Page 2 Page 3

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 6:29pm | IP Logged

Valentines Day Party Games

Hi Friends,

Just wanted to share a few valentines day party games idea in case you are going to party that day with your friends. Some of the ideas are really cool and so much fun. These games are for all age groups.

Please do NOT post just "thank you". If you have any ideas on how you would be enjoying (or would love to enjoy) that day we are all interested in knowing.

In the meanwhile I am planning to a make a nice game for that day for India Forum and I hope you all will like it so please do not forget to visit us on that day too as someone might be waiting for you here. Anyways its just a fun thing so do not take it all too seriously.

And please do not forget to share your experiences with us the next day. If you are going out with your boyfriend/galfriend you can share your idea

I wish you all the very best for that day and enjoy it to the fullest.

Cheers,
Vijay

P.S.: Please feel free to share these ideas with your friends, family and associates using the "Refer this site to a Friend" form.

Valentines Day Party Games

Heart Tic-Tac-Toe

*Especially good for literature, science, and history (subjects which don't always lend themselves to games)
Cut out nine pink hearts and nine red ones. Laminate if desired, for durability. Compile list of review questions.

Draw a tic-tac-toe grid on board. Divide guests into teams. Call on one guest at a time, alternating teams. Ask review questions in order. If student answers correctly, s/he may place a heart on the board. The first team to get three hearts in a row wins.

Candy Heart Bingo

Making the game:
Make your own bingo cards by using construction paper and making a grid five spaces tall by five spaces wide. Draw a heart on the center space and title it the Free Space. Open a bag of candy hearts and use the saying on the hearts to fill in the spaces on your bingo boards. Be careful not to make a board the same as any of the other boards. After using a saying, place it in a large bowl to be used by the bingo caller.

Playing the game:
Give out a board and cinnamon hearts to each player. The player uses the cinnamon hearts to mark the spaces that have been called. The caller picks out a heart and announces the saying, the player then marks the spot with the saying, if they have it. When a player has five in a row ~ up, across or diagonal, they yell 'BINGO'! And they win a prize ~ candy is a good prize for this game.

Candy Heart Jar
A simple varietion of a guessing game that is always a hit! Fill a jar with candy hearts(doesn't matter which kind), and have guests guess how many hearts are in the jar. The person who comes close without going over is the winner and wins the jar of candy.

Roses are Red... Board
Use one large white poster board and title it "Roses are red, Violets are blue..." at the top center. Cut one large heart out of construction paper and glue to the bottom corner of the poster board so that it forms a pocket to hold markers, smaller hearts and scotch tape. Cut smaller hearts out of construction paper ~ these should be big enough so that you can write a line or two on them. Place these in the larger heart pocket. When guests arrive tell them to take a heart and finish the next two lines of the poem. Then they stick their heart to the board with scotch tape. Try and fill the board with original and funny ideas for this very old love poem.

Broken Hearts
Cut large hearts out of red construction paper. Cut hearts in half, using a zig-zag or other shapes, making each one unique. You should have enough half hearts so that each person at the party gets one. As your guest arrive hand them one of the half hearts and tell them to find their match by finding the other half.

Famous Couples
Write names of famous couples on mailing labels. When you're guests arrive place one label on their back. They need to guess who the famous couple is by asking yes or no questions to other people at the party. They may not ask the same person more than one question. This is a great ice breaker.

Valentine Hunt

This is like an Easter egg hunt but with Valentine cards or hearts. You'll need a bunch of Valentine's Day cards with envelopes or cut out a bunch of hearts out of construction paper, you'll need about 2-4 per person. If you use cards with envelopes you may want to draw a red heart on each one to identify it as a card used in the game. Now take all the cards or hearts and take about 1/3 rd or 1/4 th of them and set them aside. On the other cards and hearts write Valentine wishes like Be My Valentine, You're So Sweet, Keep Searching for Valentines!, simple but fun. On the Valentines you set aside, number the back of the cards or hearts from 1 to however many hearts you have. Each number will correspond with eight small prize at your party. So if you have 8 hearts you'll have eight gifts.

Now before the party you'll need to hide the cards or heart in a room or rooms. Then during the party you can have the kids search for them.

Note: Just in case someone doesn't come back with a winning heart or card (there should be one prize per guest - at a minimum) have a few extra prizes. It's easy to say, I guess that I hide the last one a liitle harder than all the rest, and then give those kids a small prize. Then everyone goes home happy.

Broken Hearts

Cut 6" heart shapes out of poster board or heavy paper. Write antonym on both halves of heart (i.e. in/out; up/down; good/bad; dark/light; hot/cold; day/night; large/small; wet/dry; left/right; etc.). Cut hearts in half. Laminate halves if possible.  Place heart halves on table face down. Everyone must match halves to mend the broken hearts.

Variations: Use clock face/digital time, consonant/picture of word beginning with sound, color/color word, digit/number of items, upper case/lower case letters, synonyms, homonyms, etc. in place of antonyms.

Word Jumble
Unscramble the following words:

teahr

dcuip

elvo

acdny

ssroe

inedrf

pypah

racd

gfit

aowrr

I know you all know the answers LOL. You can add more lovey-dovey words to the list.

Edited by vijay - 06 February 2005 at 5:07pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Valentines Day Party Games" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sana_usa

sana_usa

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
Smilegreat i will be going to a valentines dance or just stay in home and study coz feb 14 is monday and i have alot of college work to do!!!!!! it depneds on my mood wat i  will do i think 50% cheance is going to the dance!!

mango

IF-Veteran Member

mango

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
i will be staying home on valentine's dayCry

Safiyah

Safiyah

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
Valentine's day....I'm going out with Kabir to a Valentine's party. Our parents are cuming too. But then after dinner we r going for a drive.....there'z a surprise that I heard from my mom but I still have to find that out. I'll tell u about it on 15th. My all valentines were special...let's see what happ. this time.     

Edited by Safiyah - 09 February 2005 at 8:12pm

rabeeak2003

IF-Dazzler

rabeeak2003

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 8:50pm | IP Logged

I am soo not going to a VD party. Not allowed to. It is my cuz's Birthday and school is going to be off because of Abraham Lincoln's B-Day too. SO my cuz, he is going to turn 1 and we are going to have a party for him. I am going to decorate the house with all red and pink heart shaped balloons(it is an awesome idea for a BOYLOL) and his sisters are going to be playing the TIC TAC TOE game, your idea vijay, so it is going to be a busy day. But I am still going to be here. Wink

Here's my idea for VD:

This is going to take place in upcoming Friday.

Since everyone in my school LOVES hershey's kisses(chocolate candy), I am going to pass them out. I am going to take a couple bags of the Kisses and pass them out to random people.

So...

In your party you can have a huge platter filled with Hershey's Kisses and Hugs.Wink

Edited by rabeeak2003 - 05 February 2005 at 8:59pm

_Anonymous_

IF-Dazzler

_Anonymous_

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
This is great and all...but arent there any games we can play online...here

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 10:13pm | IP Logged

Hi Naina,

We are soon coming up with a nice game "Mujhse Dosti Karoge" and I hope I will be able to complete the coding by today and I am sure you all will like it Tongue. Will write more about this game soon. If you have any nice idea which you think we can have please feel free to share with us.

Cheers,
Vijay

Edited by vijay - 08 February 2005 at 8:10pm

Indiabook

Indiabook

Posted: 06 February 2005 at 4:03am | IP Logged
Well lots of idea for the VD.But everything should be done in a good way.As for me I am working as usual

Post Reply New Post

Go to top