single one, because the first episode didn't really draw me in. I loved Stefan and Damon in the Pilot. Elena grew on me a bit later. But, yeah, so my ranking for the episode would probably be around 3 - 3.5/5. Actually, I got really hooked after a couple more episodes, and after seeing the awesomeness of the coming episodes, I think moments like Stelena's first meeting and stuff could have been handled better. That said, the whole cast was pretty awesome, and so was the pace, so the pilot itself revealed a lot of promise! Kudos to the team!

Thanks so much for commenting! :D
sourpuss thumbnail
Originally posted by: dhruvi.

OMFG! Reserved.

So you know I didn't start reading the books till the first hiatus. So I had no clue what the fog/crow meant. It was a bit eerie to say the least and I would be lying if I said it wasn't intriguing at the same time. It was an awesome way to start the saw. So much mystery, loved it! Bhav I agree, I think the first half of the season set up the dark/horror genre for us. The scary music and poping up everyone. The second half everything like that left. No crows, fogs, mysterious but you know they are coming- vamp pop ups (mostly Damon). The funny thing is I get scared so easily, (well not watching but when I'm alone in my bed) and this didn't get me scared at all. Which was a miracle in short, lol. I fell in love with how it started like you Radz.
Oooh the music! The music they've picked for the show is just so awesome. I can just hear a song there and after a moment realise that I've just missed out on the dialogue...πŸ˜†
It's sad the crow will not be explained in the show or reapper because a crow is no longer a crow to me, it's Damon freakin' Salvatore. If I ever see one in my real life, I will grin like a big idiot, laugh at me IDC.
A crow landed on my window once when I was having breakfast. I giggled. *hides* πŸ˜†
Don't get me started on the make-up. Best I've ever seen. I love it on all the vamps. But I think this is one part Paul does better than Ian. Look good veiny. *hi5s N*
Totally right? πŸ˜³
I'm not sure of the vampire descendents either. I hope they explain this one soon. Especially E/K.
I hope so too. This is...honestly just really confusing.
Bonnie, though she's my fave now, believe it or not, I barely noticed that girl in the pilot. Sad to say for a such a Bonnie lover. I thought she was very adorable, especially when she texted Elena about Stefan.
I thought the texting thing was a little...πŸ€”...but I guess considering they're 17 and BFFs, it's understandable...
I loved all the relationships and characters, I loved what you guys said there! Yepp on the foreshadowing thing. What I loved the most in that epi was what Caroline said about her and Stefan's June wedding. I was ready to rebel cannon (because at the time I thought a Twilight-remake) and ship S/C.
Oooh Stefan/Caroline! That's really interesting...Although I don't think we've really seen much interaction between those two, right?
Though I loved Stefan shutting Mr. T up I agree with Radz, Damon's entry got to me. 'Hello Brother' has never been said any sexier than this. From his entry on, i was *swooned* immediately. I could see no other guy like this (till later on I start to fall for Paul).
Agreed...πŸ˜†
For the quotes, I loved all the Caro/Damon ones. And Caro was my fave character at the time. IDK why I always end up liking the biatchy looking ones first in all the shows in the start.
I don't think there were any Damon/Care quotes in the first epi...If I'm not wrong, their interaction was just the eyeflirt at the Grill....πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

This was awesome first edition girls, I loved reading your views. I mostly agree with one or both of you on everything. A few rare things were diff but we all agreed pretty much. I think this will be my fave part of each week. I'm quite jealous actually. I want to join! So I posted my reviews here! LMAO. I actually wanted to do something like this when our forum started for season 2. Because in KMH there were addas and I wanted my own and to call it 'Dhruvi's 2 cents' or something cool like that. Anywhooo, love you girls, this was awesome!

Awww yay! Love you too Dhruvi! :D
sourpuss thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rachu_1987

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww guys that was awesome....i loved it!!!!! i mean u gt everything....from the fog and the crow...to damon's "hello brother" ....this was really good...i am definitely looking forward to the next one lol

Awww thanks Rachu! :D

Originally posted by: Jaan730

~Basically you guys are amazing. Wowwwwwww. Love you.

