Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

-Illusion-

IF-Rockerz

-Illusion-

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 8:25am | IP Logged

Wanted: Serials for the youth!

Soaps, weekend special serials, films, reality shows and lots more. Channels are competing with each other like never before.

But amidst all the smiles and tears (we mean the saas, bahu, beti soaps), there's hardly anything for the young viewer. Gone are the days when Hip Hip Hurray, Sunn Yaar Chill Maar, Dil Se Dosti and many other shows had a huge fan following among youngsters.

Actor Arjun Bijlani, who is part of Miley Jab Hum Tum, one of the very few youth-based serials, says, "Shows for youngsters are limited because there are not many takers for these programmes. And family- oriented soaps are getting high TRPs. So at the end of the day it is all about business. Being a youngster myself, I prefer watching shows like Friends, music-based reality shows, films et al and not family oriented soaps." On the other hand, actor Rajiv Paul has a different take on this. "There are a couple of channels catering to young audiences between the age group of 18-25 years. So if the GECs do not produce youth-based shows, I think it's fine." There are mixed reactions from actors in the telly industry. While some feel there's a dearth of such shows, others say reality shows do cater to the needs of the young viewers.

Nikhil Gandhi, programming head of a channel focusing on the age group between 18 and 25 years, says, "GECs are catering to women and family audiences. They are also focusing on rural areas and small towns. They don't produce soaps for youngsters because it will not click with them. As per the TRP studies, youngsters are fond of reality shows and that speaks about their popularity."

It's all about TRPs after all. Producer Amrit Sagar says, "The youngsters in metros prefer watching globally recognised shows and channels. There are a couple of shows that are targeted for rural and small town girls and guys who dream of making it big in cities. That apart, various formats of reality shows strike a chord with youngsters."

Ask Niyati Shah, a collegian about her TV viewing habits and she says, "There was a time when the daily soaps were good, but now they have become boring and repetitive. I only like to watch new reality shows like Fear Factor, Roadies, Lovenet and Emotional Atyachaar. These are the only shows that make some sense to me and I love discussing them with my friends."

LINK:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Wanted-Serials-for-the-youth/articleshow/6037306.cms

modz can cloze dis if........

The following 30 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetsim2kul4ucool_shwetsBronze.anju011shivangi278maloo19FanOfMAYURsweetgalFatsMystiqueVrindzkirti123rads14gopi06ChasingLibertytheaneesha1992BeetMaria.afshanafreentalkativetaurusstuti123naz17555aj_observer-SupriyaluvsMN-.PINK.Sunshine GirlPureBlissPayal-15Badtameez_DilNikki_Titli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Wanted: Serials for the youth!-AB ARTICLE" in Miley Jab Hum Tum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 8:29am | IP Logged
agree...we do need soaps for the youth...what will we watch...saas bahu drama!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shivangi278-Illusion-talkativetaurusPureBliss.PINK.Nikki_Titli

sweetgalFats

IF-Dazzler

sweetgalFats

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Thanks Naina Dii!!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Illusion-.PINK.

Nikki_Titli

IF-Addictz

Nikki_Titli

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 10:03am | IP Logged
thnxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a ton Naina......HugHugHugHugHugHugHug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Illusion-.PINK.

Mariam Mahmood

IF-Rockerz

Mariam Mahmood

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 10:07am | IP Logged
thx for sharing:D:D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Illusion-

reema_arti

IF-Rockerz

reema_arti

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 10:10am | IP Logged
thnxx for the article...

-Illusion-

stuti123

IF-Sizzlerz

stuti123

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 10:12am | IP Logged
thanx alot dear for sharing it ............i fully agree with Arjun .........

-Illusion-

samratrocks

IF-Sizzlerz

samratrocks

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 10:44am | IP Logged
thnks a ton for da article... v need youth based shows now!

-Illusion-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top