Debate Mansion

Debate Contest Winners (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 19

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 2:40am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate Contest Winners (Page 13)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 2:44am | IP Logged
^^ allow me to join, though i did so already a while before! wheeee wheeee whiz! Wink LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Midnight_ShadeFair-n-luvlyMeena1

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 2:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 3:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by the_Naked_face

I bet RTH is gonne lock this topic now , because i am ''spamming'''...and in the last 11 pages, obviously people were congratulating the winners only. The sole purpose of this thread! LOL

Xoxo

No...Ya am ready for that bet!!? lolLOLkyu ki Picture abi bi baaki hey yaroo!Wink

Edited by Believe - 22 June 2010 at 4:44am

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 3:18am | IP Logged
Raavan is just 2hrs 5min and it looks like some 3 and half hrs movie......Thumbs Down

Edited by Believe - 22 June 2010 at 4:42am

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by the_Naked_face

Originally posted by krystal_watz

@souro-
^^^there lies the answer to your resquest of courteously accepting the winner and moving on!

</div>
somebody get me a tissue to wipe my tears! Sniff!Silly

LOL LOL

Whats happening here? are winners debating against each other now for which posistion they rightly stand?LOL

@ Morning Dia! your up early today eh?LOL

Xoxo

<div>

Exams aren't quite over yet Ouch Give it a week or so and I refuse to be waking up earlier than 12pm! Tongue Then it'll be me, my bed, FRIENDs and fresh prince all day long LOL

But yes, this thread shoud get locked seeing that the congratulations are obviously over lol

Edited by hindu4lyf - 22 June 2010 at 5:06am

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 8:19am | IP Logged
@my_view: After the debate is over there are 100 questions one can ask:

1) Ajnu and I got points docked for posting after the deadline, even if other contesters posted later than the official deadline too. However, that extension penalty looses its meaning now that other participants like you and especially cuckoocutter are continuing to debate about my points in this very thread! Thats why I told your previously in a concise way. But, it is rightly said that one cant convince someone who has already decided on his/her opinions. But note that debate is not about completely convincing some person, but to present one's arguments.

2) Why are we giving lot of weightage to user "likes" when that was not mentioned as an evaluation criteria in the topic? And if hinted somewhere then why for a topic about "USA vs India" where Indians on India forums will obviously like for someone arguing for India and not for lesbians?

you see there is not end to questions like this?

and just like my sissy TNF said above I dont know why we have to do this in this thread. I didnt start it but I have to reply to some comments.

Where were so called judges when RTH asked them to send PMs about their intentions?
Where were all the suggestions when it was being discussed  before the debate started?

Editing it to keep it short and simple.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 22 June 2010 at 9:48am

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 8:23am | IP Logged
@my_view: I apologize if I sounded angry. I too thoughtmy posts were looking like that, but thats why I tried to calm it down by using smilies and saying nothing personal. I myself remark that it doesn't work always, but I tried. I was also tired, as I mentioned before.

If some uninvited judge will try to judge my posts then they should at least read it carefully.

If you see it in neutral light then I was using logic. I was mainly protesting to strong, but unfair criticism of citations and the judge, in something like an award ceremony, after it became clear that citations were being taken out of context without bothering to check the associated text. One has to read the text carefully to know about the claims in it that are supported by citations. For example a citation in the text arguing for the unwed mother with the title "Bible belt crimes" will look irrelevant at first go, but if you see the text it will become clear that it is supporting the claim about bible belt crimes to say that the environment is not safe  for a lesbian mom. Sometimes citations are also used to specify the source of some quoted texts, etc.

As for you, I already told you that I respect you. We in fact have shared ideas in threads about philosophy. I have always acknowldged you and found your posts as intelligent. If you allow, we can cool off things through scraps and in fact this reminds me that I promised to scrap/PM you on how to put an avatar for the profile.

And even if this is VL, I respect and care for people here. This is because behind those ids or behind those electrons there is a real person with a heart. Behind a gal id there is a great woman
who is either already a great mother in real life or will become one day. Just like my mom, who used to see off the little one to school with a tata from the door, after combing hair and handing over the lunch box. Only to eagerly wait for the little one in the afternoon and listen to all his mischievious stories.  

Who can forget their mothers? I never will. Neither will i forget other mothers nor my motherland India :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

my_viewMidnight_ShadeBeyond_the_Veil

Post Reply New Post

Go to top