Srabon_Dhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Nice one. Update regularly..
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to thank you all sososo much for the awesome comments you left me, and thanks to everyone who hit the LIKE button on the post! ๐Ÿค—

And before you say you're shocked seeing me here again, saying I have an update, don't worry, I'm surprising myself as well๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰

I have an Extremely Important Question to ask everyone.

And I really hope you get a chance to read and answer this.

So the next update will be a pretty funny one, at least I think it will be๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† But, moving the story onwards, I have a relatively serious plot in mind. Not like tragic serious, there's still going to be sarcasm, comedy, etc, but it's not going to be as consistent as usual.

And my Question for YOU is do you still want me to go down the serious plot, or should I end the FF soon, without introducing any serious angle to it?

I really would love to know, so please don't hesitate in saying whatever you think about this :)

And the next chapter should be up in a few hours!

Cheers!
~Naina
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

*PLEASE be sure to read the post ABOVE! I really would like you all to respond, post a comment, PM me, something, so I have a general idea of what you guys would prefer!*

Chapter 16:

An unspoken truce had been laid out, and two days later, Maan and Geet were actually acting like relatively mature, rational thinking adults. Maybe it was the gravity of the situation they had been presented with before, the baby's life actually being at a risk of some sort, but they were actually not acting like enemies anymore. In fact, they actually seemed to be becoming friends.

"So Geet, any idea about what you want to do for tomorrow?" Maan mumbled, flipping through the channels as they were both lying in bed. "And please, don't say shopping again, I can't stand the idea of carrying around two more bags of chocolate and jewelry."

Geet playfully shoved him in the shoulder, "Well, we need to get everyone something. After all, Kripa and Angad and Armaan and Riddhima did so much for us, planning the honeymoon, helping me shop for the wedding, calming your nerves. But don't worry, I'm bored of shopping too. What if we hit the mountains tomorrow Maan? I was reading the brochures in the lobby about-"

"Mountain biking, and paragliding? Oh yeah, and all that dog sledding seems really fun too. That would be the perfect way to spend tomorrow!" Maan's excitement was palpable, as a smile just formed when he began talking about all these outdoorsy activities.

And Geet's heart just skipping a beat. She knew she definitely wasn't much of a mountain person, adventurous and sportsy, but if this would make Maan happy, then she would do it. After all, Mr. Khadoos needed to loosen up.

"What are you thinking about Geet? Something that's making you happy?" Maan suddenly asked, noticing how his wife seemed to be paying very little attention to what he was even saying.

"I...oh nothing. Nothing really important anyways" she smiled back, waving her hand. "So are you going to call the places to book our tickets, make reservations or something?"

Maan was easily distracted once again, as he realized that he had this work cut out for him. "Oh right! I'll have to call the front desk to get the numbers-- Wait. Geet. Stop. Hold up."

He suddenly stopped talking, grasping her by the shoulders as worry and anxiousness set in, thus removing all traces of the happiness and excitement that had been present just moments ago.

"Maan? What's the matter? What's wrong?" She asked him slowly, reaching up to place a hand on his cheek as she raised her eyes to look into his.

"Geet. We forgot the most important thing here. You're pregnant! You can't go on these rides!"

Her eyes widened as realization suddenly dawned upon her. Oh darn! Maan was so excited though, she couldn't just take that away from him. It was his honeymoon too, and well he kinda has the right to be happy, do what he wants to.

"Oh right! How did we forgot the baby?!" Geet laughed, placing a hand on her stomach. "It's the reason we're even married in the first place. But no worries Maan, I'll hang around in the hotel. I think you should definitely go check out the paragliding and mountain biking-"

She didn't want him to agree. She wanted him to stay with her. He was khadoos in the beginning, but he seemed to be getting better, he was actually nice to her nowadays, and she didn't want him to go without her. But that would be unfair for her to insist.

She was cut off by Maan quickly shaking his head, "Of course not Geet! Why would I leave you alone? You would be bored out of your mind. Besides, we're on our honeymoon my dear, we're supposed to be spending every waking moment together, remember?" he winked, his tone all mischievous, as he pulled her closer, and placed brushed his lips across her.

A sudden jolt of electricity passed through the both of them, and they gave in quickly to their passion, their common sense flying out the window as he pressed his lips harder against hers, as her hands went around his neck.

And just as quickly as it started, it stopped. And they quickly sprung apart.

