Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bonheur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Yes, Chinmayi is a very natural host, very spontaneous. And she looks good too. She is said to have a bit of an attitude problem and it does show up sometimes in her blog. But she came across well as a host.

Btw, I didn't like Srilekha's facial expressions everytime Madhu got high marks. Sometimes she had quizzical expressions, at other times rather sarcastic expressions. Her responses to judge's criticisms were also a bit strained, as if she thought rather highly of herself. Madhu, on the other hand, came across as very humble and respectful. (Of course, no one could fault him and say anything negative about his singing, so he had no reason to display negative expressions, but his graciousness was very evident throughout the season.) Even as a judge, he did not make any hurtful comments.

Incidentally, I read somewhere that in the Hindi version of the show in which Shankar Mahadevan's team finally won over Shaan's team, there was a rather unpleasant encounter in the final round of the semi-finals. Apparently, Shaan got so upset that Shankar twice nominated himself to sing in order to boost his group's chances that he ripped off his own shirt after angrily saying that he too could have upped his group's score by singing solos!
Edited by Bonheur - 13 years ago
SweetyGreen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bonheur

Yes, Chinmayi is a very natural host, very spontaneous. And she looks good too. She is said to have a bit of an attitude problem and it does show up sometimes in her blog. But she came across well as a host.

Btw, I didn't like Srilekha's facial expressions everytime Madhu got high marks. Sometimes she had quizzical expressions, at other times rather sarcastic expressions. Her responses to judge's criticisms were also a bit strained, as if she thought rather highly of herself. Madhu, on the other hand, came across as very humble and respectful. (Of course, no one could fault him and say anything negative about his singing, so he had no reason to display negative expressions, but his graciousness was very evident throughout the season.) Even as a judge, he did not make any hurtful comments.

Incidentally, I read somewhere that in the Hindi version of the show in which Shankar Mahadevan's team finally won over Shaan's team, there was a rather unpleasant encounter in the final round of the semi-finals. Apparently, Shaan got so upset that Shankar twice nominated himself to sing in order to boost his group's chances that he ripped off his own shirt after angrily saying that he too could have upped his group's score by singing solos!

oh its a great news or info about tat hindi version.. shocked to hear shaan behaved so bad against shankar... but i feel it will be like drama..
Bonheur thumbnail
Sweety, yes, it sounds like a big drama. But I think there was justification for Shaan's outburst and SM was not being gracious in trying to win at all costs against amateurs on the other side. It seems that for one duet item featuring a weak female singer, SM had chosen a song where a male singer in his team sang the bulk of the song and the female only 4 lines. This was the immediate cause of Shaan's outburst though he had earlier already been upset that SM was coming in to compete against the amateurs singers in his team.
SweetyGreen thumbnail

Sweety, yes, it sounds like a big drama. But I think there was justification for Shaan's outburst and SM was not being gracious in trying to win at all costs against amateurs on the other side. It seems that for one duet item featuring a weak female singer, SM had chosen a song where a male singer in his team sang the bulk of the song and the female only 4 lines. This was the immediate cause of Shaan's outburst though he had earlier already been upset that SM was coming in to compete against the amateurs singers in his team.

well said Bonheur... thanks for the detail info.. as all these shows are cooked up ones.. we can expect more drama..
Bonheur thumbnail
And so it seems as if the brief camaraderie we all enjoyed through Sangeetha Maha Yutham has come to an end (unfortunately, they are not showing the finals here in Singapore today -- we are one week behind the India schefule; hopefully they will do so next week and not conveniently forget).

I don't expect to tune in to the next season -- the only reason I watched this time was that I enjoy Madhu's singing. And I don't watch most other programmes on Sun or other Indian channels. So, it's a brief goodbye for now -- unless there is some other forum for engaging friends here on Madhu's songs (listen in to the next programme on IF radio; I have dedicated a song by Madhu to all of you).

cheers
Bonheur
Edited by Bonheur - 13 years ago
SweetyGreen thumbnail

And so it seems as if the brief camaraderie we all enjoyed through Sangeetha Maha Yutham has come to an end (unfortunately, they are not showing the finals here in Singapore today -- we are one week behind the India schefule; hopefully they will do so next week and not conveniently forget).

I don't expect to tune in to the next season -- the only reason I watched this time was that I enjoy Madhu's singing. And I don't watch most other programmes on Sun or other Indian channels. So, it's a brief goodbye for now -- unless there is some other forum for engaging friends here on Madhu's songs (listen in to the next programme on IF radio; I have dedicated a song by Madhu to all of you).

cheers
Bonheur

well said...and me too love madhu's voice.. its so mesmerising and love to hear him.... and thanks for dedicating the songs for us... ha ha
Bonheur thumbnail

S36 the Band

Oh, and before I go, a quick word about the album officially launched yesterday by cricketer Sreesanth, which has Madhu as lead singer. They will do their debut concert in Nov/Dec in Dubai, singing in English, Hindi and Tamil in experimental genres. Their album is available for downloads:

SweetyGreen thumbnail

S36 the Band

Oh, and before I go, a quick word about the album officially launched yesterday by cricketer Sreesanth, which has Madhu as lead singer. They will do their debut concert in Nov/Dec in Dubai, singing in English, Hindi and Tamil in experimental genres. Their album is available for downloads:

thanks for the info dear...
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks Bon for the song and dedicating to us. I will try to listen in IF Radio.

I totally agree about Madhu's voice. So wonderful. Can you post a list of  Tamil movie songs sung by him if you get a chance? If you have it handy then good. Otherwise I will search for that.

Also please PM me if you come across any good madhu albums. I am planning on listening to all these while working.  may be we can open Madhu's appreciation thread or some thing in the Other section.
Edited by migan - 13 years ago
SweetyGreen thumbnail

Originally posted by: migan

Thanks Bon for the song and dedicating to us. I will try to listen in IF Radio.

I totally agree about Madhu's voice. So wonderful. Can you post a list of  Tamil movie songs sung by him if you get a chance? If you have it handy then good. Otherwise I will search for that.

Also please PM me if you come across any good madhu albums. I am planning on listening to all these while working.  may be we can open Madhu's appreciation thread or some thing in the Other section.

yes migan u are right.. i too need.. his voice is so sweet..