Debate Mansion

Why some women wear short/revealing cloth? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 13

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 6:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Dang, girl, you golddigger!! LOL
is it bad to be one.. its one of the entrepreneurial abilities... LOL... trapping a guy could be a project which could be veri creative...LOL

I'm guessing the project involves a mini skirt? LOL
mini skirt is part of the power point..presentation.... LOL 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why some women wear short/revealing cloth? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 6:16pm | IP Logged

that would lead to next question why do you want to be sexy.
The simplest answer which people give is because I want to..last I heard we are still born free and can do anytihng etc....etc. etc. LOL but it should be better than that

I'm not sure what answer you and Ice Thinker are looking for Qwerty ji. At this rate, I'm thinking you guys are trying to prove that girls wear revealing clothes in order to get laid.

The mini skirt seems to be the talk of town, so lets go from there ...

If a girl wears a mini skirt in the US ...

It is not a big deal. It is culturally acceptable, as it is commonly found in female wardrobes. Is it always considered decent? No. But now even the sari has evolved into not-so-decent forms, so why point fingers only at the mini skirt? how many schools in US allow this culturally acceptable thng!!!??? did you wear it to school?

If a girl wears a mini skirt back on the Subcontinent ....

Maybe she is trying to make a fashion statement. Perhaps she is a rebel and wants to westernize. Maybe she is trying to attract the males around her. Maybe she is looking to get laid. And maybe she thinks it looks good on her, so why not? Indian girls wear these only to ape the western style.. they are not doing it with any ulterior motive.. they think that wearing that dress they can impress their beau from Rampur.. and make him believe that she is not worse than her western counterpart...and that's it.. she has her head on her shoulders most of the time...LOL

So in the end, there are many different reason why a girl would choose to wear revealing clothes. They do not all have to do with the male population. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way defending the mini skirt here. In fact, I am one of the first people to point out a slutty skankwhore when I see one. But, although we call people names, and assume things about them, at the end of the day, I don't think we have any right to judge people for the way they look. Not all girls that are completely covered are saints and not all girls who wear revealing clothes are sluts. All girls who who cover themselves can be nuns but girls who dont have boys to impress, peer pressures to live upto.. the last thing they want to do is feel good about themselves....Smile

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 6:54pm | IP Logged

The simplest answer which people give is because I want to..last I heard we are still born free and can do anytihng etc....etc. etc. LOL but it should be better than that

I'm not sure what answer you and Ice Thinker are looking for Qwerty ji. At this rate, I'm thinking you guys are trying to prove that girls wear revealing clothes in order to get laid.

It is not a big deal. It is culturally acceptable, as it is commonly found in female wardrobes. Is it always considered decent? No. But now even the sari has evolved into not-so-decent forms, so why point fingers only at the mini skirt? how many schools in US allow this culturally acceptable thng!!!??? did you wear it to school?  Skirts are allowed in school, as well as shorts! As long as they are not shorter than your longest fingertip.

Maybe she is trying to make a fashion statement. Perhaps she is a rebel and wants to westernize. Maybe she is trying to attract the males around her. Maybe she is looking to get laid. And maybe she thinks it looks good on her, so why not? Indian girls wear these only to ape the western style.. they are not doing it with any ulterior motive.. they think that wearing that dress they can impress their beau from Rampur.. and make him believe that she is not worse than her western counterpart...and that's it.. she has her head on her shoulders most of the time...LOL And you know this how? :)

So in the end, there are many different reason why a girl would choose to wear revealing clothes. They do not all have to do with the male population. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way defending the mini skirt here. In fact, I am one of the first people to point out a slutty skankwhore when I see one. But, although we call people names, and assume things about them, at the end of the day, I don't think we have any right to judge people for the way they look. Not all girls that are completely covered are saints and not all girls who wear revealing clothes are sluts. All girls who who cover themselves can be nuns but girls who dont have boys to impress, peer pressures to live upto.. the last thing they want to do is feel good about themselves....Smile Girls who cover themselves cannot be nuns(not all of them). A nun is associated with religion. Who said a girl who is wearing revealing clothes are only trying to impress boys? :)
I've worn skirts and stuff for formal school ceremonies. Business women can also be seen in those profession suits with the pencil skirt.

BTW, what is your definition of revealing clothes anyways? Like, cleavage? Or showing legs? For legs, how much has to be covered in order to not be revealing? Is showing arms okay--is wearing half sleeves too revealing? What about necks? Can i wear a top that shows my neck? Also, what about wearing sari's that show my stomach? Is that too revealing?
Just wondering :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-likeDevil

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

It is not a big deal. It is culturally acceptable, as it is commonly found in female wardrobes. Is it always considered decent? No. But now even the sari has evolved into not-so-decent forms, so why point fingers only at the mini skirt? how many schools in US allow this culturally acceptable thng!!!??? did you wear it to school?  Skirts are allowed in school, as well as shorts! As long as they are not shorter than your longest fingertip.

