Debate Mansion

Debate Contest Winners - Page 11

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Raavan is just 2hrs 5min and it looks like some 3 and half hrs movie......πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ Edited by Believe - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: the_Naked_face

LOL πŸ˜†

Whats happening here? are winners debating against each other now for which posistion they rightly stand?πŸ˜†

@ Morning Dia! your up early today eh?πŸ˜†

Xoxo

<div>

Exams aren't quite over yet Give it a week or so and I refuse to be waking up earlier than 12pm! πŸ˜› Then it'll be me, my bed, FRIENDs and fresh prince all day long πŸ˜†

But yes, this thread shoud get locked seeing that the congratulations are obviously over lolEdited by hindu4lyf - 13 years ago
karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@my_view: After the debate is over there are 100 questions one can ask:

1) Ajnu and I got points docked for posting after the deadline, even if other contesters posted later than the official deadline too. However, that extension penalty looses its meaning now that other participants like you and especially cuckoocutter are continuing to debate about my points in this very thread! Thats why I told your previously in a concise way. But, it is rightly said that one cant convince someone who has already decided on his/her opinions. But note that debate is not about completely convincing some person, but to present one's arguments.

2) Why are we giving lot of weightage to user "likes" when that was not mentioned as an evaluation criteria in the topic? And if hinted somewhere then why for a topic about "USA vs India" where Indians on India forums will obviously like for someone arguing for India and not for lesbians?

you see there is not end to questions like this?

and just like my sissy TNF said above I dont know why we have to do this in this thread. I didnt start it but I have to reply to some comments.

Where were so called judges when RTH asked them to send PMs about their intentions?
Where were all the suggestions when it was being discussed  before the debate started?

Editing it to keep it short and simple.
Edited by karandel_2008 - 13 years ago
karandel_2008 thumbnail
@my_view: I apologize if I sounded angry. I too thoughtmy posts were looking like that, but thats why I tried to calm it down by using smilies and saying nothing personal. I myself remark that it doesn't work always, but I tried. I was also tired, as I mentioned before.

If some uninvited judge will try to judge my posts then they should at least read it carefully.

If you see it in neutral light then I was using logic. I was mainly protesting to strong, but unfair criticism of citations and the judge, in something like an award ceremony, after it became clear that citations were being taken out of context without bothering to check the associated text. One has to read the text carefully to know about the claims in it that are supported by citations. For example a citation in the text arguing for the unwed mother with the title "Bible belt crimes" will look irrelevant at first go, but if you see the text it will become clear that it is supporting the claim about bible belt crimes to say that the environment is not safe  for a lesbian mom. Sometimes citations are also used to specify the source of some quoted texts, etc.

As for you, I already told you that I respect you. We in fact have shared ideas in threads about philosophy. I have always acknowldged you and found your posts as intelligent. If you allow, we can cool off things through scraps and in fact this reminds me that I promised to scrap/PM you on how to put an avatar for the profile.

And even if this is VL, I respect and care for people here. This is because behind those ids or behind those electrons there is a real person with a heart. Behind a gal id there is a great woman
who is either already a great mother in real life or will become one day. Just like my mom, who used to see off the little one to school with a tata from the door, after combing hair and handing over the lunch box. Only to eagerly wait for the little one in the afternoon and listen to all his mischievious stories.  

Who can forget their mothers? I never will. Neither will i forget other mothers nor my motherland India :)
karandel_2008 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Cuckoocutter

@karandel=> buddy i dint even read any of ur responses. seldom do, incl on the debate contest itself. u gotta keep it short, i got short attention span. wikipedias dont cut it for me lol

Buddy I think I know why you were feeling unhappy, but like Mister K pointed out you are a practical guy :) I hope you get/got over whatever is making you unhappy.

Everyone has different style and I personally dont like neverending bollywood movie dialogues in debates equivalent to 3hr movie.  (my movie was veryyy long too lol) And on top of that not to mention that bollywood movies dont give citations for their original source when they copy the script or story. you gotta use some citations to support the logic.

But sometimes I do like them (especially the songs) and I acknowledged already in my first post that in debate one has to use emotions as well as evidence.

However, I think you should know that in real life we both might rather be sitting in an infested bar and drinking cuckoo brand beer instead of all this. lol
karandel_2008 thumbnail
With some amount of signing off going on.

I feel the occasion is right for a song dedicated to mothers. This was a debate focused on mothers and we love you moms and we love our motherland :)

Luka Chuppi bahut huyi saamne aa ja naa
Kahan kahan dhoondha tujhe
thak gayi hai ab teri maa

Aaja saanjh hui mujhe teri fikar
Dhundhla gayi dekh meri nazar aa ja na :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5qhBM3KJY8[/YOUTUBE]
karandel_2008 thumbnail
So thanks again everyone including contestants for following the debate and the congrats!!
We get motivation from people like you. :)

I enjoyed the contest and I very well appreciate the positive and negative feedback by the judge RTH. Thanks for organizing the contest and for good feedback :)

This content was originally posted by: karandel_2008

@my_view: I apologize if I sounded angry. I too thoughtmy posts were looking like that, but thats why I tried to calm it down by using smilies and saying nothing personal. I myself remark that it doesn't work always, but I tried. I was also tired, as I mentioned before.

If some uninvited judge will try to judge my posts then they should at least read it carefully.

If you see it in neutral light then I was using logic. I was mainly protesting to strong, but unfair criticism of citations and the judge, in something like an award ceremony, after it became clear that citations were being taken out of context without bothering to check the associated text. One has to read the text carefully to know about the claims in it that are supported by citations. For example a citation in the text arguing for the unwed mother with the title "Bible belt crimes" will look irrelevant at first go, but if you see the text it will become clear that it is supporting the claim about bible belt crimes to say that the environment is not safe  for a lesbian mom. Sometimes citations are also used to specify the source of some quoted texts, etc.

As for you, I already told you that I respect you. We in fact have shared ideas in threads about philosophy. I have always acknowldged you and found your posts as intelligent. If you allow, we can cool off things through scraps and in fact this reminds me that I promised to scrap/PM you on how to put an avatar for the profile.

And even if this is VL, I respect and care for people here. This is because behind those ids or behind those electrons there is a real person with a heart. Behind a gal id there is a great woman
who is either already a great mother in real life or will become one day. Just like my mom, who used to see off the little one to school with a tata from the door, after combing hair and handing over the lunch box. Only to eagerly wait for the little one in the afternoon and listen to all his mischievious stories.  

Who can forget their mothers? I never will. Neither will i forget other mothers nor my motherland India :)

Darn it, Karan😑  Now you are going filmy😑.........πŸ˜†
This is just an attempt to lighten the mood of everyone. Inspired by TNF's competition.

Sarina:

Cuckoo:

Karan:

I don't know whose, but someone's hand throwing mud at me:

Souro:

Gauri and my_view (with other forum members in the background):

Cuckoo (just before he decided he is not interested any more)

Angie (even though, she had nothing to do with anything):

Ajnu:

Karan and my_view:

The Debate contest itself:

Me. Mr. K. The One. Time to take control:

karandel_2008 thumbnail
@Gauri: arey baba sach bol raha hoon πŸ˜†

@Mister K: 🀣 at the pics above. Also, this reminds me that since yesterday I am thinking to post a shrek story task for Angie.