Debate Mansion

Why some women wear short/revealing cloth?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 13

Page 1
Page   of 13
Page 2 Page 13

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 10:50am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why some women wear short/revealing cloth?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 11:34am | IP Logged
I guess there ARE those women who'd like to be glared at.. Ermm 

Sexual harassment and clothing has no connection IMHO.. there are those guys who harass women wearing a burka.. Stern Smile

Coming to revealing - What might be revealing or skimpy for you,might not be revealing for the girl wearing it. For example, a girl wearing a cute tiny skirt would be potrayed as skimpy in India while it's perfectly alright to wear such clothes in Miami..
When I go to my village wearing a pair of jeans and a decent tee, my natives think I'm showing off and that am being slutty!! LOL

I guess there's no particular limit for "revealing" .. so, could you be more elaborate and define "revealing" to me.. Embarrassed

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 06 June 2010 at 11:41am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mind-googlingJess.

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ice-Thinker

WHY DO WOMEN WEAR SHORT/REVEALING CLOTH WHICH PROMOTE EXPOSURE?

Because men also wear short/revealing clothes which promote exposure but never saw any woman complaining about it. Tongue

Everyone has a different definition of short/revealing...let women wear what they want, can we stop being preachy to 50% of the population on this planet.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mind-googlingreturn_to_hadesJess.Fair-n-luvlyAngel-likeDevilMeena1

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 11:47am | IP Logged

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 11:51am | IP Logged

Am I offending?

I hope not ... because if I am, please do read my signature.

I couldnt ask this anywhere else for a discussion ... but here I am ... I felt like you could give your inputs ... as it seems women really dont like anyone looking at them long enough (as the "Sexual harrasment" thread would suggest).

WHY DO WOMEN WEAR SHORT/REVEALING CLOTH WHICH PROMOTE EXPOSURE?

I think there are many options: from shalwaar suits to denim jeans wear ... nice comfortable t-shirts, even skirts are there which can be termed as more MODERATE. The traditional saree is there aswell (ofcourse, there are then those sarees which bare more and hide less).

I definately do not support eve teasing or any form of harrasment due to such costumes by the victim... please do treat this as a seperate/independent matter on its own.

So... any ideas?

Its the part of mating signal.by highlighting their hotspots.... if it would be socially permissible they woud go around without any clothes buts thats crude mating signal.. its not erotic..

When this mating signal reaches the right guys.. its leads to reproduction and  family generation. when its reaches someone which the female doesnt like it causes sexual harrasment and botheration..and when it comes from a female who the male resents for some reason it leads to creating/aggravating serial killers.. when it reaches people of incompatible age groups... it causes weird criminal behaviors...

The one and only reason for wearing such outfits is to show off a sneak preview to someone while having the right to hold on to the main show.......SmileLOL.. But like more and more people are getting asexed... they are losing their ability to catch and appreciate these signals and leading to them being objects of crude perversions... of sort including the inversion behavior...

Edited by qwertyesque - 06 June 2010 at 11:55am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

xobileFair-n-luvly

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Because they can.

Whether a woman is walking out in a fully covered outfit or in a bikini, it does not give anyone the right to sexually harass her. Its culture, its fashion trends, and it is that modern attitude that believes because-I-can.

It is all a matter of personal choice. What may be considered decent and modest in one culture may be considered completely opposite in the other. We cannot compare these things across the board, since mindsets are very different in different parts of the world.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hadesJess.Angel-likeDevil

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 11:56am | IP Logged

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 11:57am | IP Logged

I dunno about Miami ... but I spent my life mostly in Sweden ... and as far as I know, Sweds are not primitive.

However ... the really short skirt accepted as "showing off" ... or just not being modest/moderate ... something fulfilling the "revealing cloth" criteria. I would expect the same definition for Miami.

Somethings remain fairly consistent beyond borders too... they depend on the Time-Line homogenity.

However ... I can say that a woman wearing trousers in some parts of Interior India can be quite revealing too, but then outside from there its more normal. But the extent depends ... we cannot say the same things in comparison to Nordics and USA, etc.

But yes ... bottom line - WHY ...

Thats for your contribution.

Ice-thinker -- Miami was just an example.. LOL

Can you be specific when you say "revealing", again ?!

Woman in trousers are completely not accepted in my village and most other native, rural places of India..
while, if I wear a bikini top and a pair of porkchop shorts in LA, or in such cities people would just not notice me! And neither would it be considered as "revealing".. Ermm

It's all about choices the lady makes.. Embarrassed

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 06 June 2010 at 12:02pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top