Dill Mill Gaye

(Siddhima) Which foundations are strongest??

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

This is meant to be a friendly discussion.  If you don't have anything constructive to say, then leave don't waste your time or mine.

Ok so with this masti track running us in a line that is neither forward nor backwards, but rather a circle that leads us back to exact same place of nowhere.  I don't have much to post about the episodes directly, as I have found many times that my predicting skills come nowhere near those of a certain camel owner I know.  So I will leave the power of predicting to those who are best at it.

This post I am making is sort of but not quite about Siddhima.  I guess you could say it is because of Siddhima and their relationship that I started thinking about the things that I did and decided to write something up to see what you guys think.  Not just about Siddhima, but about yourselves or maybe someone you know in real life. (And please if you want to participate give legit examples) So my question is, "Which foundations are stronger?? Those that are built as an extension of preexisting ones?  Or those that are re-built from the ground up?"

I will give you examples from DMG so you get an idea of what I'm trying to get across. 

So for the extension of pre-existing bonds.  What I mean by this is that we all grow up and as we are growing we start to become the people we always wanted to be.  Your parents, friends, and family all play a major role in helping to carve out what kind of adult you will be.  For those that have all the love and support of their loved ones often are able to determine what they want out of life quickly, and make no side tracks on the path of life.  They have goals and dreams, know how to get them, and set off running towards them.  This is kind of what Riddhima Gupta was like when she entered Sanjeevani.  She was Daddy's girl, she was loved by all, she was sweet, caring, and life as she saw it was full of sunshine and flowers.  She was secure in who she was, knew what she wanted out of life, and was cruising through it with a giant smile on her face.  So then she meets the man who at first she dislikes, but then slowly starts to like, and eventually falls in love with.  And through their journey from enemies, to friends, and eventually to love, Armaan becomes and extension of Ridz's life.  He does not build his own foundation from the ground up with her, but instead he joins his currently built foundation to a place in the preexisting one Ridz has carved out for the man that she will one day marry.

I do not mean to imply that this bond is weak, for many people's relationships are built just as this.  We all have dreams and hopes and we all have special place reserved for that person who we will eventually meet and one day fall in love with and then marry.  And most of these marriages do great, in fact almost all of them do.  For this is not uncommon, but rather it is the norm.  I mean the foundations we lay as children and young adults often are the ones that guide us through this crazy thing called life.  They establish our morals and the way we grow to see the world.  In fact, I might even say that those that follow this path are the lucky ones.  Because the alternative is definitely not the norm, but instead is one that breeds from extraordinary circumstances.  It is not rare, but at the same time it is not common.

So what is the one that breeds from extraordinary circumstances?? It is the bond that is rebuilt from the ground up.  And what I mean by this is so aptly shown in Ridz and Sid's story.  After Armaan left her, every foundation Ridz had ever built was destroyed, pummeled to nothingness.  Everything she ever believed in, and thought of not just out of life, but of herself was destroyed.  For the thing she trusted most and invested the most valuable thing, her heart, in was torn apart, and there was nothing she could do to stop it.  In this moment all of Ridz's foundations crumbled to the ground and all she was left with was rubble.  Her relationship with the man she loved was destroyed.  Her relationships with her friends disappeared.  And her relationship with her parents was rocky at best.  Here is a woman whose very foundation lay torn apart.  Then she meets a man.  A complete stranger who a first makes her angry, but through this anger she starts to at least feel something.  She gets a flare for fight and the first layer of brick is laid down.  Then she gets his support as a stranger still as she goes on the search for her life.  Second layer.  Then she gets the support of a friend who chooses to marry her and walk through life with her even though she has clearly shown him she is not worthy of him.  Layer three.  Sure they have their ups and downs, their fights and tears. But with each fight and each tear they shed they are simply adding another layer of cement and brick to their foundation.  Finally, she gets to feel the love of the man she has married and slowly start to fall in love with him.  Yet another layer. 

