Fashion and Beauty
Fashion and Beauty

India-Forums

Why?

Nikasha. IF-Dazzler
Nikasha.
Nikasha.

Posted: 01 June 2010 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Why is it that in pretty much every soap opera, all leading ladies wear traditional Indian clothing? It's unrealistic, especially in shows that take place in a a modern back drop. Why not wear simple kurtis and jeans, or something of that sort? Why the heavy clothes that make you feel extremely hot, especially in a place like India?

...Just wanted other's opinions...I've been thinking about this for a couple of days now.

-Nikasha-

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess._Divya_

iiHEARTyu-x0 IF-Rockerz
iiHEARTyu-x0
iiHEARTyu-x0

Posted: 02 June 2010 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Not in the YRF shows :P
Like the one in my siggy :P
But yeah I agree, is it necessary to look that good? With all the heavy jewellery and clothes on. I mean, they're at HOME all the time anyways.
Nikasha. IF-Dazzler
Nikasha.
Nikasha.

Posted: 02 June 2010 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
Definitely not in YRF shows! That's why I love them. They are so realistic and all of the characters are so easy to relate to. Everyone knows an Isha, Rohan, Huseifa, Ruchika, and a some-what annoying Sally. LOL

Anyways, any answers?
Jiannax143 IF-Rockerz
Jiannax143
Jiannax143

Posted: 04 June 2010 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
lol no idea..i guess because it's appealing like i don't watch any indian soap opera's but if i'm walking by the TV and someone is watching a soap opera the first thing i notice is the saree or whatever they're wearing. for exmaple i think riddhima from DMG had that phase where she wore the long sleeved churidaars and they were gorgeous!
Jess. IF-Veteran Member
Jess.
Jess.

Posted: 04 June 2010 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by iiHEARTyu-x0

But yeah I agree, is it necessary to look that good? With all the heavy jewellery and clothes on. I mean, they're at HOME all the time anyways.

Thats why i love YRF shows!
Along with the clothes, everything else seems so realistic also!
Jess. IF-Veteran Member
Jess.
Jess.

Posted: 04 June 2010 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by iiHEARTyu-x0

I think its funny when a girl is all dressed up and looking like she's ready to practically get married and someone is like "go and freshen up/get ready"

and then the chick comes out in a new sari even though the previous one was worn that same morning    LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikasha.

Nikasha. IF-Dazzler
Nikasha.
Nikasha.

Posted: 04 June 2010 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
I know! Makes me laugh...
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index