The Vampire Diaries

Book Biters: without LJS TVD doesn't exist (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 57

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 3:04am | IP Logged
alrighty then. I guess we have to agree to disagree? lol.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Book Biters: without LJS TVD doesn't exist (Page 7)" in The Vampire Diaries forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 11:10am | IP Logged
LOL. On that i have to agree. :D

Love,
~Jot~

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Okay Radz, stop stealing all my ideas! I swear everything I want to point out, you beat me to it. Everytime, not just this one! I guess I should be happy we think alike, huh.

Still, I wanted to point them out too... *pouts* And, plus, you guys ended this discussion, I had other points I wanted to bring up, but no point now if it's agreed to disagree.

Angel-Jot.

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 1:33am | IP Logged
I still want to know your points!

I thought of more points after I'd posted that Jot and I should agree to disagree. :P

then I forgot them again.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot.-dhruvi

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 10:39am | IP Logged

No worrys! I'm back! LOL Go ahead Dhruvi. We wanna hear them. :D

Love,
~Jot~

Edited by Angad-Kripa#1 - 29 June 2010 at 10:38am

-dhruvi

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 10:51am | IP Logged

Well, I wanted to so bad, but since you agreed to disagree I was like what's the point? But I'm so glad you asked, because I really want to, but I didn't want to start something... so I apologize in advance if my post has anything offensive, I just want to share why I have a passion for DB, to explain to Jot what I see. My reply is solemnly focusing on DB only. DE/SE is explained thoroughly from both POVs from what I've read through.

Before I state whatever I'm about to state, please know that I'm not saying this about all DE shippers or even specifically you, this is point from what I've noticed about a couple fans on other places I use to visit before we had our TVD forum. DB has very little moments throughout the series, so I can see why you may not jump aboard on this ship. It's also understandable if you see that Damon loves Elena more, it's all in personal taste. But what I don't understand is why they choose to ignore the moments DB do share.

Damon just thought of Bonnie as Elena's innocent friend. Thats all. Nothing more or less. Bonnie on the other hand did have a crush on Damon but i don't think he had any feelings for her.

Radz explained Bonnie's part, so I'll explain Damon's part. If you've read NF, you know the bathtub chapter, where Damon takes care of Bonnie. If nothing else made you feel like Damon had feelings for her, this should have, even if it were a tiny bit.  He could NOT let her die, he took care of her. This was the first time LJS showed us Damon had any sexual feelings for her. He was practically boasting about how he finally got 'see' her without breaking any gentleman code/rules-- for the first time in his whole existence had he done this without breaking an rules, and with who better than his baby bird? He said the walls around his heart/soul were breaking, if that's not feeling for Bonnie, I don't know what is. You can say Elena redeemed him, but she did so with the wings, Bonnie managed to 'redeem' him in a way without any powers, she did that just by being alive, the joy that brought to him. When everyone told him to leave her (including herself) he build his wall back up and even Elena couldn't stop him from walking away. Again, not saying he doesn't love Elena, because he does, but he also loves Bonnie; although both for various different reasons. He's drawn to Bonnie's innocence, her trust, the fragile way she yields to him, the subtle strength she awakens in him that makes him willing to save her over and over.

I also understand what you're talking about but Bonnie didn't really know Damon much. She might have thought that Damon has some goodness in him but Elena saw it.

I've seen this expression used for many TVD couples, so I will use it for my DB. "There are no rules for attraction" she doesn't have to know him to be attracted to him. I'm attracted to Paul but I don't know two things about his personal life. Yes, Elena's seen the good in Damon, but so has Bonnie. I mean why else would she call upon him for help? She trusts him; she knows he's not the killer everyone makes him out to be. And as little as the may know each other, they make each other feel important; she makes him feel like her hero, and he makes her feel like she can do anything. And even if you don't see that, chemistry supports them: two opposite ripe for attraction, and that's my Damon and Bonnie.

As for the point I wanted to mention: Damon found Bonnie's innocence amusing, which became touching and compelling. IMO, we will see him recognize that as a strength he lacks. Sweetness and a moral force he needs as a human. They are distant, but getting closer. He doesn't lust after her, like he's done with all the women in his past. They have a connection;  that comforts her, makes her feel safe around him. I hope in Midnight they realize what they truly mean to each other,  but that's all a girl can do for right now: hope.

Angel-Jot.Anhdara13

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 11:00am | IP Logged

I understand where you are coming from. But like i said to Radz, the connection that you DB fans see between them, i see it in DE. I know why you DB fans are DB fans now but i still think that DB don't really share the relationship that you all see between them. So it's better if we just agree to disagree as well Dhruvi.Tongue Oh wow.Dhruvi, i think i already had this convo with you like a few weeks ago or something right?LOL Wow. I just had deja-vu.ConfusedLOL I like DB too but i don't like them as a couple.Embarrassed

Love,
~Jot~ 

Edited by Angad-Kripa#1 - 29 June 2010 at 11:00am

-dhruvi

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 11:22am | IP Logged

Yeah we did, and I agree we're better off agreeing to disagree.

I know why you DB fans are DB fans now but i still think that DB don't really share the relationship that you all see between them.

But I have to comment on this, sorry lol. I don't know what you've read from other bamonators but personally I do NOT see them as a couple yet either. I'm not reading anything and making it a love story between them. I know they are not anything romantic. Far from as of right now. But I can't deny myself that they do have feeling for one another. An attraction is there, whether you like to see it or not. LJ Smith has put it there from the beginning, she's said it plently on interviews that Bonnie and Elena are both love interests in Damon's life. So we're not making anything up, at least I'm not. There are extras stories of LJ Smith personally on her site regarding these two. So I know I'm not seeing any extra that's not already there. And again I'm not saying you, but I've read lots of similiar comments like this from DE shippers, saying we see things that aren't there... whether we see things that aren't or they don't want to see what's there, we'll find out when the last book comes out. And we know who is endgame. But regardless I can see even then we won't drop our ships for nothing, so back to square one where we agree to disagree.

Angel-Jot.Anhdara13

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

The Vampire Diaries Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.