As I said this rebuilding of a foundation is not rare nor is it uncommon.  For Ridz's situation is not the only kind that face such a challenge.  For there are those that lose their soulmate early in life and then wade through life in this world with the memory of the one they have loved, only to rejoin their mate in the next (Raj from Mohabbatein).  And there are those that never get the chance to actually know their life partner, never the get the chance for them merge souls before their bond in this life is torn apart. (Preeti from Mohabbatein)  There are those that are left for some reason and then must find the strength within themselves to realize that it was not their fault they were left, but it was just the way it was meant to be and that sometimes life doesn't require someone to walk with, that it is better for you to travel life alone without a life partner (Rajesh Hum Aapke Hain Kaun).  And finally, there are those that find each other out of circumstance and decide that instead of wandering through life alone that they should merge lives (not souls) and live life together as companions and if love finds them then great, if not then it's no big deal (Kareena and Anil from Bewafaa). 

Each of these involves rebuilding from the ground up.  How they rebuild, whether it is alone, or together, whether it is with happiness, acceptance or sadness all varies.  But the end it is the same, a new foundation must be laid.  More bricks and more cement.  So is this the stronger relationship because it required conscious effort to rebuild. Because it was built from the ground up, and each brick was laid down together.  That life had already waged the worst it could, and they were able to withstand it and managed to stay standing. So is this the stronger one? Clearly, these are definitely not the lucky ones, for each had to suffer a significant blow to the essence of who they were and in what they believed in.  

So which is the stronger relationship?? The one built as an extension to pre-existing bonds?? Or those rebuilt from the ground up???

My answer is I truly do believe that if done correctly either can be just as strong and it has been proven over and over.  And that I hope personally, for myself that I am able to join my soulmate to me via a preexisting bond.  For as I have said I do believe these are the lucky ones.  For they have bonded and joined and become one before life can throw any major hardships their way.  They get to face life's hail storms together and no matter what boulders lay in their path they get to overcome them together.  Yet, I must say that rising from the ashes of a foundation torn apart by the tragedies of life and rebuilding them together, must allow the bond you create with that person to be so much stronger.  For it is a bond that has been built out of tragedy, it is a bond that has seen you in your worst and has in fact helped you rise up to become a better version of yourself.  Sure you didn't get to face that initial storm with this person.  And you had to take every hit and blow by yourself.  But now you have someone that is intertwined with you, that no matter what life throws your way now, it can never be as worse as facing that storm by yourself.

So please share your views, as I said earlier I would love to hear your thoughts about Siddhima, about yourselves, or about some one you may know. 

This is meant to be a friendly discussion.  If you don't have anything constructive to say, then leave don't waste your time or mine.

I have no problem hitting that fancy report button for those of you that do not wish to take this seriously.

You know the rules

-Arp

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

athithi thumbnail
Great post!!!
Its quite a mature topic - because most people weave their dreams of  a life partner hoping to find someone via  a preexisting bond.. Like you said, these indeed are the lucky ones who find and settle down with a life partner this way..

For the rest, you go through ups and downs - life burns and crashes (like it happened in my case too) and out of the ashes we rise to find a soulmate that lends their hand ..I do honestly think the latter is the stronger..  When  a person has crashed and burnt, every step is taken carefully in the future and we apprecite what we have in hand and never take anything for granted and as a result learn to keep the valuable gift that life has endowed on us..

Like I said, in my life, I had been thru several storms and I have been managing to weather these storms holding my soulmate's hand with my feet firmly on the ground - I doubt if I would have had the emotional maturity to deal with life had my former bond been successful.. may be ..may be not!!

uppaas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
What a beautiful post and yes I agree with you..a bond made in averse times will always hold a special place in your heart , no matter what.
Even if R walks out on Sid or chooses A she will NEVER EVER forget what she had with Sid , you may not like it but it is there.Also Ar will not be able to build a life togrther after crushing Sid ...as he supported R when no one was there 4 her........😃

Sidma...A  Bond......of a lifetime😊
arp04srocks thumbnail
Originally posted by: athithi

Great post!!!

