The Vampire Diaries

Book Biters: without LJS TVD doesn't exist (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 57

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 13 June 2010 at 9:44am | IP Logged

Can we still discuss generally about the books?Embarrassed

I remember being a huge fans of LJS ... unfortunately I grew out of the whole adventure/detailed storyline books.  Although I did read the initial TVD series to the end.

From what I can vaguely remember, both the books and TV shows are great in their own right.  I like how the producers took the world of LJS and altered it to make the show what it is today.

But one thing bugs me:

As much as I love Nina, how hard is it to make someone blonde?Ermm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Anhdara13-dhruviRaee_Salvatore

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Book Biters: without LJS TVD doesn't exist (Page 3)" in The Vampire Diaries forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 13 June 2010 at 10:03am | IP Logged
I'm back to discuss the books (to death) because I can't discuss the show (yet). I shall finish it within the week! I hope. LOL

okay, questions that you've posed, Dhruvi - let's see what my speculations are! (they change a lot, so I'm just going to put down what I think at the moment and why.)

1. I actually think they might kill Bonnie, because of her prediction in the first book - the vision someone in her family had of her being young in her coffin. If LJS remembers that detail (considering she's forgotten small things like the colour of Bonnie's eyes and hair) than she may bring that up. But maybe she won't be dead-dead, but get turned. She'd still technically have 'died young'.

2. I don't think her secret is that she's a supernatural creature. maybe Klaus wasn't the first vampire to have come across her family? she's extremely secretive, but she seemed a little unaware of the supernatural world in the beginning - though it's suspicious that she figured out that Elena wasn't as dead as everyone thought. hmm, maybe she's like the dude in Sixth Sense, she sees dead people. LOL

3. oohh, maybe Klaus? but he'd be dead right? completely 'cos that'd be stupid to bring him back. Probably Katherine - to 'spice up' the D/E/S triangle. (btw, can I rant about that triangle soon?) or Tyler - but I don't find that so much shocking.

[now to answer the questions I posed!]

4. Sage really interested me when he showed up. Am I the only one who thinks he doesn't see Elena in a romantic light (unlike every other male in the book) but rather seems to be more like a brother? I read more sparks between Damon and Sage than Elena and Sage. I think he may be in love with Damon. From the first interaction, that's certainly what it seemed like, with him being all like a jilted lover. Read it again and tell me what you think. I also think he's not an ordinary vampire. He may not have an agenda (the book didn't seem to hint so much at it) but he's not frank with them - maybe he's an Old One with a connection to Klaus?

5. I think in this case, it might be Matt or Bonnie. Everyone (at the TVD.net forum at least, when I read theories there) seems to think it might be Meredith, 'cos no one knows anything much about her - but that seems too predictable. I hope it's either Matt or Bonnie, or even Mrs Flowers or Elena. It'd be unexpected to say the least. Maybe in the defence of someone? Sometimes emotions run high - like when we're frightened and angry, we don't completely think straight. I just really hope it's not Meredith.

@ Tomiko: I may be a little too old to be reading such books, but I've got to say, I love them! I think, in reference to making Nina blonde - maybe Nina doesn't look good as a blonde, but she was the best actress who auditioned? From an interview I remember seeing, it was said that Nina's tape was extremely impressive and she almost immediately got casted though she wasn't informed at first and was made to go through more casting calls. If the actress is brilliant, but doesn't look the part, the looks can be adjusted - I'd prefer an excellent actress who may differ in looks from how it's described to an actress who looks the part but is an average actress. just my opinion. who knows why they didn't dye her hair! maybe we should find out. LOL

and I wrote an essay. this is what happens when I come on the forum after a week. LOL wedding's over, means more time to myself and to watch (and discuss) TVD. XD

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-dhruviRaee_Salvatore

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 13 June 2010 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Dude, I guess the reason why I missed your questions was because I was focusing on the spoilers LJS gave us, ahahaha. But those are amazing answers. Hmmmm... my answers a tad diff but I see where you're coming from. Still freakin' busy and I want to type a novel of an answer so I promise you'll see mine soon!

