Posted: 13 June 2010 at 10:03am | IP Logged
I'm back to discuss the books (to death) because I can't discuss the show (yet). I shall finish it within the week! I hope.
okay, questions that you've posed, Dhruvi - let's see what my speculations are! (they change a lot, so I'm just going to put down what I think at the moment and why.)
1. I actually think they might kill Bonnie, because of her prediction in the first book - the vision someone in her family had of her being young in her coffin. If LJS remembers that detail (considering she's forgotten small things like the colour of Bonnie's eyes and hair) than she may bring that up. But maybe she won't be dead
-dead, but get turned. She'd still technically have 'died young'.
2. I don't think her secret is that she's a supernatural creature. maybe Klaus wasn't the first vampire to have come across her family? she's extremely secretive, but she seemed a little unaware of the supernatural world in the beginning - though it's suspicious that she figured out that Elena wasn't as dead as everyone thought. hmm, maybe she's like the dude in Sixth Sense, she sees dead people.
3. oohh, maybe Klaus? but he'd be dead right? completely 'cos that'd be stupid to bring him back. Probably Katherine - to 'spice up' the D/E/S triangle. (btw, can I rant about that triangle soon?) or Tyler - but I don't find that so much shocking.
[now to answer the questions I posed!]
4. Sage really interested me when he showed up. Am I the only one who thinks he doesn't see Elena in a romantic light (unlike every other male in the book) but rather seems to be more like a brother? I read more sparks between Damon and Sage than Elena and Sage. I think he may be in love with Damon. From the first interaction, that's certainly what it seemed like, with him being all like a jilted lover. Read it again and tell me what you think. I also think he's not an ordinary vampire. He may not have an agenda (the book didn't seem to hint so much at it) but he's not frank with them - maybe he's an Old One with a connection to Klaus?
5. I think in this case, it might be Matt or Bonnie. Everyone (at the TVD.net forum at least, when I read theories there) seems to think it might be Meredith, 'cos no one knows anything much about her - but that seems too predictable. I hope it's either Matt or Bonnie, or even Mrs Flowers or Elena. It'd be unexpected to say the least. Maybe in the defence of someone? Sometimes emotions run high - like when we're frightened and angry, we don't completely think straight. I just really hope it's not Meredith.
@ Tomiko: I may be a little too old to be reading such books, but I've got to say, I love them! I think, in reference to making Nina blonde - maybe Nina doesn't look good as a blonde, but she was the best actress who auditioned? From an interview I remember seeing, it was said that Nina's tape was extremely impressive and she almost immediately got casted though she wasn't informed at first and was made to go through more casting calls. If the actress is brilliant, but doesn't look the part, the looks can be adjusted - I'd prefer an excellent actress who may differ in looks from how it's described to an actress who looks the part but is an average actress. just my opinion. who knows why they didn't dye her hair! maybe we should find out.
and I wrote an essay. this is what happens when I come on the forum after a week.
wedding's over, means more time to myself and to watch (and discuss) TVD. XD