"I...I shouldn't...I'm sorry Geet. I don't really know what came over me" Maan said hurriedly, trying to explain himself after seeing the bewildered look Geet was giving him. And that was the truth. He had seen the sudden sadness in her eyes as she told him to go alone, and a part of him, a tiny corner of his heart, didn't like that. In fact, Geet was actually kind of fun, when she wasn't being annoying and frustrating.

Geet masked her confused feelings relatively quickly, as she pulled back and pulled the covers around herself tighter. "No worries Maan, I...this happens" And, flashing him a quick smile, she pulled the covers over her head, and turned away to the other side.

Maan was the one now who was utterly perplexed. In a matter of two seconds, the situation had gone from being normal to extremely awkward. All because of that one little kiss! He wanted to bang his head against the wall. Maan! For goodness sakes, can't you just learn to control yourself around her?! You're acting like an oversexed teenage boy!

And the kiss hadn't helped him either, because his body, well his body was now burning with desire. Just a little kiss but it had left him wanting more, much more. And seeing his wife just a few feet away, within reach, he had to control himself to not just grab her and pull her over towards himself to have his way with her.

Groaning, he pulled back the covers, and headed into the bathroom. A cold shower. A series of cold showers were definitely what he needed to control this crazy passion burning within him. Lust. That's all it was though. Love? No. Definitely not. That word was simply not in his dictionary.

-|||-

The next morning, Maan slowly rubbed his eyes open, hearing her mumbling soft words. She was saying something, actually speaking to the baby inside of her.

"Don't worry my baby, we'll be fine soon. We don't have anything else to worry about, not anymore anyways. He'll keep us safe" Geet murmured softly.

Confused, Maan turned over on the bed, only to see her rubbing her belly softly, a contented look on her face as she just radiated a sense of peace.

And a smile automatically appeared on his face as he reached out unconsciously to place a hand over her own.

Geet was startled at the touch, and she glanced up to see those dark pools gazing back at her, "I...I was just talking to the baby. I'm sorry if I woke you up Maan" she smiled, carefully trying to remove the hand that on her own.

But it wouldn't budge, and Maan firmly held it in place. "I'm here for you Geet, you know that right? Here for you and the baby. So whatever you were worried about before, any of those things, they can all go away" he spoked softly, but his words had an edgy tone to them as if he woudln't hear a word against them.

Just as she was about to respond, a wave of nausea hit her and, shoving Maan away with all the strength she could possibly muster up, she ran towards the bathroom. Maan of course, was right behind her, anxious as he got her a glass of water, a towel to clean herself, and helped her essentially as she emptied her stomach's contents.

"Just lie down Geet. I'm going to go call the doctor. He'll know what's going on with you. What did we eat for dinner last night? Maybe something was rotten in the food, but then I would have gotten sick too-" Maan went off on his ow tangent, completely concerned for her health, that he didn't even notice her trying to catch his attention.

"Oy! Mr. Khadoos Saab! Can you turn around?!" she finally yelled out, frustrated when her husband seemed to take no notice of a single word she was saying.

And of course, he did turn to look at her then. Mr. Khadoos was his nickname and he would always respond to that.

"Maan. Stop fretting. This is called morning sickness. Every pregnant woman has to deal with this, so no need to get worked up and call the doctor. Besides, I know how to deal with it, it happens everyday. Just get the medicines that are in the top of my suitcase" She pointed out the red bag on the side, and Maan just didn't respond.

In fact, he stood there, like a statue. Simply not moving.

"Maan? Hello? The Medicine?"

"You mean you've been going through with this for days?! And you didn't think it necessary to tell me?! How is it normal for women to be throwing up when they're pregnant? That cannot possibly be healthy Geet. I don't know what you've been reading, but the doctor will definitely agree with me. Something's wrong with you. Morning sickness, or whatever you call it just can't happen to everyone" He burst out, his face a mixture of a billion different feelings, apprehension, frustration, anxiety, anger.

And then, without listening to a word she had to say, utterly ignoring her, he grabbed the phone and called the receptionist at the front desk, saying that he wanted a doctor in the room to check out his wife.

And Geet followed him with her eyes, her mind a confusing bundle of thoughts as she watched her husband frantic with worry.  

This guy hated her own minute, swept her off her feet the next. He told her he couldn't stand the sight of her, but he refused to believe that morning sickness and pregnancy go hand in hand. He wanted the doctor's second opinion, but he refused to trust her.

He got married to her out of a sense of duty, because he wanted the baby, but he actually seemed to care about her.

She groaned.

Why did she end up having to marry the most complex man on the entire planet?

Do comment and hit the LIKE button!

-Naina

Edited by Naina2127 - 12 years ago