Twilight

Discuss:Book!Edward or Movie!Edward?

Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Discussion Of The Week

Do you prefer book!Edward or movie!Edward?
And why?

Will be looking forward to your views😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WildestDreams thumbnail
I read Twilight before watching the movie, and I love the character of Edward, and I imagined him quite differently.

I like more edward in the book than in the movie.😊

Larae thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i like both book and movie edward but the book edward is my favourite and the fact that rob plays edward is a bonus but i just felt because of the screenplay edwards character didnt turn out how it was like in the book and that really annoyed me when i watched the movie, like for eg i saw one eclipse clip when after edward finds out that jacob kissed bella edward was really angry but it was underneath the surface whereas in the movie he's like about to punch jacob and bella is stoping him its like theyre trying to make him look like a jealous bf but it isnt like that in the book anyway i wont judge until i see the whole movie
ROBlicious. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I Like both! But i think Movie more because i can actually see the emotion. Like when he wants to kill Jacob the anger. When he is upset the saddness and all the emotion.

In the book i like him because he smiles ALOT unlike the movies.
..-..Riya..-.. thumbnail
Books are any day superior to movies! The emotions and the feelings felt from the books are unmatchable. But I am extremely biased when it comes to ROBERT PATTINSON! 🤣 So, I seriously can't decide which Edward I like better. If the question is of feeling Edward, then book and if seeing, then DEFINITELY movie for obvious reasons. 😆
-Precious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i prefer the book edward mainly because the first movie really irritated me for some reason...it could not capture the charm of the book!! new moon was slightly better but the books were the best...rob and kristen gave me two faces to imagine the story how it is in the book! In the movie i noticed a lot of awkward pauses which were not actually supposed to be there and like harsha said:

Originally posted by: xoHarshaxo

In the book i like him because he smiles ALOT unlike the movies.

Soo well the book edward was wayy better!! 
eshaaax3. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
hmm. as much as im a jake/taylor fanatic. i do have a liking for both robert and edward. Edward, well he isnt my favorite chracter, but because he's describe to be a solemn type of person, i like that. Robert on the other hand, i cant deny it, he is good looking, but i love how in the movie he adds more of a mature factor to edward's character. in the books edward smiles alot! but in the movies, robert portrays edward differently[in a good way], and i guess i like both :)
Sweet Mermaid thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Oh I cant answer that.. The books are superior to the movies for me, but I love both my Book Edward and Rob in the movie, I think he does a perfect job!! so both...
aredhel18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
rob has potrayed edward perfectly.........so when it comes to love....my mind conjures up a mixture of the two......but still movie-edward i guess😳
.anjz. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
ohhh.... i really prefer the Book Edward... i admit the movie Edward looks handome and all.... but my first impression i got of Edward was from the books...... and in the movie... many scenes from the book are missing....

but Robert Pattinson has done a great job in Twilight, New Moon.... waiting for Eclipse........