Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

India not in Football WC (Page 2)

jettythegod IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 June 2010 at 3:39am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 04 June 2010 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

And currently India should be concentrating on cricket...2 loss to Zimbabwe?Shocked JeezAngry

Cricket mein to waat lagi huyi hai nanhe munno ki team ki....Football kya khaak khelenge! LOL
SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 04 June 2010 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ice-Thinker

India being so HUGE ... and football being so popular in some states ... how come we dont produce quality footballers? ... why have we contineously failed for so many decades...

Whats the problem? Any Idea? .... lets not blame cricket for it ... Cricket is one game and football is another.... India should've produced ONE quality team till now atleast Ouch

We have a very big popularity of football in India.

Well...Football is popular only in certain parts of India. WB, Goa, Kerala and NE states that is all. Logically speaking Football should have been in the place of Cricket, it is very cheap to play...all you need is a football unlike in Cricket where you need Bats, balls, stumps and accessories. Lekin aisa hua nahi, pata nahi kyon. Maybe because Cricket got entrenched during British occupation of India.
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 04 June 2010 at 1:08pm | IP Logged

I think ...Indian Football need a Lalit Modi!!!Big smile........''Create noise at the top, the benefits will trickle down to the grass roots."... I mean  a reverse model of top down development...then we can see some changes in Indian Football!Smile

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 05 June 2010 at 7:51am | IP Logged
i know that asian countries such as north and south korea are participating im surprised countries such as india, pakistan and bangladesh arent in the world cup
P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 05 June 2010 at 11:52am | IP Logged
England vs America first match.

England 6 goals America zero. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edited by P1nk - 05 June 2010 at 11:52am
Ice-Thinker Goldie

Posted: 05 June 2010 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 June 2010 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SolidSnake

Originally posted by Ice-Thinker

<font size="2">India being so HUGE ... and football being so popular in some states ... how come we dont produce quality footballers? ... why have we contineously failed for so many decades... </font>

<font size="2">Whats the problem? Any Idea? .... lets not blame cricket for it ... Cricket is one game and football is another.... India should've produced ONE quality team till now atleast Ouch

We have a very big popularity of football in India.
</font>

Well...Football is popular only in certain parts of India. WB, Goa, Kerala and NE states that is all. Logically speaking Football should have been in the place of Cricket, it is very cheap to play...all you need is a football unlike in Cricket where you need Bats, balls, stumps and accessories. Lekin aisa hua nahi, pata nahi kyon. Maybe because Cricket got entrenched during British occupation of India.

WB=west bengal right? I remember reading about how they people from calcutta are footie crazy but this seems to have spread a lot throughout India. It's not just the states you mentioned, in Mumbai there seems to be a huge craze for footie now. Ofcourse cricket will always be popular but football seems to be catching up too. I was talking to a family friend who lives in Mumbai and he was telling me how all of the guys and girls at his college are football crazy and he's one of the few guys who is a big cricket fan. I was quite surprised and then slowly I realised that it's not just him but a lot of people from Mumbai seem to be huge fans of football. It has actually come to a stage where there are a large group of people on my FB with 'Manchester United' as their middle names lol. In fact, the craze for football is so much, that a cafe has opened in Mumbai called 'Manchester United cafe' Tongue This is just an observation and my personal experience though.

Go to top