India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I saw BLACK (my review)

bollyfreak Senior Member
bollyfreak
bollyfreak

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 9:28am | IP Logged

I'm trying to think what to tell you guys about the movie. I am so overly affected by it that i can bearly even think.

I'll tell you that i have never seen Amithab Bachchan and Rani Mukherjee better than what they did in this movie. The chemistry that they shared and teacher and student was like beyond even friendship. They're performances are simply mindblowing.

First AB. i have seen a hell of a lot of movies of his. He is one of my favorite actors. But in this, it's as if he put all of those characters in the past together to make one new one. I say this because he acts out practically every emotion a person can have. He is amazing.

Now Rani. Rani playing a blind and deaf girl makes you feel every emotion she is feeling in every scene. You cheer for her when soemthing good is happening, and when something bad happen, your heart just breaks for her. The performance she has given without any dialogues, shows how versitle and talented she is as an actress. I always liked Rani but after seeing Black, i respect her so much more for doing a role like this. She looks so vulnerable and cute in some scenes, while in others shes in a rage! Rani has outdone herself in Black.

Overall, the movie is not glamorous, thats for sure. So if you ONLY like those kind of movies then i dont think this is the one for you. That is where the movie will falter at the boxoffice. I personally like all types of movies. Serious dramas i love. This is something of that sort. DIalogues are very meaningful. What i love about this movie is that it gives you a new outlook on your own life. It affects you so much where you put yourself in the place of the main character. Now that's called a movie!

9.5/10..........i took off .5 just cuz its not glamorous...personally i dont care but i know overall people would.

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 9:41am | IP Logged
I dont think sanjay leela bhansali cares about the box office, or he wud've made something with greater mass appeal. Your review is such a yummy appetizer, I can't wait to have the main course... Cool Amitabh and Rani will be a real treat....

Thanks a ton!!!
pagpri Groupbie
pagpri
pagpri

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 11:22am | IP Logged
thanks for ur review... i think ill see the movie soon..

shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Thx for ur review!
i'm gonna watch this movie for sure!

*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 11:46am | IP Logged
thanks alot for ur review, I will watch it
kripawgr Goldie
kripawgr
kripawgr

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 11:54am | IP Logged

great bollyfreak you liked it too

its awesome

i am reallyAngry on taran adharsh for giving only 2 stars to such an great movie

i hope everyone watches it and give their suggestion

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by k_fan

i am reallyAngry on taran adharsh for giving only 2 stars to such an great movie

I know, he gives the best movies the worst ratings.

Great review BTW.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top