Boycott Bollywood celebs who'll attend IIFA

Posted: 13 years ago
Ban on Bollywod stars will be implemented: SIFC C
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, June 02, 2010]

The south Indian film industry is firm on its stand of boycotting the actors, technicians who will attend this year's IIFA at Sri Lanka.

Over 400 artistes, actors, technicians and choreographers have already left for the event. Many actors like Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Sanjay Dutt, Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Lara Dutta are slated to perform there.

According to representatives of the South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce and various other bodies, they were not opposed to the awards ceremony but were against the event being organised in Sri Lanka in an apparent reference to the alleged killing of civilian Tamils at the height of the conflict between the Sri Lankan army and LTTE last year.

A delegation from the South Indian film industry arrived in Mumbai on Monday to meet Bollywood producers to urge them to join the ban. In a decision on Tuesday, Bollywood said this could not be done as a lot of money was involved.

They offered to compromise with the south Indian film industry, saying one of Bollywood's principal actors will address the issue relating to Tamils on stage and declare a plan for their welfare. However, this compromise was turned down by the south lobby and they are going ahead with the ban.

Now films of those actors who will perform/attend the awards will be boycotted in the south.

The Bachchan Family, Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir are the big wigs who are not attending the event.

Ok this is silly.
Its sad those killings against Tamilians happened, but at the same time, you cant FORCE ppl to protest with you.

I mean you wanna protest or make statements, that's fine, but ultimately by banning films of your OWN people, who are you ultimately harming? I mean the South, bollywood, doenst matter, everyone is Indian right?

My problem lies with this blackmail. Either protest with us, or we will ban your films in our region. That defeats the purpose.

And money has already been invested. The organizers cant just call the show off. Especially since they tried to compromise and say they will address this issue.
controversies and controversies
Ugggh man why harm yr own ......and its not as if the actors decided where the event wil be placed ....tell IIFA organizers abt it .....what can the actors do ?????

People losing their lives is sad ....but they say no pain no gain ..atleast the LTTE was wiped out !!!!

And as usual bollywood cant stay united on nething ....it should have either all go or no one goes !!!!!

And I'm just so tired of controversies nad banning and protests in bollywood!

Remember the 3 month strike, god!

And then the kurbaan controversy, MNIK controversy, way too many controversies. Can desis go a year without any controversy???

Like I said, you cnat blackmail ppl to protest. That defeats the PURPOSE!
Desu sadly many B'wood celebs are backing out coz of the same reason.

Very few stars are going to be there this time.Have Saif n Bebo left for the ceremony?
Originally posted by desigal90

And I'm just so tired of controversies nad banning and protests in bollywood!

Remember the 3 month strike, god!

And then the kurbaan controversy, MNIK controversy, way too many controversies. Can desis go a year without any controversy???

Like I said, you cnat blackmail ppl to protest. That defeats the PURPOSE!
I so agree with you !!!!!
Originally posted by rhea_6

Desu sadly many B'wood celebs are backing out coz of the same reason.

Very few stars are going to be there this time.Have Saif n Bebo left for the ceremony?
Saif, bebo, sallu, the silly ones who are still attending Rhea.
The smarter ones backed out.

smarter ones???? .....they are the manipulative , politically correct ones ...who tend fall in the max number of controversies these days !!! They are the ones who dont stand for the right but do what is right for them !!!

Just saw on tv those activists have sworn that Salman,Saif,Bebo's etc films will not be allowed to screen down south in TN.😛

The activists also held protests outside Sal's home and burnt his effigies.