Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Nayab-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Nayab-

Posted: 28 May 2010 at 7:56pm | IP Logged

Hi,

I read an article a while back which said that the Vampire Diaries show is only based (very) loosely on the books...

That got me thinking... For those of you who have read the books... Are you disappointed that the show doesn't follow them a lot more in terms of their storylines/couples etc?

Which storyline/scene in particular (from the books) would you have liked to see?

Would love to hear your comments Smile...

Take Care

Edited by -Nayab- - 28 May 2010 at 7:58pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are you disappointed?" in The Vampire Diaries forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rachu_1987

IF-Sizzlerz

Rachu_1987

Posted: 31 May 2010 at 10:42am | IP Logged
i read part of book 1....and i have to say i was more disappointed in the books lol...maybe cuz i ddnt read them all...but i thought the show was much better....maybe members who have read the book might think otherwise?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nayab-

Salz.

IF-Sizzlerz

Salz.

Posted: 31 May 2010 at 11:35am | IP Logged
well i like the books and movies in different ways.
guys you have to remember the books are old..in the 90's some the sutff was cool and not so cool today.

i think of them as different specimens and dont compare them..like i would compare the Hp books and movies

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ash_Salz-dhruvi-Nayab-

guju_girl1

IF-Rockerz

guju_girl1

Posted: 31 May 2010 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Well for once I am NOT dissapointed!!
Ususally the books are better but not this time!
The show is AMAZING and I've read the books though they are good I have to say the the show is better!!! no offence to book fans! I think the show story line is better than the book!!

(I like the way the show has more of Damon! the books barely show the guy!)

>333 Shraddha!!!

Edited by guju_girl1 - 31 May 2010 at 2:16pm

-Nayab-

babii.girl

IF-Sizzlerz

babii.girl

Posted: 31 May 2010 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
well.. i havent read the boooks but im pretty sure the shows better.
just like GG, the show is very loosely based  on the book..
just the same names, and some attributes, and thats about it.
i like thats its different.

-Nayab-

sabet

sabet

Posted: 31 May 2010 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Actually, this is only Season 1 and I like the show but still we have to wait for the upcoming seasons to compare the books and show which one is better.For me, I like the both but watch them in different point of view.

Edited by sabet - 31 May 2010 at 2:38pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-dhruvi-Nayab-

Rachu_1987

IF-Sizzlerz

Rachu_1987

Posted: 01 June 2010 at 4:01am | IP Logged
what about the characters? ive heard some members talk about how the characters are so different....is it a good thing or a bad thing in your view?

-Nayab-

guju_girl1

IF-Rockerz

guju_girl1

Posted: 01 June 2010 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rachu_1987

what about the characters? ive heard some members talk about how the characters are so different....is it a good thing or a bad thing in your view?
ohh ya good question!!

Matt is exactly the same from the books!! Jeremy doesn't exist in the books so can't really say that! Umm Caroline is much nicer in the show so I likse her better in the show  and Stefan is mostly  the same I think he is a bit more laid back in the show so love him in the show! And LOVE Damon in the show!! like I said before there isn't much to judge him from in the books!! But mostly I like Elena in the show better cause she is a COMPLETELY different person in the show she is much nicer, more normal and I guess Nina just plays her character REALLY well!! So pverall I think the Cast in th show is MUCH better than the books!!

(whew that was a long post lozzzLOL)

>333 Shraddha

-Nayab-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.