Jaan

Yayy thanks Jaan! Love you too! :D

@ Aashifa: Waiting hun!

@ Shabz: *coughs* What Radz said. We're based on the show, not the books. πŸ˜›πŸ˜† *hugs Shabz, just because she missed hugging her* ;)

@ Zara: Waiting for you too! :D

@ Everyone else: Thank you guys for all your support for the first edition! :D
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Nayab-

Yaay! Bhav you're back! ... This should be interesting πŸ˜†... Hey Radz! *Waves* πŸ˜ƒ...

I love that Bhav got a dance and all I got was  a wave. *sniffles*

I wasn't confused πŸ˜†...

We'll have to work harder than (right B?) XD

🀣
What's a bit of crazy between friends? πŸ˜‰... Normal's boring πŸ˜†...

can I like, quote you on this? no one ever agrees with me! πŸ˜†

Totally agree here πŸ˜›...
But then I think the director/writer wanted to establish from the off that this isn't gonna be a typical 'teen vampire love story' type of show but a darker version of a popular genre... Basically not for the faint-hearted...

Am I makin' sense? πŸ˜†

Makes sense. I think one thing they were really trying to do was set a niche completely different from Twilight, and Buffy and Angel and True Blood, and all the other shows made before. They all have a lot of focus on the 'love' aspect of the show, but this had a lot of focus on the brothers' relationship, and Elena and Jeremy's healing process after losing their parents. It wasn't jumping head first into - 'ohmygod there's the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with' - which was refreshing. yes, Elena was attracted to Stefan, but so was Caroline! and even Bonnie, if her stunned look when he walks out of the office is any indication.

When I first started waching the show (from the Pilot) I thought it would be basically a high school based vamp love story but boy was I wrong...

See, normally I'm the kinda person who doesn't watch horror movies etc because I really get freaked πŸ˜›... But for some reason I LOVE this show πŸ˜†...  

I was seriously hoping they wouldn't go down that 'typical' route, and I was quite happy with the way they made the first episode. It was dark, and creepy, but not too creepy, and had enough of a story and the friendships and background was set up very nicely. [My horror genre used to begin and end with SPN, now TVD has been added to the list!

oohh, and B - you said something about yet to find a horror genre light-hearted show right? Being Human is supposed to be good, it's a dramedy on BBC.]

Totally πŸ˜†... 

I'm so glad it's not remotely Buffy-esque (even though I love Buffy πŸ˜†)... This seems more realistic...

Love how their eyes go all veiny before their fangs come out πŸ˜›... I find it damn sexy on Stefan πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†...

okay, same here! I love, love, LOVE the makup. It's not inyerface like in BtVS (though that's better than some other shows) and yet it's still so effective. And it's creepy, 'cos it's so subtle. Paul really suits the makeup - he makes such a hot vampire. I would so not mind him biting me! Not him, or Ian, or even the dude who played Logan? Or Sean. *fans self* This show has way too many hot vampires.

They have a nephew?! 😲... Don't you mean their uncle? πŸ˜†...

I know... I'm confused with the whole Elena/Katherine thing to it just doesn't add up... I thought Vampires couldn't have kids... So if Katherine's been a Vamp since 1864 how could she (presumably) have had a daughter/son... Who then carried on their line?

It's not possible...

I guess we'll find out as the Seasons progress πŸ˜›...

I actually have some sort of theory for this. Want to hear it?

Okay, for the nephew thing - Zach is descended from the third Salvatore brother. I read somewhere that their father had an illegitimate son that took everything after he died 'cos Stefan and Damon were 'dead' too. So Zach comes from there, I think.

As for Katherine and Elena - my theory is that she had a kid before she was turned. That kid had a kid and so on and forth until we get Isobel, and Elena. And Katherine may have kept an eye on her lineage through the ages.

Me too πŸ˜†...

It shows that the whole of the show isn't gonna be dark... There will be some 'normal' moments too πŸ˜›...

that's one more thing I really enjoyed. There's this nice balance between dark and scary, and fun and normal.

When I first saw Jenna I thought she was their sister or something πŸ˜†...

