Poll

Wud u have enjoyed JJKN more if Purab had not been in it for so long?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Starryskies thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Purab was damn boring 😑

xsonyxo thumbnail
the show was good when purab was in it, but the whole jassi getting married to purab was going nowhere, they'd get married, THE END. .., i'm glad he's out, now the story's following it's original script n it's much better seeing jassi with armaan!! 😳😳😳
jprasad thumbnail
Good question Queenbee!!! I was going to bring about this poll myself,
but you beat me to it!!   πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

To answer your question, "Wud u have enjoyed JJKN more if Purab had not
been in it for so long?" I am going to take the long way to answer your
question. I think I have mentioned this before, but let me say it again. I
have watched Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin from day 1 and to tell you the truth,
the only time the show became boring for me was when Purab was on.
During this Purab era. I wasn't to worried if I missed an episode, cuz the
story was sort of stagnant. I couldn't figure out what was going with
Armaan and Jassi's characters. They were being portrayed as basically
not with it. Purab, on the other hand, was portrayed as the only with any
brains, which I thought was unfair as the story was supposed to revolve
around Jassi.

When I joined this forum, I learned that the battle of JJKN big boys was
going on. I didn't realize that there was such a huge Purab following that
had all of a sudden occured even though, he was just in the show to
lengthen the show. However, it didn't phase me too much and I thought
it would die off...yeah, right!!!!

My vote always goes to Armaan and Jassi. I knew from the way the story
was going that it would take sometime before their love would come to
blossom and as we know it has taken over a year for Armaan to start
realizing. To me, Jassi and Armaan have the share the same chemistry on
small screen as SRK and Kajol do on the big screen. When I think of Jassi,
I think KKHH and Anjali being able to be with the one who she had always
loved.

I am one of those people who thinks that sometimes it is a dream come
true to be with the person whom you have always loved. I can speak, cuz
I am with the one who is with a wonderful man who grants most of my
wishes...well, I asked for a bigger diamond, he told me I was out of my
mind and this is why I say he grants my wishes most of the time.... πŸ˜ƒ
Anyway, if my husband had not come into my life and swept me off my
feet, I would have done the same as Jassi which is to marry someone who
my parents approved of and hoped for the best.

Having said all this, before I joined this forum and knew anything about
this battle, I always watched JJKN, Purab's presense did not annoy me as I
knew Jassi's heart was always with Armaan. Everyone remembers that
Jassi was planning on marrying Purab to make her family happy and start
a new life. Perhaps some viewers were hoping that just like in every other
indian serial that came on that once you marry someone, you eventually
fall in love with them. Alas, this is not happening and people are bitter
about Purab's departure are really missing out on a wonderful change
that is taking place in JJKN.

I know I rambled on quite a bit and now I will stop. I don't know how
much of this made any sense, but I had to say all this to make my
argument.

πŸ˜ƒ
queenbee thumbnail
Awww.... jprasad.... I agree with everything u say... and THIS IN PARTICULAR.... (although i wudn't put it in quite such forgiving words!! I'm more like SHEEEEEEEEEEESH):

Everyone remembers that Jassi was planning on marrying Purab to make her family happy and start a new life. Perhaps some viewers were hoping that just like in every other indian serial that came on that once you marry someone, you eventually fall in love with them. Alas, this is not happening and people are bitter about Purab's departure are really missing out on a wonderful change that is taking place in JJKN.
ides thumbnail
I found the show interesting when Purab was around (now there's news flash for u allπŸ˜‰).....

what appealed to me abt P&J relationship was that he was someone with whom Jassi was not a doormat....she looked up at him but at the same time she could hold her own with him.... despie her hang ups and insecurities abt herself........ and it just led the audience to believe that the ugly ducking does not have to change into a beautiful swan to get her prince charming to fall in love with her......

Now I know the actual story was along the lines of Jassi waiting for her pumpkin to turn into a handsome frog........but the pumpkin was getting rotton.....and even after it did turn into the handsome frog, Jassi would still have to kiss him to turn him into her prince.....Believe me, I was becoming a tad impatient with all the dragging and detouring..... Edited by ides - 19 years ago
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

wow jprasad,that was so very touching😊.Thanks for sharing.

I agree with you completely/purab was good,but with him the story was going nowhere.

When Jassi met Armaan,what was the equation? Even if we leave out the whole issue of her ugliness,Armaan was the rich,sophisticated drop dead gorgeous specimen of the male species born with the proverbial silver spoon in his mouth who had the most beautiful girls prone at his feet every step of the way,the chairman of a company who was engaged to a very suitable girl from his own background.And Jassi? A middle class inexperienced girl for whom a job meant survival,whose only hope of going anywhere was her degree and someone to recognise it's worth.Now add to it her ugliness and her unsophisticated ways and that meant the easiest alternative of finding a good match and settling down in domesticity was difficult,if not imposssible.And that girl fell in love with a man even the best of girls can only hope to get.Could Jassi have ever imagined that she was capable of rousing so much passion in any man,least of all a rake like Armaan who at one time was thought of not even having any feelings??For whom a girl was equivalent to  use and throw sponge??That he would fall in love with her??

For me,the thought of loving someone so out of reach and then one day be loved in return by that very person to the point of madness,irrespective of the trials and tribulations one would inevitably go through in such a case,is ultimate in romance in my eyes.

Purab definitely would have been a good life partner to Jassi and maybe Jassi would have been happy with him,living a life of comfort and security but he would never have been the love,the twisting urge in the heart which could leave Jassi  shudduring with a tsunami of emotion,which can only be brought about by the passion Armaan is capable of.   

Today,the ugli duckling has already got her prince without changing into a swan.But it's ironic that she doesn't know it.

meearthbigfan thumbnail
purab ke bina jjkn kuch bhi nahin purab is the best
jprasad thumbnail
wow Minnie!! Well said! πŸ˜›
MR2006 thumbnail
Purab was a great character. No matter what, everyone I believe will agree with that even if it is Armaan or Nandy that they like. He was a great character, very ideal, maybe a bit to mature (not by age) for some of our tastes.
Princess thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Engager 5 Thumbnail + 5
Well said by all Armaan fans.........and i think u said it all.........i don't need to add anything else as i agree with u. But just in case someone doesn't know.....i hated the story when purab was there. He was not-true at all and was sooooooooooooo boring, and was putting me to sleep