Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Raajneeti Reviews: First one up (ALL Reviews Here) (Page 31)

Post Reply New Post

Page 31 of 32

gujunpyo

IF-Sizzlerz

gujunpyo

Posted: 23 June 2010 at 10:47am | IP Logged
My review

okay,whats the actual length of the movie..??!!!>.because out of the 3.5 hours,half an hour was dedicated to the promos of like dozens of movies..!!..me nad my friend literally were so bugged..!!!..11:30 ka show,and till 11:50,they are showing trailers..!!!..

Lol,coming back to the movie.I'll try to be polite.Everyone,except katrina,was perfect for the roles and did an awsum Job.But,this is not my kinda movie at all.Not that i didnt understand it..i did..!!..Obviously,politics is a dirty business..!!..But WTH,dont tell me ppl die as if they mangoes falling from trees,and murders can be so damn easy..!!..Mind boggling escapes everyone had...!!..Lol..I Know the police is badly equipped in our country and everything...but hello,crimes being committed in broad daylight..!!!..I was like,call the CID..If not anything elseLOL

Firsty..!!!..man...it was like,they should have had a family chart distributed to every one in the hall..we kept forgetting kaun kiska kya lagta hai...not that it matters...Such a weird family,lol..

Hmm..the naseeruddin shah part..well,he didnt have anything to do than roam around in the rain and kiss that woman...i donno why featured in the promos,it was much less than even a gues appearance..oh well,maybe he's a major character....

Hmm..So the story was good.It was powerful,juicy..everything you need...but ...most of the characters were half baked..!!!..Mostly ranbir and katrina's...

Ranbir:..okay,he comes back to India..sees his father's death..stays back..alright..But hello.>!!!!..the whole purpose of ranbir's character was that he wasnt interested in politics.>!!!!..And they dont even tell us HOW his mind transformed so blatantly to do all that he did..!!!..His emotional turmoil should have been a major turmoil in the movie..!!..but no,that doesnt figure in the movie..!!..every one just keeps saying,samar u have changed,but we never grasp his own account of having to change himself...He should have had a guilt conscience,because he was the different one in the lot..!!..It was a majorly confusing and vaguely etched character...!!!....

Katrina..!!..LOL,tell me how much of her part was dubbed..?!!!..it was funny how she said soem lines in her own voice,and then some by a dubbing artist.Silly..i was told she worked very hard for her lines..esp in her speech part..so much so that,she forgot to give expressionsWacko..total blank..!!!...Plus,what was that..?!!..Suddenly ,one fine night,she goes and tells Prithvi that dude i love you and i had misunderstood u..????!!!...HOW?...by seeing him kidnap women from markets?...or by him killing Police officers???..and prithvi replies back that he loved her too..?!!!>..realllyyy......?? ye chamtkar kab hua..?!!!..total unbaked *love* story..!!!

on a happy note..one of the movies where arjun rampal stood out..i liked his acting..:)

Ajay devgan sadly,got a one dimensional role which does nothing to justify his talent...he was,one of the main characters in the movie..and yet,grossly ignored one as well...His relation with the family could have created so much drama..but it was amateurishly handledConfused

My problem with the film is,it had no definite turning points..maybe the fault lies in the editing..but every thing was soo....sudden...like,the climax didnt look a climax....random things happening at random points..uneven pace..!!!!...

Nana patekar's character...i still dunno whether he's good or badLOL..he's responsible for all the rubbish i suppose.. but still is portrayed as a person with a heart ...He confused me..

What i liked,is the acting ..:)..most of them top class..Ran-Kat chemistry Soulful..but i didnt connect with the movie...So many ppl died,but dude..!!.i didnt cry..i didnt connect with the characters...!!!

So,yes..quite a bumpy ride for me..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygaga-PoisonIvy-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Raajneeti Reviews: First one up (ALL Reviews Here) (Page 31)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ladygaga

IF-Dazzler

ladygaga

Posted: 23 June 2010 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Hahah I somewhat agree with your review except the Katirna part..I thought Katrina never even had ample amount of scope in the movie.. I personally though the speeches were alright.. even the speeches never had any bhaari bharkam dialoges.. they were pretty plain.. I agree with the part of people dropping dead like mangoes from trees.. it was pretty ridiculous! And samar's character was pretty underdevloped. I guess Indu decides to patch up with his hubby coz she is surrounded by many mass murders.. and she concludes ek se bhala dusra.. coz she is like chalo.. altealst i am married to this guy.. samar toh gaya gori ke paas.. hahah.. I think Prakash jha is pretty lucky that this year we have had one patheitc movie after another.. and he was smart enough to cast actors who were able to uplift an average movie. and another point that worked was the pace.. the didn't spoon feed.. it got confusing .. but atleast the movie was moving..lol

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gujunpyo

gujunpyo

IF-Sizzlerz

gujunpyo

Posted: 23 June 2010 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Unfortunately,raajneeti is the best bet out of Raavan and Sex and the city 2,LOLso yes,Prakash Jha is lucky...:)...

Anyone say the turning 30 trailer with raajneeti?LOL

coming to think of it,katrina didnt have much to do in the movie..she was good in some parts...but still,maybe because the others were so damn good that,i found her the weakest link..

Edited by -anisha- - 23 June 2010 at 11:09am

ladygaga

IF-Dazzler

ladygaga

Posted: 23 June 2010 at 11:26am | IP Logged

She looked pretty in indian attire.. haha. Her voice was dubbed in that scene where she is having dinner with Samar when he returns from abroad. I was like WTH?? LOL After that she has like 4-5 scenes.. and nothing major either.. she even had a bigger role in de dana dan...

Edited by ladygaga - 23 June 2010 at 11:27am

pomegranate

IF-Dazzler

pomegranate

Posted: 23 June 2010 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

If raitings of a movie do not matter then why would critics write reviews and if there won't be any reviews then why would we even have this thread to begin with. Yes everything does boils down to opinion at the end but even a critical review is an opinion and a lot of people decide to watch movies based on opinions of critics. So I wouldn't label the ratings as irrelevant.
I meant that if raavan gets 1.5 stars then that won't make him/her hate the movie or change opinions. some poster made the mistake of posting raavan reviews in the raajneeti section and another poster reminds them its the raajneeti forum and raavan  got 1.5 stars for the 2nd time, as if he/she is mocking them.

Edited by pomegranate - 23 June 2010 at 4:15pm

lalixlily

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 14 August 2010 at 3:06am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm-ladygagaAngel39AllonsyGeronimo

preity*zinta

IF-Veteran Member

preity*zinta

Posted: 14 August 2010 at 11:08am | IP Logged
I just recently saw this movie as well and I really liked it from everything I've seen this year. It was a little slow at bits but likable still. Ranbir, Manoj and Nana were amazing. i was disappointed with Katrina's role I thought there be more ot her character judging the promos. Loved the music.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.shona.

lalixlily

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 14 August 2010 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top