Maybe she is trying to make a fashion statement. Perhaps she is a rebel and wants to westernize. Maybe she is trying to attract the males around her. Maybe she is looking to get laid. And maybe she thinks it looks good on her, so why not? Indian girls wear these only to ape the western style.. they are not doing it with any ulterior motive.. they think that wearing that dress they can impress their beau from Rampur.. and make him believe that she is not worse than her western counterpart...and that's it.. she has her head on her shoulders most of the time...LOL And you know this how? :)

So in the end, there are many different reason why a girl would choose to wear revealing clothes. They do not all have to do with the male population. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way defending the mini skirt here. In fact, I am one of the first people to point out a slutty skankwhore when I see one. But, although we call people names, and assume things about them, at the end of the day, I don't think we have any right to judge people for the way they look. Not all girls that are completely covered are saints and not all girls who wear revealing clothes are sluts. All girls who who cover themselves can be nuns but girls who dont have boys to impress, peer pressures to live upto.. the last thing they want to do is feel good about themselves....Smile Girls who cover themselves cannot be nuns(not all of them). A nun is associated with religion. Who said a girl who is wearing revealing clothes are only trying to impress boys? :)
I've worn skirts and stuff for formal school ceremonies. Business women can also be seen in those profession suits with the pencil skirt.

BTW, what is your definition of revealing clothes anyways? Like, cleavage? Or showing legs? For legs, how much has to be covered in order to not be revealing? Is showing arms okay--is wearing half sleeves too revealing? What about necks? Can i wear a top that shows my neck? Also, what about wearing sari's that show my stomach? Is that too revealing?
I thought the discussion was about mini-skirts... not skirts... which need to be shorter than whatever finger tip you are referring to LOL..

Also I said girls who cover themselves CAN be nuns didnt say they were nuns... so that last point is pointless.

The thing is no dress is bad unless its implied look is bad.. dont all of us know what constitutes a slutty look? they are all wearing all that you mentioned.. but then we know whats appropriate by what it implies.. so skirts are good.. but when the dressing is more to reveal.. it is identifiable and that is bad... LOL... i am ok with any part of the body showing.. (except wht is supposed to be hidden) just carry is in the right manner...Smile

btw what about the short handed gals whose hands are just slightly below their waist.. tokda hand girls.. LOL they  are allowed  mini skirts...

Edited by qwertyesque - 06 June 2010 at 7:09pm

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 7:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Jess.

I've worn skirts and stuff for formal school ceremonies. Business women can also be seen in those profession suits with the peLOLncil skirt.

I thought the discussion was about mini-skirts... not skirts... which need to be shorter than whatever finger tip you are referring to LOL..

lol but you asked about the schools. And girls can wear any kind of skirt as long as its not shorter than their fingerstips.

Also I said girls who cover themselves CAN be nuns didnt say they were nuns... so that last point is pointless. And i said not all girls who cover themselves can be nuns.

The thing is no dress is bad unless its implied look is bad..
I agree.
dont all of us know what constitutes a slutty look? they are all wearing all that you mentioned.. but then we know whats appropriate by what it implies.. so skirts are good.. but when the dressing is more to reveal.. it is identifiable and that is bad... LOL... i am ok with any part of the body showing.. (except wht is supposed to be hidden) just carry is in the right manner...Smile
I agree with that too. Wear what you want to wear, but you need to look sophisticated at the same time. 

btw what about the short handed gals whose hands are just slightly below their waist.. tokda hand girls.. LOL they  are allowed  mini skirts...
haha never seen a girl with hands at her waist (LOL), but i have seen girls with short arms who wear short skirts or shorts. I have long arms...almost mid thigh. so no mini skirts for me (at school)! And im not too comfortable in mini skirts anyways.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 7:44pm | IP Logged

It is not a big deal. It is culturally acceptable, as it is commonly found in female wardrobes. Is it always considered decent? No. But now even the sari has evolved into not-so-decent forms, so why point fingers only at the mini skirt? how many schools in US allow this culturally acceptable thng!!!??? did you wear it to school?  1

Maybe she is trying to make a fashion statement. Perhaps she is a rebel and wants to westernize. Maybe she is trying to attract the males around her. Maybe she is looking to get laid. And maybe she thinks it looks good on her, so why not? Indian girls wear these only to ape the western style.. they are not doing it with any ulterior motive.. they think that wearing that dress they can impress their beau from Rampur.. and make him believe that she is not worse than her western counterpart...and that's it.. she has her head on her shoulders most of the time...LOL 2

So in the end, there are many different reason why a girl would choose to wear revealing clothes. They do not all have to do with the male population. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way defending the mini skirt here. In fact, I am one of the first people to point out a slutty skankwhore when I see one. But, although we call people names, and assume things about them, at the end of the day, I don't think we have any right to judge people for the way they look. Not all girls that are completely covered are saints and not all girls who wear revealing clothes are sluts. All girls who who cover themselves can be nuns but girls who dont have boys to impress, peer pressures to live upto.. the last thing they want to do is feel good about themselves....Smile 3

1, 2, 3 corresponds to 1,2,3 above:

1- Haha, I don't wear mini skirts. I am one of those crazy ones who still wants to hide her ankles. LOL Schools allow skirts, but not too short skirts. The way they define what "too short" is when you put your hand against your side, your skirt should be at least 2-3 inches longer than where your hands reach. That is their general rule. However, I was not discussing about schools or workplaces, but rather generally - walking down the street. But as you rightfully point out, mini skirts are not in any way considered professionally acceptable or modest in most places.

