Anyone else dissatisfied with the love story? - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Maybe it is because I read the first book in a haste but I thought that Stefan and Elena didn't get a proper build-up in the books either.
 I agree that SE didn't get a good start in the show but I think if you keep the lack of build up aside, they are adorable and kind of epic.  I love their interactions and their cute little love scenes. 😳
I agree that their story was rushed but their is something
about Stelena's cemistry and the waythey are around each other
 that makes me go gaga haha
though iam not complaing about Damon! That guy is a
COMPLETE hottie
your right, stefan and elena have no like bam effect lol
Originally posted by dhruvi.

Tell me about it. SE in the books are EPIC to say the least. In the show it seems they pulled a Twilight angle in. SE become another EB and sadly it doesn't make me happy as a shipper. Because this triangle is uneven now. DE get this buildup-- so when comparing the two, people will lean towards DE. Because Elena's love for Stefan will seem almost weird in a sense and people will question that rather than her love for Damon which will be built slowly...

For me DE angle is better in Elena's side, IMO. The whole Isobel coming in and saying Damon is in love with her, that was meh for me. Not because I root for DB. It's just, HE CARES FOR HER, not love her, love her. So why did he give her a Romeo look to her?! The change in him is too fast. It's like the build up is there but at the same time they want this triangle to be full blast.

You've stolen the word right out of my mouth πŸ˜†... Even though I love both SE & DE I think SE's relationship/attraction was way too fast... I'd have liked it to have been more gradual...

I like Stefan and Elena's relationship. Sure, the book SE were better but the show has a different twist that makes SE's relationship seem unique. I don't think it's like Twilight because EB don't share that understanding, it was just like "Im in love with Edward Cullen" sort of thing but for SE, it was different. And as DE, i agree that they were given a better relationship builder plot or whatever but thats because the characters are sort of diff and so they have to change the plotline to make it seem perfect for the chracters. And it was so obvious that Damon was in love with Elena even before Isobel pointed it out. The roadtrip seriously changed everything for them.

Love,
~Jot~
I feel like a complete idiot because I missed this post.
Firstllyyy. I think I would have loved Stelena more, if they didn't force the "epicness" bit so much. LIkeee. "we met and it was epic" I know thats a line from the book, but most real epic couples take a little more time than that...and love...takes more time than it took for them.
However, I have been told in the books...it was not so rushed. However..speaking as for the show. I completely agree with Tomiko. .

P.S. I know this is super late and not at all insightful, but ROFL. I still had to comment.
ya they like got together after like what 1 epi lmao!
and now they act like old married couple, there is cute and there is cheesy...this is why i'm looking forward to bonnie damon, cuz i loveeeeee love/hate relationships toxic lmao
I was thinking the same thing in season one, its like just because you elena and your stefan, they should instantly be together, without a build. That kinda sucked for me. :(

Another thing is, SE relationship is getting kinda boring, elena is a teenager, and we dont see any fun around the couple at all, whenever theyre talking to each other, its always just abt he vamp probs, or Damon, something like that. They Rarely smile around each other. :S

Maybe thats why i like Stef better with Kat or Care, atleast he;s smirking or laughing, or talking...lolz :P
Originally posted by *payal_15*

I was thinking the same thing in season one, its like just because you elena and your stefan, they should instantly be together, without a build. That kinda sucked for me. :(

Another thing is, SE relationship is getting kinda boring, elena is a teenager, and we dont see any fun around the couple at all, whenever theyre talking to each other, its always just abt he vamp probs, or Damon, something like that. They Rarely smile around each other. :S

Maybe thats why i like Stef better with Kat or Care, atleast he;s smirking or laughing, or talking...lolz :P

agreed payal
haha there convo's are always about damonπŸ˜†

well!! i like damon n i like DE chemistry as well!! bt to b honest i luv SE!! i havedt red TVD bt i hav heard dat SE r juss magical n mstill waiting for dat magic to come up!! n apart frm dati rellylyk stefanz character!!! πŸ˜› so i wanna seehim smiling dat he hardly does!! πŸ˜†