Its quite a mature topic - because most people weave their dreams of  a life partner hoping to find someone via  a preexisting bond.. Like you said, these indeed are the lucky ones who find and settle down with a life partner this way..

For the rest, you go through ups and downs - life burns and crashes (like it happened in my case too) and out of the ashes we rise to find a soulmate that lends their hand ..I do honestly think the latter is the stronger..  When  a person has crashed and burnt, every step is taken carefully in the future and we apprecite what we have in hand and never take anything for granted and as a result learn to keep the valuable gift that life has endowed on us..

Like I said, in my life, I had been thru several storms and I have been managing to weather these storms holding my soulmate's hand with my feet firmly on the ground - I doubt if I would have had the emotional maturity to deal with life had my former bond been successful.. may be ..may be not!!

Athithi...thank you for reading and commenting...i agree that the latter the one rebuilt is by far the stronger one...and as you have put it so wonderfully it is all the more stronger b/c the ppl that forge that relationship are all the more cautious...and i totally agree...that if you had to face the hardships of life and were granted with the wonderful gift of a soulmate who is willing to extend their hand to you when you are at your worst..then that you would be more inclined to understand the beauty of having such a wonderful person in your life...and i would believe that you would not just appreciate them more...but you would hold on to them with everything and never ever let them go...for you have seen what life is like both before and without them...and it is not pretty

thank you for sharing your personal story...and i'm glad that you have found your soulmate and that they stand by you through your storms...and as for your previous bonds...one will never know...but i am sure if you stayed you would have faced your own ups and downs and gotten through them and gotten closer...but i agree...i'm not sure it would have been as close as the one you have forged with the soulmate you were gifted with....😊
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Arpppppppppp................wonderful post sweetyyy.........and wat a topic....

But b4 I begin with my share of thots....this line of urs and I was pleasantly shocked not to mention I had to re read it to make sure I was reading it right:

"I don't have much to post about the episodes directly, as I have found many times that my predicting skills come nowhere near those of a certain camel owner I know."

And now to my thots:

Personally, I belong to the foundation that is re built from ground zero.......and I would totally concur with u that having the other foundation would be considered lucky and precious but having been thru an experience of the former foundation, I truly do think, it is priceless...............

Rebuilding foundations is not easy and definitely not something we look forward to ........but infact it is life's hugest challenge thrown upon u..............how u handle it from that point onwards relies entirely on u.........and this becomes the journey of in most true senses, re discovering urself........re discovering ur strenghts and ur weaknesses.......Its not just simply rising from the ashes........but it is indeed rejuvenating ur inner most self, ur soul with new hopes, new horizons and new outlook towards life.........It is strange but stronger than ever determination to re compose urself and prevail all odds once n for all..........and simply shine thru the dark.....the muddy waters....

SR for me have been this beautiful journey as I see a reflection of myself in them each time I see them and the more I gain respect for wat I have experienced in life.........I consider myself lucky to be one of the chosen ones for this challenge of life..........

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
For me.. SR bond is of course stronger.. It helps a person to come back from death, and gives her the 'chaah' to live her life to the fullest all over again :) And this is what matters the most.. Siddhima makes sure to LIVE again.. :) :) Plus one more thing.. It is not always easy to outdo the first love of a woman's life, and make a place for urself in her heart :) And this is what makes SR and many other couple special for me :)

I LOVE n adore them :D

BTW, WONDERFULLLLLLLLLLLL post :D

At the end of the day - Love is there, and we all know its beyond Love as well

But yes affection is what SR need now, like them gradually and slowly deepening their bond and more falling in love - all this romance has to be in the marriage when on-track

Like i say lil romance is essential to progress more feelings, seeing a glow on Ridz and affections and all that

I remember that Yuvi/Ridz scene where she talks about Sid indirectly how he came into her life and held her hand when it was really needed and but she didnt realise back then how badly she needed that, its only today she realises how much it means to her and what it means to her and what you realize by it  

I dont see Ridz has ever regretted Sid coming into her life and giving her life, and holding her hand and also to this day - there is no regret for that i feel

Edited by luvarti - 13 years ago
arp04srocks thumbnail
Originally posted by: uppaas

What a beautiful post and yes I agree with you..a bond made in averse times will always hold a special place in your heart , no matter what.

