Nausheen NOT COMING BACK

Nisha82 Senior Member
Nisha82
Nisha82

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 4:23pm | IP Logged

i just read this on the internet...

'Poor publicity has throttled 'Kalcchakra'
- Nausheen

Did Nausheen Ali Sardar do the right thing by quitting Sony's Kkusum?
Star Plus' Kalcchakra has fallen flat on its face. In an interview with Vickey Lalwani, the pretty lass bares her heart...

So, you have signed your second film...
How did you know that! Yes, I have. It's titled Do Dilon Ke Khel Mein. It goes on the floors next month. I am paired opposite the lead guy Rohit who acted in Choot. Dharmendra and Rati Agnihotri will also be a part of the film. It's a love-n-hate relationship between the hero and heroine. It's a situational comedy.

So next month you'll be with 'DDKKM'. How will you manage your
'Kalcchakra' shoots?
Yeah. Plus, I am going abroad for some time on a musical show organised by the Tanejas. I am working overtime and we are building a bank. So that shouldn't be a problem.

'Kalcchakra' is a disaster. Agree?
I think it's a good show. But there are three reasons why it hasn't clicked well enough. One, the time slot is wrong. On a Friday night at 10.30, people want to either go see a film or spend time with their friends. Two, the Karan Johar show on Star World is eating into the audience. Three, Star Plus did no publicity on the show.

Why do you think that Star Plus didn't do any publicity?
I don't know.

Ekta wants you back in 'Kkusum'. Right or wrong?
Yes. But I don't intend going back.

Why?
Arre, that would be like going back to square one. I am still firm on the fact that I don't want to play mother to a girl who looks more mature than me. Why should I do a thing which does not satisfy my soul?

You are getting more money in Star Plus than what you used to get for the Sony show.
(Interrupts) Money has not been the criterion with me ever. That way, I was recently offered another show on some other channel where I was getting even more than I am getting now. But I didn't jump the gun. I will stay with Kalcchakra till its logical conclusion.

How are you looking towards films? I mean, we all know that Bollywood is famous for the casting couch, etc?
I will not do any kissing or intimate scenes. I was recently offered a film by a good banner. The role was similar to Priyanka Chopra's role in Aitraaz. I refused. I will never compromise on the casting couch. On my own ability I have managed to sign two films so far.

Suppose you get more films in the next few months. How are you going to keep your hands in two pies?
I am looking at the next three months before I take a call on
perceiving where I am headed for. If more films don't happen by then, I may do a daily show on the tube.

Where is your personal relationship with Vikaas Kalantri headed for?
We are very much together.

That doesn't answer my question, does it?
(Laughs) Yes, I want to marry him. But the wedding will have to wait for at least two years.

Does Vikaas panic when you go for outdoor shoots?
Earlier he used to. But he's got used to it. One of my family members- either my sister or brother- always accompanies me.

Edited by Nisha82 - 05 February 2005 at 4:24pm

kdmh Senior Member
kdmh
kdmh

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 4:26pm | IP Logged

Broken Heart 

mango Global Moderator
mango
mango

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Broken HeartCry

• Page 1 of 1