Celebrity Fan Clubs

"Bheegi si Bhagi si" pyari si Antara ..... (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 61

sumesh

IF-Stunnerz

sumesh

Posted: 07 June 2010 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Producer: Harry Baweja
Director: Vikram Bhatt
Starring: Aashish Chaudhary, Aftab Shivdasani, Amrita Arora, Sanjay Suri, Sophie Chaudhary, Tanushree Datta, Urmila Matondkar, and Zayed Khan
Music: Pritam
Lyrics: Mayur Puri
Singers: Antara Mitra, Joy, Shaan, Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan
Audio On: Tips    Number of Songs: 6
Album Released on: June 2007

Public Rating Average: 4.86 / 10 (rated by 42 listeners) Give your Rating:

Will we get a thrill ride that will keep us at the edge of our seats or a damp squib at the box office? Speed stars Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock and the character affectionately known as the BUS (which oddly enough means stop in Gujarati, which wouldn't really make you very'. speedy). Oh, wait a sec, that's the wrong movie! Ah,, here we have our Hindi film titled, "Speed" brought to us by that fan of the "inspired" films, director Vikram Bhatt. It's interesting that Mr. Bhatt at this point in his career is desperately trying to score a hit after recent flops like "Red" and "Life Mein Khabie Khabie". Actually, it's been several years since he has had any hit to his credit. You'd have to go all the way back to "Raaz". So what's a starving for a hit director to do? Get inspired of course! The cast of this movie includes a veritable boatload of second tier stars such as Aashish Chaudhary, Aftab Shivdasani, Amrita Arora, Sanjay Suri, Sophie Chaudhary, Tanushree Datta, Urmila Matondkar, and Zayed Khan. Harry Baweja produces the movie. If the producer, director and cast don't impress you, then perhaps Pritam as the music director will. Yes, the bearded one returns with a new soundtrack after scoring huge hits like "Life in a'Metro" in 2007. So now, do you feel the need'. for "SPEED"!? (Side Note: Tips Music, once a giant in the music industry, has released the soundtrack, somehow getting it away from the omnipresent T-Series which seems to release everything these days.)

It's always a odd mix in Hindi films when you have an action movie that is also a musical. Certain directors like Sanjay Gupta ("Musafir", "Zinda" and "Shootout at Lokhandwalla") combine the action and musical genre well. With a title like "Speed" the moviegoer might think that the music would be "Fast" and "Furious". Let's speedily go through this review and find out what kind of music Pritam has brought to us this time.

At first listen, the music seems to be anything but fast and furious as Pritam falls back to his soft-techno-pop-ballad-dance music pattern. It seems that when the music director wants to coast through, he falls back on this tried and true formula. Not that it's a bad thing; it's just that he has raised the bar so high with his recent soundtracks that we expect more from him.

The first track, "Hello" is a peppy number that zips along at a pleasant pace. In this age of instant gratification and super fast come ons, this number will hit home to a lot of listeners. The super youthful Shaan provides the voice for the guy who is trying to win over the girl of his cellular dreams. The husky voiced Sunidhi Chauhan provides the sultry put downs that make Shaan try even harder. It's standard dance-pop fare, but grows on the listener the more you listen to it. Mayur Puri provides the not so deep lyrics. Do you feel the need for "SPEED"? Not yet, as this song is slightly up-tempo, but doesn't break any speed limits with its originality.

The next song zips right into the fast lane. Pritam amps up the music and hits the accelerator to bring us, "Wanna Wanna". Shaan and Sunidhi return to drive you crazy with this track that is heavy on the synths and adds dhol beats at just the right moments. Pritam knows how to get listeners going and this shows how deft he is in putting together a catchy catchphrase with the right musical arrangement. Mayur Puri is gonna gonna impress with "Wanna Wanna". Do you feel the need for "SPEED"? Yes! Pull me over right now, because I'm going to be blasting this song on my car stereo and breaking the speed limit. (Note: Dear readers, I do not now or ever condone speeding. Unless you feel like it that is!).

Whew, so far I have not been pulled over for speeding, but shall I slow down with the next oddly titled track, "Tikhi Tikhi". There are different versions of this song on the album, and the placement of them is odd, as you have this version (STOMP) followed by the regular version and after another song, the third version. The stomp beat is a repetitive heavy percussive beat at regular intervals (sorta like stomping your feet down on the floor when an ant is crawling up your pants and at the same time clapping your hands together.). It's certainly a different sounding track that breaks from the standard dance tempo tunes that Pritam is known for. The singer Joy (Last heard on the soundtrack for "Kya Love Story Hai") infuses a youthful feel to the track. Mayur Puri's lyrics are just right, after all, how deep do you want a song that is titled "Tikhi Tikhi" to be? For the record, the first STOMP mix is the best one out of the three on the album. So, do you still feel the need for "SPEED"?! Yes, keep speeding down the fast lane!

