Obsessions in TVD

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Rachu_1987

IF-Sizzlerz

Rachu_1987

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 3:41am | IP Logged

Hey guys, hows everyone doing?

There's some interesting discussions going on in the forum, and its great to see many members participating....so here's something else to discuss

The element of obsession in The Vampire Diaries.

We've seen different shades of obsession in the show, from Damon's obsession to get Katherine out of the tomb, to Alaric's obsession of finding out what happened to Isobel.

But why is it that while Alaric was able to give up his obsession but Damon wasn't? How else is the element of obsession shown in the show, can you think of any other characters who might be obsessed in some way or another? Why do you think that is? And how do the obsessions affect the other characters?

Will be looking forward to your responses =]

Edited by Rachu_1987 - 22 June 2010 at 4:45pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sourpuss-Nayab-patakhaguddi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Obsessions in TVD" in The Vampire Diaries forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

patakhaguddi

IF-Sizzlerz

patakhaguddi

Posted: 23 June 2010 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Alaric got over it because he found Isobel, I think that even though an episode before he said he was done...he wasn't. Aannd. Think about it. Alaric is human, he wants to move on because he wants to enjoy the rest of his life. Damon doesn't have that kind of restriction.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nayab-

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 1:02am | IP Logged
I think Damon didn't get over his obsession because he turned, reluctantly, because he thought she was dead. Then he found out she wasn't - and he wanted to save her, and he had all this time to try and find a way to get her out of the tomb. 145 years spent trying to 'save' her only to find out she wasn't there. That obsession to 'save' her became one for revenge.

In Alaric's case - he saw his wife attacked, and then she disappeared and he wanted answers. Damon didn't want answers, just revenge. They were driven by different things, so the obsession wasn't for the same reasons, so it'd be harder for one to let go, longer time period and whatnot.

does that make sense?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot.-Nayab-

-Nayab-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Nayab-

Posted: 25 June 2010 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
@Radz and Jaan... Completely agree Tongue... It's like you stole the words right outta my mouth LOL...

Can I include Jeremy's obsession with Vicki here... Not really an obsession as such but still, I mean he was willing to (use Anna and) turn for her that is pretty obsessive to me (in a good way) LOL...

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 25 June 2010 at 8:29pm | IP Logged

ONLY the show? Not the book?,....Oh well. LOL. Umm Logan and Chief Forbe's obsession for the pocket watch. They were willing to do anything to get that pocket watch. Like Logan pretending to like Jenna again...i think he had a crush on Chief Forbes or something. Anways yeah, him doing that...poor Jenna. And also how they were willing to kill anyone for it as well. LOL. I just randomly took something out of the show and put it out there but it still qualifys as a obsession because of the crazy and shocking things they did to obtain it no? Who agrees with me??

Love,
~Jot~

-Nayab-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Nayab-

Posted: 27 June 2010 at 10:33am | IP Logged
@Jot... I'd forgotten about that one LOL... But I completely agree Tongue...

Btw...  Sherriff Forbes and Logan... Interesting theory Tongue...

What makes you think Logan had a crush on Sherriff Forbes? LOL...

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 27 June 2010 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Nayab-

@Jot... I'd forgotten about that one LOL... But I completely agree Tongue...

Btw...  Sherriff Forbes and Logan... Interesting theory Tongue...

What makes you think Logan had a crush on Sherriff Forbes? LOL...
Well i don't remember but i do remember that when i was watching this one episode, i could see that Logan had liked Sheriff Forbes. I think it was when Sheriff Forbes is like "your one of them now." and you could hear and see the emotion and clearly Logan was hurt. They had some hidden feelings...or was i reading too much into it?ConfusedLOL

Love,
~Jot~

-Nayab-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.