She looked to young to be their aunt...

I love Jenna's character and the way she is with Elena/Jeremy... Like you said... It's cute πŸ˜›...

really? My mom and her eldest sister have a huge age gap - and me and my youngest sister have a really big age gap too, so it's quite easy for me to see Jenna as an aunt. πŸ˜† I think because she's nearer in age to Elena and Jeremy, she acts more like a big sister than a parent - which gives the show more interesting dynamics.

Loved Bonnie from the first epi... Even though she looks vulnerable/naive in the start you could tell that there was something about her... A kinda inner-strength to her...

yup, she's awesome. I love how her character grows and evolves. She's got nerve, but she's also a loyal friend, and warm and loving. She's very realistic (if you minus the whole witch thing).

Personally, I didn't like Caroline in the first few epi's... I thought she was too... Self-important/stuck up... But as the epi's went on... We really got to see a different side to her and I realised that's just the way she is πŸ˜›... Like she has no idea she's doing it... Kinda innocent...

Know what I mean? πŸ˜†

I get what you mean - but I didn't see her that way from the start. At the beginning, I thought she was just really ditzy and 'blonde' - I figured she'd be the token blonde typical bimbo character, then at the end of the episode she shows this vulnerable side of her and I'm like, she's got depth! Let's hope the show explores her character - which I was so glad that they do!

I liked how they showed that there had been a relationship between Elena/Matt from the first epi and not a few epi's later πŸ˜›...

haha, I'm glad they did too. It makes the whole thing progress faster - and gives more background to Elena's character and the way her relationship with Stefan would progress.

That's exactly what i was thinking when we were shown the photo πŸ˜›...  Although the is Elena Katherine one never crossed my mind πŸ˜†... 

it never actually crossed my mind either, but that's cos I read the books. Some people may have thought it? Who knows. haha.

Ok, I'm too tired to continue this right now πŸ˜†...

I totally love your Mystic musings girls πŸ˜›...

Will continue my comments later on πŸ˜ƒ...

Can't wait for the next analysis πŸ˜†...

haha, thanks so much Nay! I'm glad you enjoyed the first one, hopefully you'll enjoy the rest. XD

Anhdara13 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Bee-

Okay, so I love this. But, I have had 3 hours of sleep, so I can't comment. But, I love it. I'll be back to edit it more in the morning. For now, I few comments from my addled brain:

I love all the Tanner-Stefan showdown scenes, simply because I think Tanner is a jerk (who talks to his students like that. In contrast, I have angels for teachers!)

I love that they kept Tanner a jerk - he's one in the books too. And Stefan puts him down somehow there as well, I don't quite remember how. But that they kept that in the show? Yay much? The guy who played Tanner pulled off the jerk-teacher thing really well.

I wasn't too impressed with the way they showed Stefan's-Elena's epic love story either. It looked like they were trying too hard to make it epic, instead of simply building up their story and relationship.

Same here! And then on the other hand, they built up DE better, which will reflect badly later on maybe. In the books, SE is built up so well, but here, not so much. Though I do adore the fact that it took Elena time to get over the whole vampire thing, she had to adjust to it and whatnot. I think it was rushed 'cos they wanted to bring Damon in, and get the triangle moving. Apparently, JP is a huge DE fan. This is our result maybe? [I hope though, that SE get more epic!love storylines in S2 that are well written and executed.]

I simply couldn't pick whose entry I loved more out of Stefan's and Damon's. While I was giggling the whole way through Bonnie chanting, 'Please be hot, please be hot' (boy, were her prayers answered) I found the introduction awesome. Or maybe, I just loved the stunned look on Caroline's and Bonnie's faces when they saw him. Damon's on the other hand, didn't have that much obvious bulidup (though his introduction was implicitly built up throughout the epi), but his smirk! And his eyes! And his voice! *swooooon* That 'Hello Brother' still rang in my ears even after the episode finished.

Ahh! Same here! They both got mysterious, built up entrances that are so different from one another (and Bonnie's chanting was like, a highlight for the episode!) - one's entrance is taken so well with everyone (stunned looks from every other character on the show) and the other has his brother throw him out the window. πŸ˜† So fun, the entrances.

