South Africa
England
Argentina
Spain
Italy
Others
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
This is the Third time Holland has lost in the Finals.
Spain has never reached the finals before and have proven themselves.

Young Mueller has a great future. He plays for Bayern Munich and I am sure his price tag will shoot up.
 👏👏👏

Germany - Mueller celebrates double award

Jul 12, 2010

Jose Mourinho

Germany's midfielder Thomas Mueller kicks the ball during the 2010 World Cup third place football match between Uruguay and Germany on July 10, 2010 at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. - AFP PHOTO / JOHN MACDOUGALL

Thomas Mueller was given two reasons to celebrate on Sunday after the German starlet was named Young Player of the World Cup and picked up the Golden Boot for the tournament's top scorer.

The 20-year-old Bayern Munich forward finished the tournament with five goals, the same number as Uruguay's Diego Forlan, Wesley Sneijder of the Netherlands and Spain's David Villa.

He was awarded the Golden Boot because he had supplied three assists, which was more than any of his rivals.

Mueller was elected the tournament's outstanding young player by FIFA's Technical Study Group, beating off competition from Ghana winger Andre Ayew and Mexican

Man of the Match

Andres Iniesta of Spain who scored the winning goal
Rooney described him as the World's Best Player
He plays mid-field for Barcelona

Congratz to Spain....👏

Suna hey...the real octopus died laughing ystrday whn someone asked if India will evr play in world cup ..😉😆
Originally posted by Believe

Congratz to Spain....👏

Suna hey...the real octopus died laughing ystrday whn someone asked if India will evr play in world cup ..😉😆

I think this event has raised the price of octopuses.
Japanese are very fond of eating it and call it "tako"

But if an Octopus can tell the future, then they must think that men are the dumbest animals
Originally posted by Summer3

Young Mueller has a great future. He plays for Bayern Munich and I am sure his price tag will shoot up.
 👏👏👏

Germany - Mueller celebrates double award

Jul 12, 2010

Jose Mourinho

Germany's midfielder Thomas Mueller kicks the ball during the 2010 World Cup third place football match between Uruguay and Germany on July 10, 2010 at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. - AFP PHOTO / JOHN MACDOUGALL

Thomas Mueller was given two reasons to celebrate on Sunday after the German starlet was named Young Player of the World Cup and picked up the Golden Boot for the tournament's top scorer.

The 20-year-old Bayern Munich forward finished the tournament with five goals, the same number as Uruguay's Diego Forlan, Wesley Sneijder of the Netherlands and Spain's David Villa.

He was awarded the Golden Boot because he had supplied three assists, which was more than any of his rivals.

Mueller was elected the tournament's outstanding young player by FIFA's Technical Study Group, beating off competition from Ghana winger Andre Ayew and Mexican

viva l'allemagne.. Germany is the best... spain didnt deserve to win based on their world cup performance but deserved for how they have been playing for last two years.. so good.. now holland should win it once
Originally posted by Summer3

I think this event has raised the price of octopuses.
Japanese are very fond of eating it and call it "tako"

But if an Octopus can tell the future, then they must think that men are the dumbest animals
i dont eat mean octopusses.who are traitors as well. i would just hang it out in the sun for ever....😆
Originally posted by qwertyesque

i dont eat mean octopusses.who are traitors as well. i would just hang it out in the sun for ever....😆
Hope you did not mix up with Jelly Fish, the cousins.😆

Speaking of Sportmanship, Holland was a disgrace it seems.

Page last updated at 17:11 GMT, Monday, 12 July 2010 18:11 UK

World Cup 2010: Dutch tactics upset Johan Cruyff

Nigel De Jong lunges at Xabi Alonso

De Jong sees yellow for 'Kung-Fu' tackle

Dutch football legend Johan Cruyff has launched a scathing attack on Netherlands' display in the World Cup final, deriding it as "anti-football".

The Dutch received nine yellow cards, and a red card for Johnny Heitinga, as they lost 1-0 to Spain in South Africa.

"Sadly, they played very dirty," Cruyff told Spanish newspaper El Periodico.

"This ugly, vulgar, hard, hermetic, hardly eye-catching, hardly football style... If with this they got satisfaction, fine, but they lost."

Cruyff was the symbol of 'Total Football', which earned the Dutch successive World Cup final appearances in 1974 and 1978.

Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk appeared to opt for pragmatism over style as he led the Oranje to a third final in South Africa, but the result was the same, as Andres Iniesta scored an extra-time winner for Spain.

PAUL FLETCHER BLOG

But Sunday's game was also notable for Netherlands' surprisingly aggressive approach.

Cruyff, along with many others, believed Mark van Bommel and Nigel de Jong were lucky not to be sent off before half-time, Van Bommel for a tackle from behind on Iniesta and De Jong for kicking Xabi Alonso in the chest.

"They should have been down to nine immediately, then they made two [such] ugly and hard tackles that even I felt the damage," said the 63-year-old Cruyff.

"It hurts me that Holland chose an ugly path to aim for the title."

Cruyff brought his footballing philosophy to Barcelona in an eight-year spell as manager, and he is widely credited with the one-touch passing style still employed by the Catalan club, who provided the backbone of Spain's World Cup-winning squad.

However, in the Champions League semi-final last season, Pep Guardiola's side were upset by a defence-minded Inter Milan, coached by Jose Mourinho - a fact not lost on Cruyff.

"On Thursday they asked me from Holland 'Can we play like Inter? Can we stop Spain in the same way Mourinho eliminated Barca?'

"I said no, no way at all. I said no, not because I hate this style, I said no because I thought that my country wouldn't dare to and would never renounce their style. I said no because, without having great players like those of the past, the team has its own style.

"I was wrong. Of course I'm not hanging all 11 of them by the same rope, but almost. They didn't want the ball."

Cruyff also joined in the criticism of English referee Howard Webb, accusing him of being too soft with the players.

"A World Cup final deserves great refereeing and, above all, deserves a referee who dares to do everything it means to be a judge," he said.

Iker Casillas lifts the World Cup for Spain

Highlights - Netherlands 0-1 Spain