Fashion and Beauty

You Are Designed For Eternal Youth....

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

SheebaRiyas

SheebaRiyas

Posted: 01 June 2010 at 12:17am | IP Logged
The anti-ageing industry is probably going to send the mafia after me for revealing this but I guess it would take lots of effort and probably a global awareness program of some sort to convince every consumer to adopt this paradigm shift. They would probably spare me until then.

I have not stopped buying cosmetics or beauty products but I certainly don't feel guilty if I never quite wear any product for more than a week. I suppose I buy these products more out of curiosity than as a means of retaining my 'youthful' looks.

I am no wiz kid in science but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure your way around this subject either. All you need is some basic knowledge about atoms and cells, which are not too hard to remember. Here is what I figured from what was taught in school'.

We all know that millions of new cells are formed in our bodies each day, replacing the diminishing ones. Therefore, every organ undergoes a rebirth of sorts, which repeats itself in many cycles throughout our lifetime.

The reproduction of cells is a basic scientific fact that we all have learnt and is easy to recall. So, if your body is producing new cells in every part of your body even as you are reading this post, doesn't it mean that your body is incapable of growing old?

Have you ever wondered how some people don't look their age? Well, maybe their youthfulness lies deep within the biological system. I am one such person. I don't believe that I have to 'act' my age just because I fear that the society will not be able to digest it.

In fact, I am not concerned about the society. I feel young at heart and enjoy each day as I did when I was in my teens. When I look into the mirror, I still see the same person I did more than a decade ago.

There are some people who would rather give the credit to my genetic structure but I know that it has everything to do with being aware that there is no reason why I should 'grow' older when I am being renewed with thousands of new cells each day!

Maybe its time to grab that dusty science textbook (if it still exists) and figure it all out for yourself. Another option, would be to just lie back and 'age' gracefully.

As for me, I will take the former option any day! Care to join me for some beach-ball?

Edited by SheebaRiyas - 02 June 2010 at 9:09am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "You Are Designed For Eternal Youth...." in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top