Even if R walks out on Sid or chooses A she will NEVER EVER forget what she had with Sid , you may not like it but it is there.Also Ar will not be able to build a life togrther after crushing Sid ...as he supported R when no one was there 4 her........😃

Sidma...A  Bond......of a lifetime😊

Thanks for reading and responding😃...yup you are rite about your comments about Ridz never being able to walk away from Sid...they will forever be joined...

and Siddhima is a bond not of a lifetime....but 7 lifetimes 😉
arp04srocks thumbnail
Originally posted by: sajni786

Arpppppppppp................wonderful post sweetyyy.........and wat a topic....

But b4 I begin with my share of thots....this line of urs and I was pleasantly shocked not to mention I had to re read it to make sure I was reading it right:
This is for you 😃😳😆😉😃

"I don't have much to post about the episodes directly, as I have found many times that my predicting skills come nowhere near those of a certain camel owner I know."

And now to my thots:

Personally, I belong to the foundation that is re built from ground zero.......and I would totally concur with u that having the other foundation would be considered lucky and precious but having been thru an experience of the former foundation, I truly do think, it is priceless...............

Rebuilding foundations is not easy and definitely not something we look forward to ........but infact it is life's hugest challenge thrown upon u..............how u handle it from that point onwards relies entirely on u.........and this becomes the journey of in most true senses, re discovering urself........re discovering ur strenghts and ur weaknesses.......Its not just simply rising from the ashes........but it is indeed rejuvenating ur inner most self, ur soul with new hopes, new horizons and new outlook towards life.........It is strange but stronger than ever determination to re compose urself and prevail all odds once n for all..........and simply shine thru the dark.....the muddy waters....

SR for me have been this beautiful journey as I see a reflection of myself in them each time I see them and the more I gain respect for wat I have experienced in life.........I consider myself lucky to be one of the chosen ones for this challenge of life..........

Shilpu...i knew it was coming...once again👏👏

Your views are different yet not....for this is wht i believe too...but i guess i have lived the life of Ridz pre Armaan leaving and thus i am not prone to want to experience the total shattering required for the other relationship...and am hoping that i am one of those that finds my soulmate and b4 i face a major world crash....but i totally concur...that those rebuilt from the ground up are indeed much stronger than the previous ones...and i absolutely LOVE your description about how the rebuilding is done not just to the couple but the broken person as well....and it is so true...for Ridz was able to take Sid's hand and stand up with his support...but until she herself mended she was not able to stand on her own two feet and head forward in life...

And once again friend...you have made me rethink wht i wrote...and you know what...you are right...those that do rise up from the rubble of their former foundations and rebuild a new life with a new person are indeed the lucky ones...for on the surface they may not seem so...and certainly not in the beginning as they face the challenge of life destroying their world...but in the long run...post the storm...they come out with something much much stronger...and much more valuable...

Congrats again Friend...👏

thank you for reading and commenting😃
arp04srocks thumbnail
Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

For me.. SR bond is of course stronger.. It helps a person to come back from death, and gives her the 'chaah' to live her life to the fullest all over again :) And this is what matters the most.. Siddhima makes sure to LIVE again.. :) :) Plus one more thing.. It is not always easy to outdo the first love of a woman's life, and make a place for urself in her heart :) And this is what makes SR and many other couple special for me :)

I LOVE n adore them :D

BTW, WONDERFULLLLLLLLLLLL post :D

Thank you soo much for reading and commenting😃

Agreed...SR bond is indeed much stronger...for they had to learn to re-live together...Sid had to patient enuf to remend a broken Ridz...and Ridz had to be strong enuf to put her faith and trust in a man that was pretty much a stranger at first...but they each did what was necessary...and as a result they got not just to live again...but a rare chance at love...

And SR are indeed a very very special couple...