SUN TV's Sangeetha Maha Yutham - Page 14

Posted: 13 years ago
Great idea to have a thread for Madhu's songs but I am not sure it will be of much interest to most IFians.

I have been listening a lot lately to his Malayalam songs. In Tamil, some of the nice recent songs, apart from "Sollitharavaa" (Majaa) are "Attrai thingal" (Sivapathigaram), "Yenathu uyire" (1977), "Yen swasathil" (Jerry), "Ding dong koyil mani" (Ji), "Nenjukulleh" (Ithanai naalai engirundhai), and "Aalapanai" (Yean intha mounam). Of course, my all time favourite is the classically-laced song "Thendral ennum thear eari" (Paasa killigal) -- I doubt anyone has heard it. He has also sung the theme melody of "Thavamai thavamirundhu", another beautiful classically-laced tune with Sudha Raghunadhan.

There is a website www.madhubalakrishnan.net but I don't think it is up to date. The Malayalam list is still empty although the Tamil list looks complete.

The tragedy is that this man has been singing since around 1998 but he has only about 75 songs in Tamil and has never sung for AR Rehman, who has introduced lesser talents like Devan and Anupama. Fortunately, he is well established in the Malayalam field. I just hope the recognition he got from Sangeetha M Y will bring him more chances in the Tamil field and will allow listeners like us the opportunity to hear more great work from him.

Oh, btw, we should open a Madhu congratulations thread at least -- they had one in the Hindi section for Shankar M after he won the Hindi version. I will go open one now in"Other topics". Please post.

Edited by Bonheur - 13 years ago
Posted: 13 years ago
Thanks Bonheur for opening this appreciation thread.... super work .. and thanks for the PM... Edited by SweetyGreen - 13 years ago