Debate Contest Winners - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Mister.K.

@Gauri: A top-flight, scorching, no-nonsense, don't-you-dare-mess-with-me, go-getter, kind of girl like you shouldn't have withdrawn from the competition for whatever reasons that have prompted you to do so. That was very uncharacteristic of you, from whatever little I know about you. I hope, right now, you are not sulking at the "unfairness" of it all. If it's any solace, it's just a virtual competition. Best wishes for the next time.

The saddest thing is that I am sad that this whole contest actually took place and I could not one on one smack down in the ring with Gauri. 😆

@Sarina: you don't need a panel of judges. In fact, in my opinion, a panel would impede your style. You are capable of single-handedly dealing with any/all such competitions. It takes a lot to impress me, and I gotta give it to you girl. You are good! Really, really good.

Wow thats quite something coming from you. 

Originally posted by qwertyesque

\
Wish i could.... but cant go on debate for too long.. i aligned with cuckoo's view a lot and so think she did good.. btw u and Karan also did good arguments..

Typically all rebuttals should be limited to not more than 10 lines at a time.. its difficult to read too many posts and it just slips off my attention span if it goes for more than 12 lines..

I had to read that a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating the "s". 😆

Agreed, it is hard to keep up with long debates and long posts.
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I had to read that a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating the "s". 😆

Agreed, it is hard to keep up with long debates and long posts.
cuckoo's or nigtingales.. ok sorry he did good..😆... i generally associate conservative views with gals.. so .. this is the default...

sorry Cuckoo.. theres nothing in a gender.. even if you were a gal you would have won it...😊

aur ab hateli.. jaa key soh jaa.. 😆
Edited by qwertyesque - 13 years ago
Originally posted by qwertyesque

cuckoo's or nigtingales.. ok sorry he did good..😆... i generally associate conservative views with gals.. so .. this is the default...

sorry Cuckoo.. theres nothing in a gender.. even if you were a gal you would have won it...😊

aur ab hateli.. jaa key soh jaa.. 😆

Ab yeh nightingale kaun hai?  ... yeah, yeah, I'm going, I'm going. As though my parents aren't enough, jo aap ek aur aa gaye. 😛
Originally posted by Mister.K.

@Cuckoo: I understand your quandary. The trophy feels good except it wasn't handed to you categorically. There were a few parting words by Sarina at the microphone during the award ceremony that made you cringe. Plus you were not able to persuade everyone to acknowledge that you are the rightful claimant for the top prize. I am sure a pragmatist like you would see through the impracticality of that and come to terms with reality in a jiffy. You are not universally loved and you will never be. <shrugs>. Congratulations on your victory.

@Gauri: A top-flight, scorching, no-nonsense, don't-you-dare-mess-with-me, go-getter, kind of girl like you shouldn't have withdrawn from the competition for whatever reasons that have prompted you to do so. That was very uncharacteristic of you, from whatever little I know about you. I hope, right now, you are not sulking at the "unfairness" of it all. If it's any solace, it's just a virtual competition. Best wishes for the next time.

@Karan and Ajnu: You guys are two model denizens, very gracious in "defeat" even though being the optimists that you both are, I am 100% sure you look at the situation as a glass being much more than half-full; matter of fact, I am sure you view your glasses as filled to the brim. Kudos! However, next time, go for the jugular.

@Sarina: you don't need a panel of judges. In fact, in my opinion, a panel would impede your style. You are capable of single-handedly dealing with any/all such competitions. It takes a lot to impress me, and I gotta give it to you girl. You are good! Really, really good.

u're spot on. it sucks dont it? lol.
but i like it that way long as it's virtual disneyland. i mean who needs smooth virtual sailin when it's more fun navigating cuckoo-infested waters lol

"While others may argue about whether the world ends with a bang or a whimper, I just want to make sure mine doesn't end with a whine"

~Barbara Gordon
hey good quote Gauri lol

that remind me of politicians. watch what they do, not what they say. lol let's say one just got done whining when their opponent battled against stacked odds, then claim one dont whine, now that's a dead give-away they're whining, aint that so? lol also, like when they make excuses for why they run away fm battle when anyone with half a brain can see they knew they were getting run out anyway, dont u think? lol

but good quote gauri. smart girl barbara. lol
Originally posted by cuckoocutter

hey good quote Gauri lol

that remind me of politicians. watch what they do, not what they say. lol let's say one just got done whining when their opponent battled against stacked odds, then claim one dont whine, now that's a dead give-away they're whining, aint that so? lol also, like when they make excuses for why they run away fm battle when anyone with half a brain can see they knew they were getting run out anyway, dont u think? lol

but good quote gauri. smart girl barbara. lol

If it makes you feel better then so be it.  Hopefully this will help you move on.

Thanks for liking the quote. 

Congrats, cuckoo! :)

And congrats Karan Bhai for the first runner up trophy. :)
Congrats Cuckooo.. 😎...Karan & Ajnu... 👏