Debate Mansion

Debate Contest Winners (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 19

cuckoocutter

Posted: 21 June 2010 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate Contest Winners (Page 10)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cuckoocutter

Posted: 21 June 2010 at 2:31pm | IP Logged

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 21 June 2010 at 2:44pm | IP Logged

my_view

Goldie

my_view

Posted: 21 June 2010 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mister.K.

The ones who are disparaging now had ample opportunities to constructively participate in the pre-debate thread that was dedicated to how the ensuing debate should be conducted and how the arguments should be evaluated. Crying over what you consider is split/spilled milk, is pointless now, not to mention discourteous. If you truly want to help organize future debates in a better way, you should sound like it. I could be hearing impaired or visually challenged I am not seeing any genuineness in the criticisms.

Mr. K. If you are referring to me based on my last post then let me say that I had no intentions of getting muddy with the nitty-gritty of it all. In fact I had conceded before but you asked me to elaborate and respectably I told you henceforth. Now if you consider that discourteous then let me ask you about what you said to Cuckoo in your congratulatory post regarding Sarina saying some cringe worthy stuff in her comments.

Also perhaps I have high regards for RTH and her capabilities and impartiality that it stuck out like a sore thumb when not so relevant citations were given so much importance.

Again let me reiterate that I have no problems with how the debate was carried out in its entirety but was merely posting my thoughts on comments by the judge.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Midnight_ShadeMeena1

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 21 June 2010 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cuckoocutter

r u saying this because WA and gauri and karandel tag-teamed on trying to undermine the qualitative arguments? (it was heart-warming to see WA trying to undermine her own side by saying emotions dont count) lol

btw, i think the guy who came first had better economic arguments than yours lol. what you got is mostly irrelevant given we are talking abt middle-class in both situations- u gotta draw comparisons n then u'd see how middle class premise itself is an equalizer since upward mobility is pretty dismal in both cases.

in additn, whatever evidence u just hinted at wld just invite counter evidence that could go on till someone dropped dead outa boredom lol. they r not killer punches. it's one chip-shot against another, the kinds we get when politicians run ads against each other, each purportedly presenting "facts". one runs into that kind of problem when there's no coherent story. also ppl aint number machines (strange i'd be saying this given my background lol).

but sure, if one side goes down the numbered lane, other side has to also. in that case, be sure that one cld have responded too. but responding to stuff one doesnt deem worthy of, that u shld not expect. :). it's also like chess, why set off on an opening when u know it wont lead anywhere. that's equivalent to the qualittative stuff that was going on abt how the kid was born, whether the mom got raped, needless distractions.

basically irrelevant evidence/ no story goes for a round 0 in my humble opinion. lol

Our side of the debate could have been argued, I felt, without bringing the whole bollywood essence of mere paas maa hai and obvious use of patriotism to win the argument. That is why I decided I'd try to keep my side of the debate void of personal emotions and stick to concrete arguments that can actually be debated.

Having said that, I had heard of sore losers, but this is the first time I've seen a sore winner. Seriously A, you won fair and square. I congratulated you, in fact, we all congratulated you. Now, I suggest you get over yourself and accept the win and call it a day. If you had any issues with what was permissible and what was expected in the debate, you should have raised these issues beforehand.

And if you really wanted to present counters to all the points brought up, you should have stayed there until the end. At this point, the ship has sailed. Standing on the shore and calling after it ain't  going to do anyone any good.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 21 June 2010 at 3:04pm | IP Logged

my_view

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 21 June 2010 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cuckoocutter

lol how did i enter in here? to me this after-debate analysis is just that, another opportunity to debate and while away time. i'd like to forget i even participated that's how little i care for my participation. lol

pls note- i'd be sticking up same way if it were anyone else n i believed what i was sayin.

you expressed your opinion that emotions had no place. i was pointing out how you were dead wrong. i'd prefer to debate this latter aspect than who's worthy and who's not. lol

If I had a penny for every time I heard that one said .... Wacko

Yes, that is quite evident, that you do not care for your participation. Especially since you are making all these claims after having WON the debate.

Haar ke jeet ne waale ko baazigar kehte hain. But I wonder what you call someone jo jeet ke bhi haar gaya? We need a word for that now. LOL

Beyond_the_Veil

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 June 2010 at 3:13pm | IP Logged

Beyond_the_Veil

Post Reply New Post

Go to top