Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

What's the filmi connect?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

missamazing

missamazing

Posted: 08 June 2010 at 4:41pm | IP Logged

Hey i found this article - includes geet and  some words spoken by gurmeet C...

While watching your favourite TV show if you get a sense of dj vu, do not be alarmed. Chances are you have seen the story before. Call it lack of ideas, or a clear case of inspiration, soap producers today are increasingly turning towards films to take their storyline forward.

A look at a number of primetime and popular shows will prove that Hindi films are a popular source of ideas for tellyland. If Do Saheliyaan ... Kismat Ki Kathputliyan has shades of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, then Jaani Pehchaani Si Yeh Ajnabi has brought in the Bhool Bhulaiyaa track to spice things up a bit. The lead actors of Dill Mill Gaye, Karan Wahi and Karan Singh Grover, did the Dostana act, a la Abhishek and John, in the show, while the new serial Geet Hui Sabse Parayi, has taken to Pardes for inspiration. The show Chhoti Bahu incorporated the track from the movie Vivaah in the Dev and Radhika wedding sequence, where Radhika suffers burns like Amrita Rao on her wedding day. Shows like Do Hanso Ka Joda has taken their inspiration from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi to a new level with even the poster and get-up of the lead characters Shaleen Bhanot and Shubhangi Atre resembling that of SRK and Anushka in the film. Shubhangi however claims that the resemblance is anything but co-incidental. "Most TV shows do take inspiration from films. But direct copying rarely happens. In the case of Do Hanso Ka Joda, I don't think it's copied from Rab Ne... It's a sheer co-incidence that the characters look similar.
"
However Ratna Sinha, producer of Do Saheliyaan ... is more forthright when it comes to admitting the filmi connect in her show. "There was a bit of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam in Do Saheliyaan ... Most shows do use film tracks as a head-start. Later, they develop the content into a proper storyline and it runs into many episodes," explains Ratna. So does the audience take to 'inspired storylines'? "Absolutely," says Gurmeet Choudhury who plays the lead in Geet... "Sequences inspired by films are definitely welcome by the audience. A movie ends in two and a half or three hours but in a show the storyline unfolds gradually, hence the audiences like it," says Gurmeet. "When we can have item numbers and filmi tracks as the background score in shows, then why not storylines?' asks Shubhangi.

Though the popularity of these shows prove that the audience love a movie connect, industry watchers believe that stretching the filmi storyline too much could also spell doom for the show. "At the end of the day, originality in content is what matters the most. We can start with an idea, but in the longer run it depends on how we take it forward without losing focus and bringing the track to a logical conclusion," says Ratna Sinha.

So if you missed out on your favourite movie, don't fret, coz the small screen now gives you the big picture in a longer package.

Miss Amazing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

adits7

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What's the filmi connect?" in Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

crazee4maan

crazee4maan

Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:12am | IP Logged
thanks! interesting..i never really looked at it with the angle of Pardes, hmmmm yeah...kinda..but then again in pardes, SRK actually liked Mahima (i forgot the character names for both LOL, its been a long time HAHA) but yah, i guess it does have shades of Pardes..but this new track does remind me of other shows, like Kajjal or even Jaane Pechane Sey Yeh Ajnabi..with the whole Boss and Employee track..so yeah...but of course each had a different angle to it..but in the end, im just loving Maneet!! <333333 especially MAANNNNN AHAH

sweet_chilly

IF-Rockerz

sweet_chilly

Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:26am | IP Logged
you know the first time i saw the promo of geet..i thought it's similar to pardes..with maan being bro to the bad guy n all...but geet..is nowhere similar to pardes except the NRI munda n punjab di kudi..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DoJin

missamazing

missamazing

Posted: 09 June 2010 at 4:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazee4maan

thanks! interesting..i never really looked at it with the angle of Pardes, hmmmm yeah...kinda..but then again in pardes, SRK actually liked Mahima (i forgot the character names for both LOL, its been a long time HAHA) but yah, i guess it does have shades of Pardes..but this new track does remind me of other shows, like Kajjal or even Jaane Pechane Sey Yeh Ajnabi..with the whole Boss and Employee track..so yeah...but of course each had a different angle to it..but in the end, im just loving Maneet!! <333333 especially MAANNNNN AHAH

yeh i agree Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top