Behenein Celebrates 100 Episodes on 23rd June!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

Behenein Celebrates 100 Episodes!

At one point in time, Star Plus was singing "Hoo Behene De, Mujhe Behene De, Mujhe Behene De, Mujhe Behene De, Mujhe Behene De". And then, Behenein was born.

From 8th February 2010, Star Plus started airing a new show, Behenein, which is about 4 sisters: Purva (the eldest and mothering), Smriti (who was the only married and second sister), Akashi (the third sister concerned about her beauty and is strong-willed) and Anokhi (the youngest and the dancer of the family). Behenein started with the big Raaz behind Purva's marriage. Here are some of the first promos, to refresh your memory:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP-4rsixG84[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzAQX2ZSKhg[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wgx-qCWS9o[/YOUTUBE]

There was also the contest for viewers to guess how Purva's life would change, here is the exact website for that: http://behenein.starplus.in/

We now reach the point, on the 23rd June 2010, where Behenein hits 100 episodes, so why shouldn't we celebrate?

Coming soon to the Behenein forum is....

We have witnessed a lot in the 100 episodes, 98 normal and 2 Maha Episodes. From the beginning, the death of the parent's of the Behenein, then how Amar and Purva's love story blossomed, Smriti giving birth to Prem and then losing her mental balance, Anokhi and Sameer's tragic and short love story, Mansi coming and going, with Purva marrying Mihir, the Akashi and Kshitij jodi joining then splitting, Akashi's marriage and tolerating of Shamaldas and now finally Smriti's death. A lot has happened in the journey of Behenein up till now!

Behenein has also seen a quite a few people leaving the show. First, it was the parents, Darshan Jariwala and Shruti Ulfat who played Sevanti and Revti respectively. After that, it was Sameer who left the show, played by Rahul Arora, who ended up in jail. After him, there was the short role of Mansi (Itishree Singh) and her mother who came to take all that was the Sanghvi's, just disappeared from the show after Purva married Mihir. Lastly and most recently, Amar, played by Ajay Chaudhary left the show, saying he was moving to Ahmedabad.

Behenein overnight has made 3 newcomers and 1 other actress stars, Alisha Khan (Purva), Shiju Kataria (Smriti), Adaa Khan (Akashi) and Ojaswi Oberoi (Anokhi). Not to forget, Behenein reintroduced to the Television world Ketki Dave, famous for her "Arra ra" in Kyunki Saas, she is back as the evil plotting Nima Fai. Behenein has also seen an actor from down south join hindi television, Manoj Mishra, who is also the stubborn and bad Shamaldas.

Behenein's title song may have been short, but it's kept sweet too, from showing all the 4 sisters, as below. Behenein also incorporated a lullaby song, sung by Smriti, Purva and also Revti, which goes...

"Teri Akhiyoon Mein Sapne Sajadu,
Teri Akhiyoon Mein Sapne Sajadu, Aaja Nindhiya Ka Kajal Laga Doon"

Coming soon to the Behenein forum is...

So this is to celebrate 100 episodes of the fabulous show "Behenein", thanking all the people who put effort into the show, from the actors all mentioned above, those in the cast list in the forum and all others as well as the people behind the show, mainly "Hats Off Productions".

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
πŸ‘πŸ‘

So what have been some of your most favourite/happiest/shocking/saddest scenes?

heyy sattvik veryy nyc thread dear!!
great effort!!
congrats to all behnein......

my fav scene was in 1st epi when the flowers get on the 3 sisters....

my happiest scene was when mihir and purva play in rain..

saddest scene was when their parents and smriti died

shocking scene::when shamak marry aakahsi....

many congrats to the team.
congrats to the behnein team...

tha happiest  scene for me was when smirti came to her maayka  to make cake for mihir

shocking was when purva married mihir

saddest was when purva left Amar(had to leave i should say

congrats to the cast and crew of BehneinπŸ‘
wow india the episodes are like a month inhead.. well better late then never lol congrats i guess..

lol the best moment for me was when they had the 1st amar-purva scene...:):):)

the funniest by far is the Vishal-Manik love scenes...:L:L:L

But the saddest was when Amar was all broken when purva had to leave him :(