Now, oddly enough the fourth track is, "Tikhi Tikhi" again (dj vu). This is the original mix, and it's sllllooow. The percussive rhythm is softer than the STOMP version, and the song somewhat slows down the momentum that the first three tracks had built up. I wonder who actually decides on the order of songs on apna Hindi soundtracks? I can't believe that Pritam would actually want the two Tikhi(s) in a row. I could fill this paragraph up with verbose comments on how the track is perfect for lounging around and setting your car on cruise control, but I will spare you. Do you still feel the need for "SPEED"!? Not so much with this track, let's slow down and simply enjoy the view.

For the next track, "Loving You", Pritam brings back the "Whoah WHOAH OHHHH" chorus that he seems to like so much. I seriously think that he must have these guys on speed dial (ouch, sorry, couldn't resist). Smooth voiced kurly krazy Sonu Nigam always raises the quality of any song that he vocalizes and this one is no exception. He brings an energy level to the song that is ably supported by Pritam's somewhat standard use of drum machines, keyboards and a smattering of Spanish guitar (Something we have heard before in soundtracks like "Ankahee"). Antara Mitra provides the female vocals, and is passable. It's time to drive fast and furious again as the song speeds by at a quick pace. Mayur Puri's lyrics are just right. I think I feel the need for "SPEED" again, though Pritam is speedily running out of creativity on this album.

The sixth and final track is another version of "Tikhi Tikhi". The stomp beats return, but with a faster up-tempo rhythm. It's really nothing new, or even interesting and by this time you might be tired of listening to the song, I know I was. It certainly made me quite aware that on this soundtrack, we only have four original songs and the rest is all filler. Will you still feel the need for "SPEED"!? Not so much, by the end of the album, as it seems the car has run out of gas.

The songs to watch out for on this album are "Wanna Wanna" and "Hello". Do speed and add these to your IPOD's playlist. To be honest, I think Pritam hit cruise control on this album, sat back, and composed the songs in the basic Pritam house style. So, while I felt the need for "SPEED" at the beginning of the album, by the end of it, I just want to park the car and get on to other things as I sing, "It's my way, or the highway!"

Edited by sumesh - 07 June 2010 at 12:39pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ""Bheegi si Bhagi si" pyari si Antara ..... (Page 5)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sumesh

IF-Stunnerz

sumesh

Posted: 07 June 2010 at 12:47pm | IP Logged

Sonu86

IF-Dazzler

Sonu86

Posted: 07 June 2010 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
Hello ji Hello...kaise hai sab?? kitne saal ho gaye mere yeha aaye hue....kisiko yaad hu kya main???

Hooooooooooooooyyyyyyyy.....aapko to yaad hi hoga...TongueWink

Bheegi si Bhaagi si.....In love with this song....

Sonu86

IF-Dazzler

Sonu86

Posted: 07 June 2010 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sumesh

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1410449

Hi sonuuuuuuuuuu hw r u?? its beeeeeeeeeeen so longgggggggggg

Here si the link....:-)

Hooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile.....I am fine Sumesh....aap kaise hai? aur humari Bhabhi ji kaisi hai??SmileSmile....i know its been so long since i came here....i saw new people in this FC.....by the way Koeli ne apna ID change kiya hai kya???/

Sonu86

IF-Dazzler

Sonu86

Posted: 07 June 2010 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhy

Originally posted by Sonu86

I can't open the new FC Link...its telling me the page cannot be displayed..... OuchConfused

aww sonu swtyy..after soo long..Hugwhere hv u been my dear..Confusedmissed u?
last we talked in facebook..isnt it?Embarrassedplss cum here..Smilelets hv those old fun days backBig smile

ohhh sorry now it works..LOLjus edited itLOL

yesssssss Madhy......its been sooooooooooooo long since  have been to this FC.....i am only active in Amit Paul FC....u know I am still crazy about him....EmbarrassedEmbarrassedLOLLOLWinkWink......but ya I missed you all too....and yes last time we talked was in FB.....I heard bheegi si bhaagi si and fell in love with it....and couldn't resist coming here....so I am back....hope to have those fun days back....EmbarrassedEmbarrassedSmileSmileSmileLOLLOL
...Antara all the wayyyyyyyy

