Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spiritcrimson thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Anhdara13

it's so freaking annoying. I think they took the 'I'm never the one' from season one - and then went and had caroline hook up with practically all the guys on the show. >.< erm, whut? 

RIGHT? ergh, no one asks him how he's dealing with having no family, having to work to support himself, and dealing with the supernatural and losing his girlfriend to it and his best friend all on his own. it's so sad. he and bonnie are the two people I love the most and their stories are the most tragic in a way.

klaus/bonnie (heck, bonnie/any original) would be so badass because she would not take anyone's crap. she's too strong for that. she'd challenge klaus - and I could see him being so taken with her power, and then her stubbornness. the fanfictions online are better written than the show rn actually.

you know, the 'im never the one' was actually what had me shipping Matt/Caro so hard. Caroline was practically insignificant in season 1. Matt saw her for who she was. An actual person. He hung out with her, helped her, was her friend, and then finally he fell in love with her. He was the first person to have loved her for her. Doesn't that count for something? Tyler hardly cared much about Caroline in season one, right? Matt was the only guy who truly loved her for who she was. He's her humanity, and it looks like Caroline herself forgot she loved Matt so damn much, that she sang for him, and fought her vampire urges to be with him.  The Writers honestly ruined such a beautiful relationship.

Bonnie is a badass character, really. I loved how Caroline stood up for Bonnie in the last episode. I know it wasn't Elena's fault, but I'm just sick of the entire 'elena is in danger, let's save her and to hell with the others' thing. Because Bonnie always loses someone. First her Grams, then Elena sent Jeremy away, and now her mother. 

I love Bonnie, and I love and miss Season 1 and 2 Caroline. I like this Caroline too, it's just, them making every damn person fall for her is getting a little annoying.

I honestly am not liking the show all that much this season. 
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: spiritcrimson

you know, the 'im never the one' was actually what had me shipping Matt/Caro so hard. Caroline was practically insignificant in season 1. Matt saw her for who she was. An actual person. He hung out with her, helped her, was her friend, and then finally he fell in love with her. He was the first person to have loved her for her. Doesn't that count for something? Tyler hardly cared much about Caroline in season one, right? Matt was the only guy who truly loved her for who she was. He's her humanity, and it looks like Caroline herself forgot she loved Matt so damn much, that she sang for him, and fought her vampire urges to be with him.  The Writers honestly ruined such a beautiful relationship.

Bonnie is a badass character, really. I loved how Caroline stood up for Bonnie in the last episode. I know it wasn't Elena's fault, but I'm just sick of the entire 'elena is in danger, let's save her and to hell with the others' thing. Because Bonnie always loses someone. First her Grams, then Elena sent Jeremy away, and now her mother. 

I love Bonnie, and I love and miss Season 1 and 2 Caroline. I like this Caroline too, it's just, them making every damn person fall for her is getting a little annoying.

I honestly am not liking the show all that much this season. 

red: ohmygosh yes, this is what I've been trying to say to people! I can never make it quite so eloquent. They were friends first, they both had to get past their preconceived notions of each other, they built a friendship - and then they fell in love. He loved her even after he found out she was a vampire - he saved her (and Tyler) when he could have easily let them both suffer since he'd been 'compelled' to forget. He didn't have to do that, but he loved her, he still loves her. He still sees her as Caroline. She's still the Caroline he fell in love with, just now she won't age. And frankly, I think if he were ever given the choice? he'd choose to turn to spend eternity with her.

red: YES. YESYESYESYESYES. I love you for putting that into words.

blue: I agree with this. and you know what I really hate? that Bonnie gets hate for what Caroline said. erm, no one is saying Elena doesn't get hurt or that Bonnie has lost the most - what Caroline said to Elena, what the writers were (finally) trying to acknowledge was that when saving Elena, when trying to protect Elena, Bonnie always got hurt - she lost people, her Grams, Jeremy, now her mom (even initially her mom if you think about the fact that Abby left after casting the spell to entomb Mikael to protect Elena), even herself - to save Elena. If it were her own life on the line, Bonnie wouldn't mind so much - but she has no support system at all rn. I loved Caroline for being there for Bonnie.

This season was a let down. I do not like what they've done with Klaus' character - they could have made him 3D without turning him into a caricature of himself. >.< (and honestly, they built up so much to the arrival of the Originals - was this it? are they all gone after all the hype? are you serious? I'd rather them back then having more love triangles/hexagons/whatever-gons shoved down my throat.)
spiritcrimson thumbnail

red: ohmygosh yes, this is what I've been trying to say to people! I can never make it quite so eloquent. They were friends first, they both had to get past their preconceived notions of each other, they built a friendship - and then they fell in love. He loved her even after he found out she was a vampire - he saved her (and Tyler) when he could have easily let them both suffer since he'd been 'compelled' to forget. He didn't have to do that, but he loved her, he still loves her. He still sees her as Caroline. She's still the Caroline he fell in love with, just now she won't age. And frankly, I think if he were ever given the choice? he'd choose to turn to spend eternity with her.