2 If you are against mini skirts because they symbolize westernization that is a completely different discussion. And I highly doubt the beau from Rampur would want his girlfriend walking around in mini skirts LOL- ab pooche kyon? Isliye kyon ke wait too much sexual harassment on the streets back on the subcontinent. Tongue (just kidding, separate discussion!)

3 Girls that cover themselves don't want to feel good? Don't feel good? Confused I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I cover myself, and not only do I want to feel good, I do feel good. This is exactly my whole point here --- you are bringing in a lot of generalizations into the discussion! You can put a girl into a burkha and cover her from top to bottom - but you can't change the way she thinks, the way she acts, and the way she behaves around men. Kapre badalne se niyyat toh nahi badal jaayegi na, Qwerty ji!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 8:20pm | IP Logged

It is not a big deal. It is culturally acceptable, as it is commonly found in female wardrobes. Is it always considered decent? No. But now even the sari has evolved into not-so-decent forms, so why point fingers only at the mini skirt? how many schools in US allow this culturally acceptable thng!!!??? did you wear it to school?  1

Maybe she is trying to make a fashion statement. Perhaps she is a rebel and wants to westernize. Maybe she is trying to attract the males around her. Maybe she is looking to get laid. And maybe she thinks it looks good on her, so why not? Indian girls wear these only to ape the western style.. they are not doing it with any ulterior motive.. they think that wearing that dress they can impress their beau from Rampur.. and make him believe that she is not worse than her western counterpart...and that's it.. she has her head on her shoulders most of the time...LOL 2

So in the end, there are many different reason why a girl would choose to wear revealing clothes. They do not all have to do with the male population. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way defending the mini skirt here. In fact, I am one of the first people to point out a slutty skankwhore when I see one. But, although we call people names, and assume things about them, at the end of the day, I don't think we have any right to judge people for the way they look. Not all girls that are completely covered are saints and not all girls who wear revealing clothes are sluts. All girls who who cover themselves can be nuns but girls who dont have boys to impress, peer pressures to live upto.. the last thing they want to do is feel good about themselves....Smile 3

1, 2, 3 corresponds to 1,2,3 above:

1- Haha, I don't wear mini skirts. I am one of those crazy ones who still wants to hide her ankles. LOL Schools allow skirts, but not too short skirts. The way they define what "too short" is when you put your hand against your side, your skirt should be at least 2-3 inches longer than where your hands reach. That is their general rule. However, I was not discussing about schools or workplaces, but rather generally - walking down the street. But as you rightfully point out, mini skirts are not in any way considered professionally acceptable or modest in most places. if you didnt wear skirts why are you supporting that.. second what the heck the school has to do whether i wear a 4" or 6" skirt... is this USA, a free country.. all of you were jumping saying you could wear what you want!!!????? Saap soong gaya abhi!!!???LOL

2 If you are against mini skirts because they symbolize westernization that is a completely different discussion. And I highly doubt the beau from Rampur would want his girlfriend walking around in mini skirts LOL- ab pooche kyon? Isliye kyon ke wait too much sexual harassment on the streets back on the subcontinent. Tongue (just kidding, separate discussion!) i am saying what i know and what the school realises, you girls make a fuss about!!!! miniskirts reflect indecent sexually and so are not allowed even in many places in  the USA!!!.. Oye woh rampur ka chhora hai.. rampuri nikal sakta hai, hai kisi ki majaal jo uski sajni ko chhede!!!LOL ( just watched some Rampur ka laxman.. so some after effects..)

3 Girls that cover themselves don't want to feel good? Don't feel good? Confused I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I cover myself, and not only do I want to feel good, I do feel good. This is exactly my whole point here --- you are bringing in a lot of generalizations into the discussion! You can put a girl into a burkha and cover her from top to bottom - but you can't change the way she thinks, the way she acts, and the way she behaves around men. Kapre badalne se niyyat toh nahi badal jaayegi na, Qwerty ji! what are you saying... girls covering themselves dont feel good abuot themselves!!!?? when did i say that ????? I am saying they can be nuns... and feeling like nuns is not feeling bad..
Aur yeh toh aap ka mahila morcha bol raha jo...kapde pahane say confidence badhta hai... etc etc.. I agree kapade badalne niyat nahi badalti.. i know it since the time I read Little red riding hood..Tongue

Ok here is the funny part ... the title says..  "short/revealing cloth" whats a cloth.. wearing G-Strings, thongs or langot!!???LOLLOL

Edited by qwertyesque - 06 June 2010 at 8:28pm

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
I want to say that i dont wear mini-skirts, yet i dont care if others do as long as they look decent and not slutty.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top