Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xobile thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Great Video Shreyacool!

As for this song, I know it strikes a chord with MANY people out there. It's not really my preferance... So I guess I'm not going to get emotional and get very generous as I might otherwise have. That's helpful for my Judging though!

Seriously there is nothing challenging for Shreya to sing in this. It is the magic of her expression and the beauty of the composition which makes people love the song. But from a technical point of view, the singing here is simple. Everything in the middle octave, moving at a leisurely tempo. The harkats are what we would expect in any decent Bollywood number. On the other hand, we have Anuradha Paudwal in this round working her socks off to hit those high notes and handle those low notes...

Of course, there is a reason the song clicks. People love Shreya's voice because it is so thin and sweet (which always clicks with Indian listeners) yet not one-dimensional - a rare combination. And the feel in her singing is commendable! 👏 She spent most of the song repeating the same two words 'Teri Ore' in the same tune but it STILL wasnt boring or monotonous.

Shreya is definitely going to be Numero Uno this round.

But maybe not from my side. 8/10

ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: xobile

. On the other hand, we have Anuradha Paudwal in this round working her socks off to hit those high notes and handle those low notes...

Then why did she receive the same score? 😕
ssk13809 thumbnail
Great singing by Shreya Ghoshal once again

She had a beautiful, soft, and perfect voice all throughout this song.
Very nicely sung. Smooth and flawless. Nonetheless, I kind of agree that it was not so difficult. But it's not that easy. The expressions were taken very well care of to the smallest details. That was nice too. And I liked the finish of the song.

Overall, great singing. Smooth, soft, and flawless. Obviously, excellent voice quality. As for the score, it wasn't too difficult, but she sang flawlessly. I would say around 8.5 to be honest, and usually I will round up, but I am more strict this round so...

Rating: 8/10

kiti_g thumbnail
Love this song! 😊
Rahatji has the tougher portions of the song and he does great! 👏
Shreya is not really challenged in this song though she is great as usual and her expressions are perfect!
Since I am not really on a 'tough' grading program 😉, I am going to give her a 9 only because Kavitaji was mindblowing and i gave her a 10 for better singing 😳
Hunk101 thumbnail
Originally posted by: xobile

Great Video Shreyacool!

As for this song, I know it strikes a chord with MANY people out there. It's not really my preferance... So I guess I'm not going to get emotional and get very generous as I might otherwise have. That's helpful for my Judging though!

Seriously there is nothing challenging for Shreya to sing in this. It is the magic of her expression and the beauty of the composition which makes people love the song. But from a technical point of view, the singing here is simple. Everything in the middle octave, moving at a leisurely tempo. The harkats are what we would expect in any decent Bollywood number. On the other hand, we have Anuradha Paudwal in this round working her socks off to hit those high notes and handle those low notes...

Of course, there is a reason the song clicks. People love Shreya's voice because it is so thin and sweet (which always clicks with Indian listeners) yet not one-dimensional - a rare combination. And the feel in her singing is commendable! 👏 She spent most of the song repeating the same two words 'Teri Ore' in the same tune but it STILL wasnt boring or monotonous.

Shreya is definitely going to be Numero Uno this round.

But maybe not from my side. 8/10

Teri ore is a simple singing?????????  😡

You gave cheenikum a 9 & Teriore a 8, shreya will obviously laugh at you. I know it from the very beginning that you never wanted shreya to win & you r trying alot hard to make kavita win, but dont make is soo obvious! As a judge you need to overcome your likes & dislikes xo!
As I had said You consider yourself superior than the Professional singers & the MDs. right? Can I ask you a question? if u dont mind.

@cutiepie rani
You gave alka's Kuch kuch hota hai a 9 in the last round, now as compared to it teriore is a much more better voice clarity & challenging singing. So isnt this clear bais?
Edited by Hunk101 - 13 years ago
ssk13809 thumbnail
Rani gives Alka + 1 or +2 every round. 😆
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I enjoyed Kuch Kuch Hota hai NOT because it was an Alka Yagnik, but simply because the singing was good! Call it bias if you want!

This song wasn't bad. Shreya did a beautiful job singing it. And yes it was simple! Now if we were rating the male singer of this song, I'd have different views. He sang very well.

Shreya had the perfect touch for this song, yet it didn't impress me as much. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai did, maybe because I've grown up hearing the song and IMO it was clearly ahead! And as we progress in rounds my ratings will get much tougher, EVEN FOR ALKA JI!

If you felt I was being biased, that's really up to you to believe and think! I can't judge others views and how they look upon mine. I am not trying to biased!
ssk13809 thumbnail
Agar ek totally unbiased judge hai, toh woh hai ssk13809.

I think everyone agrees with this. Ktopden said the same. Because I actually like all the singers in this competition. I truly respect and like all their singings. I can't say the same for my fellow judges.

Jai Mata Di!
Jai Hindustan!
Edited by ssk13809 - 13 years ago
Hunk101 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

I enjoyed Kuch Kuch Hota hai NOT because it was an Alka Yagnik, but simply because the singing was good! Call it bias if you want!

This song wasn't bad. Shreya did a beautiful job singing it. And yes it was simple! Now if we were rating the male singer of this song, I'd have different views. He sang very well.

Shreya had the perfect touch for this song, yet it didn't impress me as much. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai did, maybe because I've grown up hearing the song and IMO it was clearly ahead! And as we progress in rounds my ratings will get much tougher, EVEN FOR ALKA JI!

If you felt I was being biased, that's really up to you to believe and think! I can't judge others views and how they look upon mine. I am not trying to biased!

These explanations wont work rani, your bias is clearly clearly visible for alka & kavita. You didnt enjoy the song bcoz  u already had a negative outlook towards it. I am repeating, as a judge you too need to overcome your likes & dislikes & rate fairly.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Hunk101

These explanations wont work rani, your bias is clearly clearly visible for alka & kavita. You didnt enjoy the song bcoz  u already had a negative outlook towards it. I am repeating, as a judge you too need to overcome your likes & dislikes & rate fairly.

Excuse me. I am just as much of a Shreya fan like the rest! I am not favoring 2 singers over the other. I have clearly different views. And no one has to have the same views! If you still feel my bias, then I could care less. I'm free to give my own opinions on songs. Shreya is one of my favorite singers, but that doesn't mean I have to give her high scores all the time. And plus she is clearly the audience's "favorite" singer. So you don't need to even worry about a Shreya elimination! Judges ratings will hardly matter if she has the tremendous fan following!
Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 13 years ago