lalit1 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
HOME | Free Newsletters | | |

Indiantelevision.com's Breaking News

'Kkavyanjali' debuts with bumper ratings of 13.91 TVR

By SONALI KRISHNA
Indiantelevision.com Team

(5 February 2005 3:30 pm)

MUMBAI: Kkavyanjali, Star Plus' newest property, has opened with monster ratings, paying rich dividends for Hindi entertainment television's lead channel, which pulled out all the stops ahead of its launch.

The show, which launched 12 January ( Tuesday), recorded a whopping TVR of 13.91 in the C&S 4+ HSM, according to TAM data. Even on the following days, (13 and 14 January) the show pulled in 10+ ratings thus managing an average debut week TVR of 11.7. Kkavyanjali opened in fourth position in terms of the top shows (behind "golden oldies" Kyunki..., Kahaani... and Kasauti...) and the ninth position in terms of ratings.

Coming to specific target groups, the show fared the best among 15 to 24 females with a weekly average of 15.8 TVR.

Says Star India senior vice president Ajay Vidyasagar, "It's genuinely a reflection of the fact that people want fiction with drama. If you want to really hold audiences, its drama that can really do it. We started building the property eight weeks before the launch. The whole promotion was done with a cohesive mission of ensuring a huge sampling trial. We were also very keen that we drum up the show in the Delhi, Haryana and UP belt considering the Punjabi nature of the show. Also, the show has a solid set up and has all the makings of a well told tale and a very strong semblance of the big screen imagery. This is clearly the fifth K that is entering Plus' domain."

Vidyasagar was quick to point out that this showed just how robust the platform was. Whether it was a movie like Mein Hoon Na or the recent Star Screen Awards, Star Plus has demonstrated how solid the franchise of its brand is, he said.

The channel expects the show to stabilise at 10+ and further perk up as the story moves forward. Amrita Singh has also been a significant "plus" factor. The ratings from the Gujarat and MP market were ballistic with Gujarat recording over 21 TVR and MP 29.4 TVR in the C&S 4+ TG.

Eight sponsors have tied up with the show. And according to industry sources, Rs 90 million has been pumped in for marketing alone behind the show. The plan forward is to sustain the momentum for another five weeks in terms of the promotional plan, thereafter allowing habit to set in. In terms of pure GRP's, close to 5,000 GRPs were burnt up in promoting the show.

Star Plus creative director Shailja kejriwal says, "The debut ratings are due to the huge marketing initiative and hence the great response. The real test of a daily comes after three months, and that is when one can actually say how the show will do and gauge its potential."

The show also managed to grow Star Plus' 9:30 - 10 pm slot by 20 per cent with a total tune in of 18 million viewers.

< = =text/> < = src="https://www.india-forums.com/phpadsnew/adjs.php?n=609848051&what=zone:10&exclude=," =text/>

Interestingly, with Kkavyanjali's launch, the hardest hit seems to have been Sony's Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, which has taken a beating in Gujarat 0.1 to 1 million markets where the ratings were 1.24 TVR on Monday and 0.24 TVR on Tuesday, the day of the launch.

While KBC created television history, Kkavyanjali most definitely has created a landmark for the highest launch rating seen for any show in the Hindi general entertainment category.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

queenbee thumbnail
U know what? KKKKKKKavyaanjalists can scream as loudly in the media as they want, they can manipulate its TRPs until it reaches the stratosphere, they can demand a new section here at IF, they can stand outside my house and beat their drums all night, and they can even threaten to hand me over to Osama bin Laden if I don't watch this show, but I swear to God... it makes not a WHIT of a difference to me... I will NOT watch even a single tiny wee bit of it as long as its pitted against my ONLY AND ONLY J J K N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HYPE AND HOOPLA DO NOT A GREAT SHOW MAKE!!!!!
Daisy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Agreed with every bit of what u said Queenbee.

I care a damn too. Long live our JJKN.
Rumi thumbnail

Originally posted by: queenbee

U know what? KKKKKKKavyaanjalists can scream as loudly in the media as they want, they can manipulate its TRPs until it reaches the stratosphere, they can demand a new section here at IF, they can stand outside my house and beat their drums all night, and they can even threaten to hand me over to Osama bin Laden if I don't watch this show, but I swear to God... it makes not a WHIT of a difference to me... I will NOT watch even a single tiny wee bit of it as long as its pitted against my ONLY AND ONLY J J K N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i second that!!!!!!!!!!

_anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rumi

i second that!!!!!!!!!!

AND I THIRD THAT!!!!

Zahira thumbnail

Originally posted by: queenbee

I FOURTH that! Damn Ekta Kappor and her serials! Go JJKN

spike thumbnail
Personally, i hate almost all the K-serials. n i think the latest k serial, the poem-offerer or whatever, is absolutely pathetic. 🤢
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

spike😆 good to see u back.

Queenbee,no one can beat you in being dramatic😆

jprasad thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zahira

I FOURTH that! Damn Ekta Kappor and her serials! Go JJKN

YEAH!
jprasad thumbnail
yeah another K serial!!!!

What to look forward to:

A poor woman marrying a rich guy and being a manager, boss or
whatever big wig it is that they wanna call themselves

An evil sister marrying her sister's love

An evil man raping a woman...and guess what they fall in love

abortions over and over again

miscarriages over and over again

Old women who look like they are 20 and their daughter looks 20 too

one saas being tortured by the evil bahu

one bahu being tortured by the evil saas

Villians plotting to take over the empire of a goody goody dumb idiot

someone who is burned alive in front of everyone, then comes back from
the dead...who do they think they are, Jesus??

Bad guy turns good, then turns evil, then turns good, then turns evil

Bad woman turns good, then turns evil, then turns good, then turns evil

The ultimate twist...the 20 year leap....the kids should only be at the max
20, but the younger ones who should be be the older ones appear out of
nowhere

That freakin pesky bad lady who always comes back to ruin a family...get
a life you old bad woman!

This doesn't say much about the likes of the indian audience. To me, it is
embarrassing.