OMG Geet to go off air already??!! ARTICLE

Farzu- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
May 29, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): In case of television, popularity doesn't yield to prosperity always. It's only the TRP that count.

This factor has affected the once popular show of Star One "Miley Jab Hum Tum' and "Geet', which are likely go off air.

Channels or producers seldom pay heed to the popularity factor. Star One's "Miley Jab Hum Tum' is among the popular shows but this popularity isn't reflected in the show's TRPs. To be fair to "Miley..', the channel has been struggling for quite some time. As Star One adopts a more rural based programming, urban oriented shows like "Miley Jab Hum Tum' and "Dill Mill Gayye' look outdated. Dill Mill Gayye though continues to get respected TRPs, so it stays on.

The same cannot be said of "Miley Jab Hum Tum' that was once the number show on Star One. According to grapevine, Endemol India's "Miley Jab Hum Tum' and "Geet' are likely to get the axe.

Mohit Sehgal and Arjun Bijlani, lead actors of "Miley Jab Hum Tum' simply denied that their show is going off air.

A production official seconded Sehgal and Bijlani's clam saying, "There is no chance of the show going off air. In fact, we have got a yearlong extension. New characters will be introduced in the show. Casting for which is going on. If it had to shut down why would these auditions take place?"

History shows that such extension dont always mature. Nevertheless, we wish "Miley..' the best.

As for "Geet', such news does come as a surprise. Lead actress Dhrasti Dhami says, "I haven't heard this before. I believe the show is doing well for the channel".

Abhinav Shukla, who plays Dev, echoes similar sentiments, "Our show is just two months old. I see absolutely no reason for it to go off air."

Now, the top rated show on Star One is the newly launched "Horror nights', which drew a TRP of 0.8. "Miley Jab Hum Tum' and "Geet' don't Feature in the top bracket.

The word emanating from the channel too was of denial. "New shows are coming up in the next months. However, at the moment, no show is going off air," said a channel insider.

Wait and watch is the best policy to adopt. Come June/July, at least one or two shows will be made to bite the dust.

-Mayur Lookhar/ Sampurn Wire

Here the link.

Edited by -Farzana- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dancingdoll thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Its already posted last week.......

but I dont believe it!!! a show like Geet how can that go out of air...the best show right now on Star One....Probably they shld play with its timings and see if things go better....switch it with MJHT timings probably.....
Edited by Dancingdoll - 13 years ago
BlackWitch thumbnail
oh come on!! how is this possible?? And why should Geet go off air? Its such a nice show!!!!!!
StayStrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
ooo its an old one dear, show is save, you have got this stupid news later, geet is going no where.

Mallu
Farzu- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dancingdoll

Its already posted last week.......

but I dont elieve it a show like Geet how can that go out of air...the best show right now on Star One....Probably they shld play with its timings and see if things go better....switch it with MJHT timings probably.....

Really? sorry I didnt see it.
I just saw it on DMG forums and thought of posting it here..

I dont believe it either cuz its a brand new show, it cant go off this fast.
Farzu- thumbnail

Originally posted by: gurl-enchanted

oh come on!! how is this possible?? And why should Geet go off air? Its such a nice show!!!!!!

I KNOW!!! Geet is a really good show, i dont want it to go off air anytime soon!

BlackWitch thumbnail
Same here!! It would be too bad if it does.. Its such a change from the typical shows Star One has been airing!
Farzu- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maleka.QN

ooo its an old one dear, show is save, you have got this stupid news later, geet is going no where.

Mallu

Hey Mallu I didnt know it was old.. Some one just posted it on DMG forums so i thought it was new and I wanted to share with you guys :)

Anyways Yeah I hope Geet doesnt go anywhere. IM loving everything in the show!
Farzu- thumbnail
Well StarOne did have good shows like DMG and MJHT in the beginning but now their all boring and dont make any sense! So Id rather watch Geet which is new and fresh

They should have Geet  swap times with DMG or MJHT! Its a way better show!!
Dancingdoll thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey guys but seriosuly we shld do something to promote this show if the TRPs are low....but frankly I think someone shld investigate on the process of calculating TRPs....The cableboxes which have this TRP collections instrument that is probabaky hooked to those ppl's houses who do not watch youth based shows and hence are not big Star One's fans......probabaly hooked at housewives houses.......My point is that the sample that they are considering for calculating TRP might not represent the population.....and thats making many good serials loose their lifetime......This is not fair..... Edited by Dancingdoll - 13 years ago