ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

She is smart, sexy, sassy and she has the knack of getting in the way of bromances (buddy romances). Intrigued? Read on as Priyanka Chopra tells Filmfare about the men in her onscreen life 

Ranbir Kapoor
(Anjaana Anjaani)

Ranbir has so much talent and he is so unaware of it. He is so comfortable in his own skin and so spontaneous in front of the camera. We spent a lot of time in America shooting for Anjaana Anjaani and he is super fun. But I have to say yet again that there was a full on bromance going on between director Siddharth Anand and him and I was the hanger on. But then I am not a girlie girl. I am the 'buddy'. This happens a lot to me.

Shahid Kapoor
(Kaminey)

Shahid looks so serious, the all work no play kind. It's only when you get to know him that you realise he is one of the funniest guys around. He is always raring to go. I learnt a couple of things about dedication from him. I also learnt how to transform for a character, to give yourself up to the role completely. His sense of focus is something else. In contrast, I am like a bouncy ball on the sets. Shahid has a lot of integrity. He is a good guy. Are we dating each other, I have never commented on my personal life and I am not about to start now.

Bobby Deol
(Barsaat, Chamku, Dostana)

Bobby is a sweetheart. He is so easy to work with. He oozes positivity. I call him nazook nawab because he is so gentle and delicate.

Sunny Deol
(Hero-Love Story Of A Spy, Big Brother)

I was all of 19 when I worked with him. Again someone I was very tongue-tied around. This was Sunny Deol and I was just this new girl trying her luck in films. I would say my lines and quickly run away. Because of my fear, I never really interacted much with him personally but he was always very kind.

Akshay Kumar
(Andaaz, Aitraaz, Mujhse Shaadi Karoge, Waqt)

Some of my early films were with Akshay Kumar and I can't be grateful enough for all that he has taught me. I was such a rookie
I had no idea about camera placements and angles. He taught me the technique of acting, how to face the camera. He also taught me that professionalism is non negotiable. I'll never forget what he told me once. He said, 'It doesn't matter when you are called for the shot or when your co-stars turn up. You can't crib about your time on your set because you are paid to be there that day. It's the producer's time.' He is an amazing co-star.

Abhishek Bachchan
(Bluffmaster, Drona, Dostana)

Abhishek was the first co-actor who was around my age. I had a blast with him on the sets of Bluffmaster. He lights up any place he is in. I don't know anyone who is more fun than Abhishek. He is always joking or playing pranks. And he is amazing at what he does. We also worked together in Dostana where I felt like I was an intruder. There was a proper bromance going between John Abraham and him.

Shah Rukh Khan
(Don)

I've been a huge fan of Shah Rukh since I was a teenager. His Chamatkar was my favourite film. So it was a little surreal working with him in Don. But we go way back actually. He was on the panel of judges for Miss India when i won the title, so he was sort of responsible for kick starting my career. Then I went on the world tour with him. I can never be on backslapping terms with him. I am tongue-tied around him and have trouble calling him by his name sometimes.😳 But he is really so very good to me. He is so kind. Once during Don I was so awestruck while he said his lines that I forgot my cue. I respect him. We have similar backgrounds too. We both came from non-film background so in that sense we are self made.

John Abraham
(Karam, Dostana)

John has a very innocent air about him but actually he is the most shaana guy I've ever met. Also very good looking and funny. John is a genuinely nice guy. He has this straight-faced humour that constantly has me in splits. On the sets of Dostana though, I was the odd one out. These boys used to hit the gym together, go for shopping sprees, they did everything together. They kinda forgot about me.

Salman Khan
(Mujhse Shaadi Karoge, Salaam-e-Ishq, God Tussi Great Ho)

Again, Salman is someone with whom
I worked very early on in my career. I was petrified of him but he was really nice to me. He took me under his wing. He understood I was young, unsure and in awe of everything around me. He has given me advice I will never forget. He told me to stand by my values no matter what. Stand by the people who have helped you grow and don't forget your beginnings or the people who stood by you when you were a nobody. He taught me that integrity is something on which you can't compromise. 😳 Do we have a problem with each other? I'm afraid you will have to ask him that because I look up to him immensely.

Uday Chopra
(Pyaar Impossible)

Uday is one of the nicest people ever. I didn't expect to get along with him so well. Now we are the closest of friends. He is really a 4 am friend. He makes amazing conversation and has a great sense of humour.

Harman Baweja
(Love Story 2050, What's Your Raashee)

Harman and I knew each other long before I got into movies. I go to Harman for advice as he is a filmi bachha and knows a lot about how this place works. We have literally grown up together. He is a very supportive friend and co-star and I am regularly in touch with him.

Hrithik Roshan
(Krrish)

I shot with Hrithik for Krrish during one of the toughest phases of my life. My dad was unwell and was hospitalised for his cancer treatment. Duggu and I are good friends. We can talk about anything under the sun. Again, another guy who taught me a lot about transforming into the character. When Hrithik performs, you just want to watch. That also happens with SRK and Shahid. 

Riteish Deshmukh
(Bluffmaster)

Riteish is insane. He is the funniest guy I have ever met. He was born to be in the movies, he is such an entertainer. He has a heart of gold. Again I know I sound like a stuck record but Abhishek and he were inseparable on the sets of Bluffmaster. What's with me and bromances?

Amitabh Bachchan
(Waqt)

I haven't had the privilege of working with Mr Bachchan after Waqt but what do I say about the man? He walks into a room and you can't help but be transfixed. He is invincible. And yet so humble and charming. He always says the right thing at the right time.

Edited by Sallufanno1 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
She is so sweet! love her!
ISano thumbnail
yeha she has so good things to tell about them all..

i specially luv the salman khan and srk ones
SriDevi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
i was watching luck by chance and in that film the advice that SRK gives to Farhans character is the same that Salman has given to PC in real life. I think these two Khans are on the same wavelength - ab to dost ban jao! lol

also PC had a problem with salman or vice versa? whats this?somebody enlighten me please...

pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
so sweet of her, liked the interview
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: RidziMaan

i was watching luck by chance and in that film the advice that SRK gives to Farhans character is the same that Salman has given to PC in real life. I think these two Khans are on the same wavelength - ab to dost ban jao! lol

also PC had a problem with salman or vice versa? whats this?somebody enlighten me please...

thr was a rumor abt t while duin Mujse Shadi Karogi but they i think sorted t out during Salaam-e-Ishq..

ISano thumbnail

no it was actually during salaam.e.ishq where katrina used to visit salman khan on the set which pc said was sweet
but the media wrote that pc was not happy or soemthign like that which salman khan learns and was angry with her

i think it was in the middle of salaam-e-ishq coz on the set of SEI titlesong thye both was laughing while looking at eachother speically where salman khan have to go down on his knees he didnt do it right u cna hear PC saying something and both start laughing and 2nd time again salman khan did it wrong this he begun to laugh 1st

u cna wtach the making of it on youtube..

but its sort out but if it is why r they not following eachotehr on twitter.. hmm

Originally posted by: princessunara

thr was a rumor abt t while duin Mujse Shadi Karogi but they i think sorted t out during Salaam-e-Ishq..

Edited by Sallufanno1 - 13 years ago
WildestDreams thumbnail
nice interview...thanks for sharing with us

Priyanka n Duggu is a jodi that I'm missing..hope they do another film :)
ladygaga thumbnail
Loved what she said about Srk!
waterlily_126 thumbnail
i love what she had said about salman :)

thank u saneela.. the article brought a smile to my face :)