Debate Mansion

I think this is far-fetched... what do you think

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I think this is far-fetched... what do you think" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:39am | IP Logged
I don't know if it's possible or not, but I do remember once on a flight to Delhi a moron hadn't switched off his phoneAngry

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:55am | IP Logged
I am not sure how much cellphones can impact flight instruments, but I do believe they can.

In my own home I am sometimes tearing my head due to interference. Our computers are all wireless networked. Unfortunately, all our phones happen to be 2.4 Ghz. Every now and then when the phones are in use my PC in the basement flickers in and out of the internet twilight zone.

So maybe cell phones can transmit waves that interfere with on board systems. How critical it can be, I do not know.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
interference with signals can weaken the signal strength for others but that hardly is a reason to nose dive a plain.. if he could see upto 6km... he could even use his intuition and experience... to have a near clean landing... no reason to jump off the cliff!!!!

Sarina, I strongly have doubts that your PC flickering has anything to do with cell phones.. at most it interfers with your internet access.. may be its kind of poltergeist....manifestation.. or something like that...

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 1:09am | IP Logged

Yes there is a chance...cell phones may interfere with the navigation and communication systems of the plane...bt truth is that nobody has ever really studied it or measured the amount of interference.....and cell phone should bann inside the plane cos I feel some people have no sense of manners and will talk loudly and for long periods to the annoyance of other travelers.... people will talk through flight crew announcements and won't hear what is being communicated...on long night flights many passengers just want to get some rest and peace...Cell phones should be banned on all public transportation. Sitting near someone gabbing on a cell phone is annoying! Listening to a one sided conversation is like listening to a lecture.....You can't read, can't sleep. People babble on and on about midless personal crap.Big smile

Edited by Believe - 30 May 2010 at 2:22am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top