NEW Maaneet FF~ LOVE-KNOT~ UPDTPart20page 97 09/24 - Page 6

Posted: 13 years ago
Nice FF
Liked that ur FF was showing Geet's pregnancy signs
Plz add me to ur pm list
Thanks a lot everyone!!

will update it real soon.....was terribly busy so cudn't get to it!!
hey honeyy

ur ff is fabb!!!
 cnt wait 4 more
continue soon
PART 3

Sasha was watching Maan's interest in this new girl with a hawk's gaze and noticing that he was actually interested in her whereabouts. MK….the great women hater, who she could safely say, liked her was actually taking an interest in this bhenji. She fumed at that and decides to find out something about her with her own little investigation.

She was sure that there would be definitely something she could find out that she could use against Geet. Everyone had a dirty little secret tucked away in their past….all she had to do was to find Geet's and make sure that MK heard of it. The only problem was how to do it? She thinks hard and then an idea strikes her. Smiling to herself, her eyes shining with triumph, Sasha goes into Maan's cabin.

"MK…..these are the papers your Munshiji and my father sent" she places the file in front of Maan and sees his eyes narrow.

It was the file on the Hoshiarpur project, the project for his mills. The mill which he had decided to start on Geet's land. His frown deepened….It was HIS land, he corrected himself.

"Thanks Sasha" he says offhandedly and simply ignores the file.

"MK …I was wondering if I could go and visit dad in, it has been so long" Sasha asked cunningly and saw him nod his assent.

"Sure …go on….how many days?" he asked.

"A week" she asked and he nodded and a happy Sasha took off to get back to work.

Geet walked into the office with the worst case of morning sickness. She hadn't been able to keep a thing down and thank god that she had a bathroom attached to her room, else she wouldn't know what to answer to Pinky and her father. She sat down in her chair and tried to get her interest shift to work but a sudden bout of sickness made her go running to the rest room.

Maan had been watching Geet with a hawk's gaze and had observed that she was sick. He followed her back to her cabin and she asked him what she could do for him.

"My dadi is coming for the meeting……please get the files ready of the London project" he told her coldly, while his gaze searched her face and saw lines of tiredness on her beautiful face.

"Sure sir" she nodded and sat down, getting to work. She looked up to see maan standing there and staring.

"Anything else sir?" she asked, her eyes questioning.

"What is wrong with you Geet?" he asked coming closer and surprise jumped into Geet's beautiful hazel eyes.

"N..N..Nothing" she stammered, color draining from her face.

"Are you sick?" his eyes narrowed.

Geet's heart started hammering. So he had noticed, she concluded but was sure that there was no way he would know she was pregnant.

"Yes…..a little" she conceded and looked down.

"Are you upto working?" he asked and Geet thought that he was going to fire her againg.

"Yes….it's just a little food poisoning…..it will go away" she lied. There was no way she was going to lose this job. It was way too important for her.

"Ok" Maan accepted and walked away and Geet heaved a sigh of relief. This man did not miss a thing. She wasn't sure how long she could hide her pregnancy from him but she was determined. She had decided that she would work at Khurana constructions and then when she had a little more idea about Delhi, she would look for another job and fade into oblivion, away from the prying eyes, where no one knew her and she didn't have to answer a million questions.

Geet got busy with work and when Savitri Devi came, Geet was in the restroom, getting sick again. She came to find an elegant old lady seated in front of her desk. She had twinkling eyes but they were as razor sharp as her grandson's. Geet now knew where he had gotten his classic good looks from.

Geet folded her hands in greeting and made her excuses about not being able to receive her.

Savitri devi, the matriarch of the Khurana clan looked at the beautiful girl, dressed simply in front of her with surprise. She wondered where Maan had found her and how he had hired her. She did not fit into his posh office but she was glad to see her anyways.

"It's ok…I am here to meet Maan" Savitri announced and Geet nodded.

"I will announce your arrival" she said and moved towards the phone but then stopped short.

"Would you like water Mam?" Geet asked and Savitri nodded.

She ordered her the water first and then announced her arrival to her boss who asked her to come inside with his Dadi. Savitri , throughout the meeting noticed an undercurrent between her grandson and his secretary but also noticed that unlike other girls, who threw themselves at Maan, Geet kept a respectable distance.

Many a times, she saw Maan stealing glances at Geet, when he thought no one was looking. That brought a smile to her face and gladdened her heart. Finally, after so long, maan was showing an interest in a girl. A girl she knew would be right for him as she had no graces of the higher society and was simple and down to earth. She knew that this was what Maan wanted, someone, who would be solely his, whose world would comprise of Maan.

When the grandmother and grandson got into an argument regarding a plan in the project, Geet tried to excuse herself but instead saw anger gleaming in those chocolate eyes.

"Sit down" he growled at her and she immediately sat back.

"You can go Geet" Savitri countered her grandson's order and when she tried to get up and her gaze clashed with Maan's she sat back down.

"M…Mam….maybe sir would need me" she supplied, not wanting to hurt the elder lady and not wanting to disobey her boss either. Geet's defensive answer made Savitri smile, which she managed to hide. Her grandson had managed to show this sweet little thing his temper too she thought.

"Am sure….you are right, Maan might need you……a lot"Savirti replied and saw Maan's irritated eyes shift towards her.

"Don't try again dadi" he snapped and Geet looked from one to the other.

"I am not trying Maan…..this time am sure I will get what I want" she challenged her grandson and Geet wondered what they were saying, as it made no sense to her.

