Tamil  Reality Shows
Tamil  Reality Shows

India-Forums

SUN TV's Sangeetha Maha Yutham (Page 17)

SweetyGreen IF-Sizzlerz
SweetyGreen
SweetyGreen

Posted: 17 October 2010 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bonheur

And so it seems as if the brief camaraderie we all enjoyed through Sangeetha Maha Yutham has come to an end (unfortunately, they are not showing the finals here in Singapore today -- we are one week behind the India schefule; hopefully they will do so next week and not conveniently forget).

I don't expect to tune in to the next season -- the only reason I watched this time was that I enjoy Madhu's singing. And I don't watch most other programmes on Sun or other Indian channels. So, it's a brief goodbye for now -- unless there is some other forum for engaging friends here on Madhu's songs (listen in to the next programme on IF radio; I have dedicated a song by Madhu to all of you).

cheers
Bonheur

well said...and me too love madhu's voice.. its so mesmerising and love to hear him.... and thanks for dedicating the songs for us... ha ha
Bonheur Goldie
Bonheur
Bonheur

Posted: 17 October 2010 at 12:06am | IP Logged

S36 the Band

Oh, and before I go, a quick word about the album officially launched yesterday by cricketer Sreesanth, which has Madhu as lead singer. They will do their debut concert in Nov/Dec in Dubai, singing in English, Hindi and Tamil in experimental genres. Their album is available for downloads:

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SweetyGreen

SweetyGreen IF-Sizzlerz
SweetyGreen
SweetyGreen

Posted: 17 October 2010 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bonheur

S36 the Band

Oh, and before I go, a quick word about the album officially launched yesterday by cricketer Sreesanth, which has Madhu as lead singer. They will do their debut concert in Nov/Dec in Dubai, singing in English, Hindi and Tamil in experimental genres. Their album is available for downloads:

thanks for the info dear...
migan Cool Viewbie
migan
migan

Posted: 17 October 2010 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
Thanks Bon for the song and dedicating to us. I will try to listen in IF Radio.

I totally agree about Madhu's voice. So wonderful. Can you post a list of  Tamil movie songs sung by him if you get a chance? If you have it handy then good. Otherwise I will search for that.

Also please PM me if you come across any good madhu albums. I am planning on listening to all these while working.  may be we can open Madhu's appreciation thread or some thing in the Other section.

Edited by migan - 17 October 2010 at 11:54pm

SweetyGreen

SweetyGreen IF-Sizzlerz
SweetyGreen
SweetyGreen

Posted: 18 October 2010 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by migan

Thanks Bon for the song and dedicating to us. I will try to listen in IF Radio.

I totally agree about Madhu's voice. So wonderful. Can you post a list of  Tamil movie songs sung by him if you get a chance? If you have it handy then good. Otherwise I will search for that.

Also please PM me if you come across any good madhu albums. I am planning on listening to all these while working.  may be we can open Madhu's appreciation thread or some thing in the Other section.

yes migan u are right.. i too need.. his voice is so sweet..
Bonheur Goldie
Bonheur
Bonheur

Posted: 19 October 2010 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Great idea to have a thread for Madhu's songs but I am not sure it will be of much interest to most IFians.

I have been listening a lot lately to his Malayalam songs. In Tamil, some of the nice recent songs, apart from "Sollitharavaa" (Majaa) are "Attrai thingal" (Sivapathigaram), "Yenathu uyire" (1977), "Yen swasathil" (Jerry), "Ding dong koyil mani" (Ji), "Nenjukulleh" (Ithanai naalai engirundhai), and "Aalapanai" (Yean intha mounam). Of course, my all time favourite is the classically-laced song "Thendral ennum thear eari" (Paasa killigal) -- I doubt anyone has heard it. He has also sung the theme melody of "Thavamai thavamirundhu", another beautiful classically-laced tune with Sudha Raghunadhan.

There is a website www.madhubalakrishnan.net but I don't think it is up to date. The Malayalam list is still empty although the Tamil list looks complete.

The tragedy is that this man has been singing since around 1998 but he has only about 75 songs in Tamil and has never sung for AR Rehman, who has introduced lesser talents like Devan and Anupama. Fortunately, he is well established in the Malayalam field. I just hope the recognition he got from Sangeetha M Y will bring him more chances in the Tamil field and will allow listeners like us the opportunity to hear more great work from him.

Oh, btw, we should open a Madhu congratulations thread at least -- they had one in the Hindi section for Shankar M after he won the Hindi version. I will go open one now in"Other topics". Please post.

Edited by Bonheur - 19 October 2010 at 9:18am

SweetyGreen

SweetyGreen IF-Sizzlerz
SweetyGreen
SweetyGreen

Posted: 19 October 2010 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Thanks Bonheur for opening this appreciation thread.... super work .. and thanks for the PM...

Edited by SweetyGreen - 19 October 2010 at 8:27pm

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Tamil Reality Shows Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index