Debate Mansion

Stem Cells and Medicine

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 30 November 2005 at 6:48pm | IP Logged

Stem cell research has generated wuite a furore in recent times. There are several people who are against the very idea of using stem cells for medical therapy. Some are against using embryonic stem cells. Why say NO, after all medicine is where it is today because of research that seemed far fethced in the past.

And I like to quote, I quote Robert BRowning-

"Ah- but a man's reach should exceed his grasp- Or, What's heaven for?"

Is the NO to stem cell research based on faith, is it based on fear or is it a little bith of both?

If you are for it then why?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Stem Cells and Medicine" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sameer.84

IF-Sizzlerz

sameer.84

Posted: 30 November 2005 at 8:37pm | IP Logged

the stem cell research is a very delicate matter. human cells will be used and experiments will be done on them. wonder what will be done to those innocent human lives when their trials will fail ( success chances would be less!!).......thrown into dustbins, buried??????

thats why religion is against it and i too is against it until scientists give assurance that everything will go well.

ironical, so much worry for animals but for humans.....

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 30 November 2005 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
(Please do not take my views personally, These are strictly my opinions for the pruposes of a .healthydebate only)

Stem cells can do wonders for people that are already alive- That in my mind is worth the attempt.

Of course a lot of research as other efforts go futile, what doesn't. Without failure there is no success, this is especially true in science and maybe in life too.

Every person that has taken an aspirin (or any drug) has indirectly used another human being. Every drug and every medical therapy in today's market is available only after human clinical research. And the number of animals we have sacrificed for medicine one cannot begin to even compare the two. Hundreds of animals are sacrificed everyday for research purposes.

One doesnt care about children already living and dying of hunger and of war, but when science requests for a claim to an aborted feutus there is an uproar in the name of religion.

Why abort science in the name of religion? Science has given more than taken if one looks at the statistics and history.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top