Posted: 13 years ago
Watched Raavan.
I posted this in the Raavan topic but will post here too since its the movies thread.
I watched it yesterday.
Good movie?...YESH. Very.
But was it Disappointing?...YESH.

First of all let me just say, GREAT LOCATIONS! Ohmygoshh..i was blown away. I loved it! :))

I was excited about it but was disappointed after watching the movie. Over hyped. So excited for Mani's film but kinda felt let down. I enjoyed the movie. Ash, Abhi,Vikram, Govinda, Priyamani, and others as well..they were great. And I even loved the story or whatever but it could have been a lot better. But, The movie is thrilling..there is so much tension and it keeps you thinking!..The title Raavan suits it so well! Hats off to Abhi for the acting...the madness that he show is fantastic. Very good. The movie has great power...i liked it. enjoyed it. There is no over acting, or something over done. Its all simple and i loved it. Yeah, true that the story isnt anything new and could have been better but its a good movie. On the whole...a great one(:
BUT...
The first half of the movie is crap...simple as that. Not in storyline but the way its put together. Was so very disappointing and hard to focus on...the movie was cut or edited or put together or whatever u wanna call it...so bad! HORRIBLE. It was hard to tell what was going on at some point...there were too many scene changes, jumping from one to the other so quick. There was no time to think!...and it was bad. Bad cut. Did they edit the movie in a day or something?! That's very disappointing.
And the pace of the movie isn't very fast or slow so that's good ...but the editing is horrible! I was sitting there think what the heck!! At times you just wonder where the movie is heading and u wait for it to end. And cuz of all the bad cuts and things not making sense at times...people were falling asleep!!!!...everyone around me was sleeping or ready leave or talking or something! LOL! So at that, a big disappointment.

But ya see...i say that the first half was edited badly. But at least it had a pace, and was going...the second half kinda slows down. The second half is where i thought it would pick up and be so gripping but even though the the first half was edited badly i liked it way better than the second half. At least it had a great pace. The movie didn't get better as it went until the ending...which i loved. The ending was FAB to me. A great one.
This might not be Mani's best work till date but...this movie on the whole is a good one. Worth a watch.

By the way...great songs!:))...And the romantic number where Ash is dancing while Vikram is eating, cooking, drinking, sleeping, etc...and all she does is dance, dance, dance, more dance...it was pretty funny. We were cracking up:D

And i realize that this too long soo...last thing😆....THE ENDING IS FAB!! And...the acting is FAB.😉Abhi has done such a fantastic job! My fav from the movie for sureee. Great great great job! Star of the movie for me.
...And ash, vikram, priyamani and govinda follow.

On the whole...good movie.
7.5/10(:
I watched Dil Bole Hadippa (ya..finally got the chance to watch it..lol)

Shahid and Rani's acting was good in some scenes but I was expecting much much more stronger performance from them (esp. Rani). 
The story was just ok and the songs were put in here and there.  The movie could have done better without the songs (like Chak De India).

3/5
Rajneeti.

Deff Worth a watch, though some parts made little sense but I guess that's poor editing.

Nana Patekar was exceptional!! I felt like his arrogance is somewhat justified. Arjun surprised me too...and here I was wondering why they even cast him in the film.

Katrina gave us nothing new from her here and her hindi is still awful. Ranbir was ok but he lacks any sort of chemistry with Katrina and Sarah, those parts made me cringe majorly.

Overall, from someone that really didn't like any of P Jha's previous films, I'd say this was the most interesting.
I saw Badmash Company....liked it...loved Shahid, Anushka was ok the story was good but it could have been better
caught up wid rajneeti yesterday.......d way it was depicted as a modern mahabharat izz commendable but i felt there were way too many intimate scenes...defoo not a family watch!!!....i was watching it wid dad...n he got up n went during one such scene...i was highly embarrassed!!........
acting wise...ranbir has defoo stood out n the whole katrina de-glam thing cudn't live up 2 d hype.....definitely one of the better movies of the year but hopefully not the best...waiting 4 IHLS!!!😊
Omkara ( a little bit late) 😊

The story was overall ok. Not amazing! A little bit confusing.

But the acting by Kareena, Konkona and Saif was amazing. Powerpack acting. 👍🏼

i ve just seen sawariyaaa😳
Just saw Swades - Definately one of my favourites movies. I loved it to bits. SRK was amazing definately one of his best performances, Gayatri was brilliant. The musics catchy as well. Definately worth a watch for those who haven't seen it.
saw i hate luv storys. it was nice and entertaintaining. laughed a lot!!!
just watched Masti - crazy film..definitely a one time watch...