The Vampire Diaries

Book Biters: without LJS TVD doesn't exist (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 57

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 23 June 2010 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
^ No way, me too. I didn't buy any of the return ones so far.
Heck yessss about the M/D/A comment.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Book Biters: without LJS TVD doesn't exist (Page 6)" in The Vampire Diaries forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 25 June 2010 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
^Well you guys say hi to a DE fan! LOL. I actually thought Damon and Elena were really cute in Shadow Souls. I totally understood Elena's feelings and how caring Damon was...sigh. So cute. I knew Stefan and Elena were meant for each other but still i really wanted DE together. Damon and Bonnie never really clicked for me. Can someone tell me what exactly appealed to you all about them? I really need some insight on that because i can't really seem to see it and there are many DB fans so i'd actually like to know. DM on the other hand would actually be a good couple in the book. In the show Matt and Caroline are just too cute to have them not being with each other. They're way too cute and close now.
Andhara i'm all for it! No couple bashing, just a healthy discussion. Got it.Wink 
PS. Can someone tell me if Shadow Souls is the last book of VD? From my point of view Shadow Souls didn't really have the perfect ending i wanted..Confused 

Love,
~Jot~

Edited by Ambrosia - 27 June 2010 at 12:46pm

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 25 June 2010 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
Nahhh. We have Midnight which will be the last of the Damon trilogy. Rumor has it she will continue another trilogy with Stefan as main focus now.

As for our discussion I shall be back to edit (:

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot.

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 26 June 2010 at 2:03am | IP Logged
yay for healthy discussion. (:

okay, I see the fascination with DE. I think I'd be okay with it (because honestly, they do have chemistry) except for the fact that Elena constantly goes on and on and on about how Stefan is her 'one and only'. If she didn't do that, and the scenes between DE happened, I'd be okay with it, because in the end, she's a teenage girl and her really hot vampire boyfriend has a really hot (and seductive) older vampire brother. Hormones anyone? LOL The attraction and connection is there - it's the fact that she takes Stefan for granted, in a sense, and constantly refers to him as her 'soulmate' when making out with his brother that gets to me. In the end, to me, SE are meant to be, but if she wants to explore her options before realising that, okay. Just don't say one guy is your soulmate when you're making out with his brother, please. /rantover LOL

DB - I think what I like about them is that they are so different. The way Damon treats Bonnie is like she's delicate - not fragile or a child. Everyone else in the series seems to treat her like she can't do anything, and she's weak. Damon treats her like she's unaware of her Power. There's some nuances in the books that have me leaning towards that slant at least. I don't know if it's explicitly stated. But when I read it, I read it with the sense that Damon sees that Bonnie has the potential to be really Powerful, but she's unaware of it, and he wants to nurture that and protect that. He sees an innocence in her that has him being nice without wanting anything else. And she trusts him, with her life, without having any real reason to. There's a connection there, not explicit or anything, but it's there. They see each other in ways no one else does. That's what I love about them.

Angel-Jot.

tithi21

Groupbie

tithi21

Posted: 26 June 2010 at 4:53am | IP Logged
I don't like DB in the books and that's because I don't like Bonnie that much in the books.Bonnie is really innocent ,naive and weak there,not a strong person but I'm a book Elena fan.That's why I may like DE more in the books.The main thing I liked about DE in the books that both Damon and Elena are kind of similar in personality, both are strong and somehow dark and after time passes they both change as a better person although Elena become good because of Stefan but Damon has played a role in it.Another thing I like the strong sexual tension between DE and that the book DE don't go with the situation where Show Elena is kind of totally different and always go with situation ,so I think Show DE would not serve me the same purpose. As for DB in the books, I don't like that Damon is so protective about Bonnie, from the first time he is kind of attached to her(Alaric's party),  I never like this type of relationship.I know SE is soul mate and Stefan is Elena's true love but DE relation is more entertaining to me in the books.

To tell you truth,I think Show Writers have somehow messed up , they should not change Elena's character that much because The main essence of  SE and DE have come from her character.SE compliments each other in the books because they are different and completes each other and DE is enjoyable because they both are dark and change as a better person(not go with the situation).Now,In the show if Damon becomes more better person just because of a good girl Elena, is kind of cliche plot to me.As for DB,I adore Bonnie in the show and she is mixture of Meredith and Bonnie and Show Damon is also kind of more bad-ass than the book.

This is just my opinion,I have no intention for  any of the couple bashing.

Edited by tithi21 - 26 June 2010 at 5:03am

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

Posted: 26 June 2010 at 1:57pm | IP Logged

@ Andhahra. Hmm well i really thought that Damon just thought of Bonnie as Elena's innocent friend. Thats all. Nothing more or less. Bonnie on the other hand did have a crush on Damon but i don't think he had any feelings for her. Elena was only trying to convince herself and making sure she didn't take the wrong decision by calling Stefan her soulmate and honestly, i think she meant it because she wouldn't have gone through all that if she didn't think Stefan was her life or something. Damon was the one to kiss her first and so we all knew that Elena deep down had feelings for him and those feelings were bound to resurface when Damon kissed her. Thanks Dhruvi! Midnight huh?? Interesting.....

Love,
~Jot~

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 27 June 2010 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Jot - I get where you come from, but I think (personal feeling, not trying to impose my views on anyone) that calling someone your 'other half' and your 'heart' and then making out with anyone else (no matter who kissed who, she kissed him back!) is just not right. Elena honestly believes Stefan is 'the one', I agree - but to string Damon along like that - despite what she may feel for him, in the end she'll go back to Stefan, and then Damon, whose feelings for her are pretty intense, will be left heartbroken, and isn't that somewhat like Katherine all over again? Or not quite, because Elena will make a choice (hopefully) - but wouldn't the brothers relationship be ruined beyond repair because of another girl they both love, and who loves them both, albeit in different ways?

I don't think Elena's in love with Damon. I think she's attracted to him, definitely, and there is a connection, but I don't think she loves him - but she's confused, and in that manner - she's confusing Damon as well. Since she's confused, I think rather than try to latch onto Stefan and hail him her 'soulmate' and whatnot, she should take a step back and assess her feelings. Yes, with everything that's going on that would be tough - but three people depend (maybe four, if we count Bonnie) on this matter.

As for Bonnie - she finds Damon attractive, but I don't think she has a crush on him. She had one before she knew he was a vampire, but I don't think that's there anymore. Now it's simple attraction and a connection, based on the events of Dark Reunion and their own inexplainable feelings for one another. Bonnie sees something redeemable in him, and she was the first to do so, not so much Elena. Maybe it was her naivity initially that saw it, but she was right about it. And Damon sees something strong about her - he wants to protect her, but he doesn't baby her like everyone else does.

He's her protector because he wants to be, not because he has to be, and she calls on him for protection because she trusts him. I don't know if this will turn out to be romantic (though I hope so because there have been hints of it) but that connection is there, and that's why I like the DB relationship.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tithi21Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

Posted: 27 June 2010 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
@Andhara. I also understand what you're talking about but Bonnie didn't really know Damon much. She might have thought that Damon has some goodness in him but Elena saw it. She was exposed to it and so i don't blame Elena for doing what she did. She found out how Damon was hiding the real Damon and she felt for him. Even i was so heartbroken after reading that part about Damon. I know that Elena might have been leading Damon on, unknowingly but she still made it clear to him quite a few times that she loved Stefan and no one else. I really didn't see the connection between DB and you know what the fascinating thing is? I saw the same connection but i saw it between DE instead of DB.

~Jot~

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

The Vampire Diaries Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.