"You may leave Geet" he ordered, still looking at his grandma. Geet got up and left and got busy with the things she had been ordered to do.

"Maan…..how long will you bind yourself to the past?" Savitri asked sadly.

"I have moved on dadi" he snapped at her. He hated it when she brought up his past and started on how he needed to get married. He had told her many times that he was never going to marry but she refused to listen.

"Dev and Naintara are coming back" she announced and saw the color disappear from his face.

"So?" he asked.

"Nothing….just wanted to let you know" Savitri tried to touch his hand but he withdrew it.

"It doesn't make a difference to me" he told her unable to meet his eyes.

"Does it still hurt?" Svitri questioned him and saw a determined expression settle on his face.

"I am working Dadi……I don't wish to discuss my past….I think you should leave" he told her and Savitri got up, understanding his pain.

"I am sorry Maan….she is Dev's wife now……and the bahu of the Khurana khandan….just don't make it awkward" she begged.

"Awkward? I live in the outhouse……and will move out if you want" he got up and started pacing agitatedly.

"Maan" Savitri started but he held up his hand.

"Please leave" he requested and his grandmother left him, a tired man.

Maan was tired fighting with himself. He sat down heavily in his chair and closed his eyes. Naintara…..he hated that name with gusto. She had been handpicked by his grandma for him. He had never loved her but had accepted her as his fianc and had discovered that she was smart as a whip but also selfish. He had let that go, giving that to her youth. He had tried to make her happy but she had always wanted more. She loved to party and socialize but Maan was reserved but had still made an effort.

The breaking point had come when she had started interfering in his work and he saw her getting too friendly with dev. He had thought that it was a devar-bhabhi relation but when he had walked in on a lovers meeting, he had broken all ties with her there and then and ordered Dev to do the same too. Then he had seen her devious side. She told them that she was pregnant with Dev's child and to avoid scandal, dev and Naintara had gotten married. It was discovered after marriage that it had all been a lie and Maan had moved out, ne=ver able to forgive his ex-fiance and now his bhabhi, her betrayal.

"Sir" Geet's soft voice brought him back to reality and he looked at her questioningly.

Geet had walked into his office and had found him sitting on his chair with his head thrown back, a thousand expressions crossing his handsome face. She had read anger, sadness and then acceptance in the…..never seen happiness reflect in his face.

"Don't you knock?" Maan snapped.

"I did…..you didn't hear……here is your coffee" she replied and placed the liquid in front of him. Without a second thought he took the cup and brought it to his lips and the hot liquid burnt his mouth.

"Shoot" he screamed and looked at Geet in anger.

"You should have waited" she chided him and took the cup from him.

"You want to kill me ….don't ever bring coffee for me" he told her rudely and saw fire light her hazel eyes.

"If I don't give you coffee….you will be even more of a devil" she retorted and Maan looked at her in surprise. This chit of a girl was arguing back.

"And you are an angel?" he questioned taking a step towards her.

"Any doubts" she smiled and the breath stuck in his throat. Geet's smile made her look even more beautiful and it wiped the tiredness off her face.

"Go away" he turned away from her, unable to fathom why he noticed every small thing about her.

The day flew by quickly and so did the next two days. Sasha was on leave and it made it easier on Geet. Her morning sickness too had given her a bit of a respite and Adi and Pinky helped her learn the ropes. Maan was always busy and she saw him spend more and more time in the office. She wondered why this man drove himself so hard.

"Geet" Maan strode into her office as she was about to leave for the day.

"Yes sir" she asked and he told her that there were some lose ends they needed to tie so she needed to stay late.

"Oh" she said and Maan noticed her disappointment.

"What?" he asked.

"I am hungry" pat came her reply and he rolled his eyes.

"Fine….I'll order in….lets shift to the conference room" he ordered her.

She gathered her stuff and entered the conference room to hear Maan order Thai food.

"I hate angrezi khana" she made a face and sat down pouting.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"Daal makhni and paneer butter masala and tandoori rotis" she told him with a smile.

"Are you serious?" he asked not believing that she wanted to eat this.

"Yeas and can you ask for extra achaar…..I am craving that" she said innocently.

"Are you pregnant?" Maan asked her and Geet sucked in a breath. What had given her away she wondered?

i love the last line ..........

well writte the character's pace is maintained very well ..........so sasha is gonna cum wid storm...........n we r gonna hav some maneet scenes b4r tht i gues...............
awaitin 4r next update.
I didn't know you are writing an maneet ff too. woww you are writing ff on almost all my fav. jodis. you are an awsome writer and it's always a treat to read your ff. loved this ff, specially 3rd part because of dadi. I like her very much and waiting for a good interaction between geet and dadi. i liked how you showed geet's morning sickness. it seems the cv's forget all about her being pregnant.
wow.. loved the way Maan had asked "Are you pregnant?"... waiting for the next part... hope its again a takkar...
he guess it so right!!!!

go Maan go!!!!😆

plzz update soon

n plzzz add me to ur pm list!!!!
Loved the last line... Hey what happened to the private investigator? Will he give the report back to Maan before Sasha comes back and create more disaster?

The show needs to show more about Geet's pregnency. She can't just keep falling off chairs and ladders and slip and trip while she is pregnent. There is a limit for artistic liberty.

Loved the part. Awaiting eagerly for the next update.
Awesome!
Loved it
N did Maan actually notice that or did he just say it casually if she was pregnant?
Coz Maan Singh Khurana is unpredictable! 😆
Thanks for the PM
Take care