I'm too old as well, but I love them! Sadly, even addicted to be honest. As for the blonde comment; I watched the show first and then read the books in between the first haitus. So Nina stuck to me, for Elena in the show because Show Elena is diff than book Elena. Had the book and show ones been the same, Nina not being a blonde would have bugged me. But this Elena is not the IT girl, so I'm okay with her being natural. I've heard some Elena fans say they don't like Nina at all, that they wonder how she blew them away because she 'cannot' act.

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 13 June 2010 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
I know! I heard those comments about that as well - but Nina's like freaking amazing! She portrays the vulnerability of Elena really well, as well as this strength that pops up every once in awhile. She's really good.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-dhruviRaee_Salvatore

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 9:45am | IP Logged
I personally like Nina, I think she has that gorgeousness to her that Damon is in love with. The innocence that makes Stefan love her. So I'm happy with her so far.

Physically none of the cast are perfect-perfect. The bros are the closest. I mean look at Bon-Bon: instead of being a redhead and tiny like a kitten we have Kat who has a darker complexion and very much diff than Book Bonnie. But I fell for Kat as Bonnie, no one else can portrey her better for me.

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 16 June 2010 at 10:56am | IP Logged
1. I'm sure it's Bonnie too! Though I remember vagely reading something that said LJS or someone... that the death is permenant, not a vampire-turning death. I'm hoping for a vampire turning death, because if Bonnie dies for real and not come back, I'll cry. Damon deserves a happy ending too and I really hoped his ending was with his baby bird. SE are soulmates. I'm not sure for any other couples, I have a theory Flowers will help M/C happen...

2. Okay so in my own world I had come up with the most typical and predictable answer: she's a were. But when you bring in points like the ones you did, you make my imagination and reasoning look retarted! You're theory makes much more sense. I love it! I just firguired that the family 'hate' on the vamps had to do with the the family have some connection to be weres. Not all of them, just some, somewhere down the generation line. I'm not sure of why why this fact wouldn't have been brought of earlier, it could have made the story.. interesting. So, dropping my theory for yours *hugs*

3. Though it's predictible I'm sticking with my theory of Tyler. I mean she never really said he died for sure. We infered that from whatever was written. Plus, he helps with my Meredith theory. If she's a were and he's a were, it all makes sense...I think. IDK, I just  want July to come!

4. Sage... hmmm this question has bothered me so much. I honestly, cannot figuire out who he is and what he wants. But I do agree he doesn't see Elena in that sense. I didn't buy any of the return books, I borrowed them from a friend, so I'll go with what I remember... and come to think of it, maybe he does like Damon that way...uhhmm. I agree he's not ordinary, and I also thought he was an Old One, he sure sounds like one. I have this theory but it's not very logical... maybe he came to get Elena to bring Klaus back. It would support your thoery on Klaus return, it would be shocking but make sense. IDK what do you think of this?

5. At first I wanted to say Meredith, but like you said she's seems most predictable. I hadn't thought about Matt or Bonnie and the more I think of it I think it's Bonnie. That would be the least expected, IMO. Not sure of the motivation behind it-- if it were on purpose, but I'm sure it will make sense once LJS tells us! I'm anxiously waiting for this question to answered the most!

Okay, I think I'm done explaining... go ahead Radz, rant about the triangle. I'm guessing it's from the books because I bet the wedding is still on and you have episodes to see still, correct?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anhdara13

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 17 June 2010 at 4:18am | IP Logged
oohh, Mere as a were? (rhyming much? haha!) interesting. never thought of that - but it makes sense. same with Tyler's return - but that's not so much 'shocking' right? Sage bringing Klaus back? but Sage, as ambiguous as he seems, doesn't seem to be an out-and-out bad guy. idk, guess for that we'll have to wait and see.

wedding's over, so I'll watch TVD soon.
and rant will come, promise! I've got loads to say on what they're doing to SE in the books. :(

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-dhruvi

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 17 June 2010 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Yeah Sage is the only one who I can't really guess...correctly. If my other theories are right that is.

Yay. Can't wait for you're breakdowns!You'll do them here right? Do sorta a comparision or something? Same for the SE, waiting for it :D

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

The Vampire Diaries Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.