K. since I had to type that last sentence thrice, I'll be back to edit this later. Btw, this is completely unrelated, but Radz, I completely forgot you watched Supernatural! What did you think of the rather partly awesome, partly... disappointing...season finale?

*pouts* I wanna watch season 5.

*edit add 1*
I dozed off, but I remembered something I had to add. Although Caroline was the stereotypical ditzy blonde in the first few episodes, I loved her interaction with Bonnie that you pointed out, Bhav (I think, I can't remember which colour it was) It showed a bit more depth to her otherwise rather shallow character. But the one dialogue that made me really sit up and take notice of her was her reply to Bonnie's 'It's not a competition'. I expected they would simply pan to Caroline's face for a significant amount of time, so we could decipher that she believes otherwise. But, Caroline actually says, 'Yes, it is.' I liked that. Also loved Candice Accola's delivery there.

Yeah, I was not expecting it either (the first time I watched it) but I was so glad that they did that because it shows, again, this vulnerable side of Caroline, and for awhile there I thought they'd take this side and make her some sort of vindictive against Elena, but I'm so glad they didn't because she's this sweet character who despite not knowing what's going on is such a good friend. Candice does an amazing job with being equal parts [w]itch and vulnerable.

K, g'nite again! Did I mention I loved this? Because I do! πŸ˜†

*edit add 2*
Anyway, yes I'm back, to prove to Radz, that I can get around to unediting. It may take some time, but I do it! πŸ˜† Yes, so I also loved the eerie atmosphere. It plunged us right into rather dark theme of the show, and I was glad. I didn't find it scary, but I did like the boys in vamped-out mode. Good job to the crew there. I agree that it was subtle and effective. I also liked the fog and the crow, bit (and I loved Elena's whole Hitchcock rambling later. Hee!) Not having read the books before, I had no idea about the Damon connection, but it just bulit the atmosphere. I wish they had held on to that part of his powers later on in the series actually. (well, the poor crow was unceremoniously disposed of, but the fog!)

congratulations! Now don't you have some comments at FFs to go edit? :P I LOVED the fog. The crow is awesome as well, and I really want them to bring the two back because it's different from what they have in other vampire shows - and it adds this creepiness to everything. Yes, it's dark and eerie, but that's what made the show really fun in the beginning. I really want them to bring these effects back. Do you think we could start a petition?

Of all actors, I agree that Ian Somerhalder stole the show, right from his first smirk. But, I was also pleasantly surprised by Candice Accola, and Steven R. McQueen.

I've loved Ian for a really long time (Lost, anyone?) but I'd never seen anyone else - Nina I was a bit iffy about at first, because - well, I don't remember why, I think I saw like a clip from Degrassi and I just really don't like the show? haha. They are all very good at their roles, Paul's got a lovely brooding forehead (and those arms!), Kat's just gorgeous, and she's got gravitas, some sort of strength in the way she carries herself, Candice, as mentioned earlier, plays broken and bold balanced really well. Steven, whoa, he plays stonerboy nicely. and he looks good doing it! Michael Trevino plays jerk awesomely. They're all cast well, and I like that. Plus they've got amazing chemistry, everyone with everyone.

Out of the characters, I couldn't really give an award to any single one, because the first episode didn't really draw me in. I loved Stefan and Damon in the Pilot. Elena grew on me a bit later. But, yeah, so my ranking for the episode would probably be around 3 - 3.5/5. Actually, I got really hooked after a couple more episodes, and after seeing the awesomeness of the coming episodes, I think moments like Stelena's first meeting and stuff could have been handled better. That said, the whole cast was pretty awesome, and so was the pace, so the pilot itself revealed a lot of promise! Kudos to the team!

The first episode was a nice set up, and yes, StefanElena could have been handled better. I actually liked the unconventional-ness of the first meeting (I know that's not a word, but it fit.) - I mean, girl coming out of the men's toilet? they could have made many jokes with it though. They should have. πŸ˜†

Thanks so much for commenting Bee! And coming back to edit. XD