Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

c.r.y.s.t.a.l

c.r.y.s.t.a.l

Posted: 27 May 2010 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
Hey guys!

I thought i'd bring up the topic of how different bonnie is in the show compared to the books. book bonnie is very fragile and weak where as show bonnie is strong and fierce.

I personally like show bonnie better because book bonnie pissed me off with her sort of wimpy attitude. juss my opinion... please dont hate on me if you dont agree.

which bonnie do u like more??

** PLEASE COMMENT **

THANK YOU!!

Edited by c.r.y.s.t.a.l - 27 May 2010 at 7:41pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-dhruvi..DamonCrazy..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bonnie" in The Vampire Diaries forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Adorable_Anu*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Adorable_Anu*

Posted: 28 May 2010 at 12:01am | IP Logged
I've never read the books, and after what you said, i'm glad i didn't. Bonnie's my fav character and it's because of the fact that she's strong & confident. There's no way i can see bonnie weak & wimpy. Love her the way she is, and i hope she doesn't change. :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

smilee17Sananya09

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 28 May 2010 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
Well, sweety all the characters are somewhat different, you have to admit, Elena, Damon, Caroline, Tyler, even Stefan... so of course Bonnie would be diff. 

Book Bonnie wasn't wimpy or weak in my opinion, she was written as the "child" in the series. Every book has one, and most times I tend to roll my eyes at those characters, but I loved Bonnie's development. Sure she seemed immature in the beginning, but when faced with danger does she mature or what. Even though she's scared, because she needs to protect people she cares about, she grows up. She too me, is the only human voice, in the whole series.Even though TV Bonnie is diff, they're not complete opposites either, she too is trying to grasp her powers and her true identity. Except this Bonnie is already mature and strong, how book Bonnie is likely to become someday.  I think she's a little like Meredith to make up for her lack in the show. And to be honest, they need a tougher Bonnie anyways because Damon in the show is more vicious. Regardless, both are loyal, powerful, and most importantly selfless.

As for my fave, I think I like book Bonnie just a tad more. Either ways, Bonnie is my fave character, book or show. (:

Edited by dhruvi. - 28 May 2010 at 7:32pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sananya09

-Nayab-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Nayab-

Posted: 28 May 2010 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Adorable_Anu*

I've never read the books, and after what you said, i'm glad i didn't. Bonnie's my fav character and it's because of the fact that she's strong & confident. There's no way i can see bonnie weak & wimpy. Love her the way she is, and i hope she doesn't change. :)

Completely agree LOL...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

smilee17

guju_girl1

IF-Rockerz

guju_girl1

Posted: 12 June 2010 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
Totally!!!
Bonnie in the books was just annoying. The way she kept saying
everything was sooo romantic.... ummm okay then lolzzz.

The show bonnie is ALOT better!!!

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 12 June 2010 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
To be honest all the characters started out in a 'annoying' matter. They all had problem throughout. I think what LJS was trying to do is show that no one is perfect. Each person had their flaws and Bonnie's was this. I could bring out many things from other characters that I found worse. Wimpy or not, everyone being condescending towards Bonnie made them equally as annoying if not worse. Like, pick on the 'baby' of the group, you're cool. JMO, sorry if I offended anyone or their views. (:

KajenLuva

KajenLuva

Posted: 13 June 2010 at 2:59am | IP Logged
I haven't read the books either but from what I hear, I find that the show enhances the book so much more. I mean usually it's the movies/tv shows who attempt to justify the book, but tvd improves it and makes it viewable and not something where everybody would no the storyline completely. It's edgy yet takes the essence of the story.

For example, Elena in the book from what I heard is a blonde, popular typical top of the high school caste system. But in TVD they try to make it relatable to people, in which case it does.

As for bonnie, I loved bonnie for her independant strong personality. I mean she is sucha good representation of how women should be (in which case many of us are LOL ) and so, if bonnie was shown to be weak, perhaps she would have never got the fan following she has gotten today.

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 13 June 2010 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
No, I agree with the changes. I honestly think that changes the show had made are what the characters would be someday in the future in the books. In the books, the main thing a author must do is show character growth. Hence, that. As I said one another thread where it asked if book fans were disappointed, that the changes were my fave part because it give even the readers the element of suprise. I like both things for diff reasons.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top