kuhu.kuhu

IF-Sizzlerz

kuhu.kuhu

Posted: 07 June 2010 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sonu86

Hooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile.....I am fine Sumesh....aap kaise hai? aur humari Bhabhi ji kaisi hai??SmileSmile....i know its been so long since i came here....i saw new people in this FC.....by the way Koeli ne apna ID change kiya hai kya???/
HEYYYY Sonuuuuuuuuuuuuuu HugHugHug..yup yup ...i have changed my ID ..lekin dhindora pitke sabko bata dia ..ek tum hi nahi thi isi liye bata nahi payee ......kaisii ho ..omg!!!! so good to see u ...u must come now ...

U know even we don't see each other on this fc but  we leave msgs for all ....

Moreover Antara has been in news  for quite sometime ...1st Junoon kuchh kar dikhane ka NDTV ...then IPL rockstar show...then singing in  All The Best and now Rajneeti ..bheegi si bhagi si .... Dancing

Our Sumesh is soon going to lose his bachelor hoodTongueParty ...toh Virtual wife ki Vidaii  karke woh ab real wife ko shaadi karne jaa raha hai .....ab humne ek mast bachelor party arrange karenge isi FC pe .......with all Antara's songs  .Dancing..

Gowthy ..remember u have to arrange Sumesh's wedding this time too ...Big smile

madhy

IF-Sizzlerz

madhy

Posted: 07 June 2010 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indian888

woh madhy

very good job HugHugHug

sumesh - please check fan club no ...as on front page we are still showing 32 ...i think this is 34 0r 35

bitu u didnt check front pg completelyyCry
aww bad bad guyy..Sleepy
i hv edited all her audio songs & edited more.Embarrassed
yea i'll edit da FC which we missed to count..u kno da thing is dat now i hv 4got how to link da word which i used to do b4.CryLOLdonno how we used to do it..sumesh do u kno how to do it?i completely forgot as we missed complete 2 yrs without doing any creativ things like that.LOLLOL

madhy

IF-Sizzlerz

madhy

Posted: 07 June 2010 at 11:30pm | IP Logged

to be edited later..more offers r cuming naa..LOL

sumesh pls provide me rajneet,all the best. dho baat pakki & laife partner songSmile

oops I dont have any songs downloaded as recently I bougth new laptop I 5 proccessor...

will try to find it soon for u,,...most probably by next weekendEmbarrassed

no worries i hv done it..btw i didnt ask u the file..i just wanted da audio linkLOL..but i have found it now..check da front now.Embarrassedi hv edited all songgSmilebut i want some review frm each & everysong.Smilecan u show me where it was postedConfused?

WOWW u bought A new lap? Clapbut  y 1.5 processor? aww 2.2 wud be better.. recently i bought 2.2 processor dualcore..u kno WAT?da very next day it was fell down frm my sister..aww i felt like hitting her hard..my laptop dispaly gone..i bought it from online so it costs more cheaper compared to our our sellers..here it costs 1900usd. ..but frm da online seller i bouth like 800usd..it has 4gb ram & 320 hard disk.i sent mail to da seller telling da problem.he said me to send it back so he 'll repair it with a new screenEmbarrassedi hope it works...awww but extra charge went for shipping as it was frm US.OuchLOLmy previous lap kd sold to someone & bought this oneEmbarrassedit was also a 2.2 dual core processor with 4gb ram. b4 it was Hp...this time i bought dell xps white.Smilebut unfortunatelyyyCry

thx madhy....u r so fast.....I will post all reviews soon....

mine is i5 proccessor..its latest one...core proccessor...2.27 Ghz speed...4GB ram...500GB Hard disk...Embarrassed'

very sad to hear abt ur new lap...hope it gets repaired soon...my old oen HP dv2000 also fell down one time...but after that 6 month it was ok,....then showed display issues...after that somehow I used around 8 months & last month bought thsi new one...

I bought the HP core 2 one 3600 dirhams 2.5 yrs ago...when i sold i got 650 Dirhams only...:-(

the i5 new one cost 3000 dirhams....much faster....hope It wont fall down soon & I cna use atleast 2 years without any compalints...

aww dats grt i thout u put somthing like 1.5...Embarrassed
i hope ur one dosnt fall..Tongue
abto u can cum online at anytime even wen ur not at office?Embarrassed
ru still in Dubai?Smile
wat? ur fiancee in india?Confused

aww she must be missing u a lottttttEmbarrassedWink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top