red: YES. YESYESYESYESYES. I love you for putting that into words.

blue: I agree with this. and you know what I really hate? that Bonnie gets hate for what Caroline said. erm, no one is saying Elena doesn't get hurt or that Bonnie has lost the most - what Caroline said to Elena, what the writers were (finally) trying to acknowledge was that when saving Elena, when trying to protect Elena, Bonnie always got hurt - she lost people, her Grams, Jeremy, now her mom (even initially her mom if you think about the fact that Abby left after casting the spell to entomb Mikael to protect Elena), even herself - to save Elena. If it were her own life on the line, Bonnie wouldn't mind so much - but she has no support system at all rn. I loved Caroline for being there for Bonnie.

This season was a let down. I do not like what they've done with Klaus' character - they could have made him 3D without turning him into a caricature of himself. >.< (and honestly, they built up so much to the arrival of the Originals - was this it? are they all gone after all the hype? are you serious? I'd rather them back then having more love triangles/hexagons/whatever-gons shoved down my throat.)

@Bold- Yes. This.  I mean, fine, he freaked out. But who the hell wouldn't? One moment you find out your sister was killed by a vampire, next moment your girlfriend tells you you're a vampire, and she's the only one. WHAT was Matt supposed to think? He's only human. He was always left out of the hoop, so obviously when things just throw themselves on his face, how is he supposed to react?  

And yes, he still loves Caroline. I liked that 'hey' thing of theirs in Season 1. And Matt is like, that's what I always say, when Caroline is getting annoyed by it. And then you see the Season 3, when Caroline's dad dies? Matt says, 'hey' again, and Caroline says 'hey' and hugs him. See how far they've come. How much their relationship developed.  And well, during the Ball, she only agreed to go because Rebekah asked Matt to come. I don't know, and Caroline still hasn't said 'I love you' to Tyler. And I just hope she won't anytime soon. Matt/Caro are so damn beautiful. Why would the writers end them?

And Bonnie hardly deserves the hate she gets. I feel bad for her. Delena shippers hate her because people ship Bamon (I'm a Delena shipper, but I honestly LOVE Bonnie!), Jeremy/Anna shippers hate her for being insensitive to Jeremy's feelings when Jeremy cheated on her with a FREAKING GHOST! Elena fans hate her for what Caroline told Elena. It's like, Bonnie always ends up being the one left out and getting hate. I like Elena, it's just, she's not my favorite person at all this season. Caroline is cute, though still not my favorite.

And god Klaus. Don't even get me started. WHAT have they transformed Klaus into? Fine Badass characters can fall in love, we saw that with Damon, and frankly I got a little annoyed how they suddenly turned Damon into this puppy dog kind of thing for Elena, and now they're doing it to Klaus. The originals, after so much hype, that's all there is? Seriously? And the old tried and tested cliche. OMG we have to kill Klaus, because he's killing people! Now I'd agree to that if Klaus was actually harming the town, but he's actually too busy chasing around a girl to kill anyone. That's stupid. 

Btw, what's your tumblr account Radz? I'm on Tumblr too, I'll follow you!
Anhdara13 thumbnail

@Bold- Yes. This.  I mean, fine, he freaked out. But who the hell wouldn't? One moment you find out your sister was killed by a vampire, next moment your girlfriend tells you you're a vampire, and she's the only one. WHAT was Matt supposed to think? He's only human. He was always left out of the hoop, so obviously when things just throw themselves on his face, how is he supposed to react?  

And yes, he still loves Caroline. I liked that 'hey' thing of theirs in Season 1. And Matt is like, that's what I always say, when Caroline is getting annoyed by it. And then you see the Season 3, when Caroline's dad dies? Matt says, 'hey' again, and Caroline says 'hey' and hugs him. See how far they've come. How much their relationship developed.  And well, during the Ball, she only agreed to go because Rebekah asked Matt to come. I don't know, and Caroline still hasn't said 'I love you' to Tyler. And I just hope she won't anytime soon. Matt/Caro are so damn beautiful. Why would the writers end them?

And Bonnie hardly deserves the hate she gets. I feel bad for her. Delena shippers hate her because people ship Bamon (I'm a Delena shipper, but I honestly LOVE Bonnie!), Jeremy/Anna shippers hate her for being insensitive to Jeremy's feelings when Jeremy cheated on her with a FREAKING GHOST! Elena fans hate her for what Caroline told Elena. It's like, Bonnie always ends up being the one left out and getting hate. I like Elena, it's just, she's not my favorite person at all this season. Caroline is cute, though still not my favorite.

And god Klaus. Don't even get me started. WHAT have they transformed Klaus into? Fine Badass characters can fall in love, we saw that with Damon, and frankly I got a little annoyed how they suddenly turned Damon into this puppy dog kind of thing for Elena, and now they're doing it to Klaus. The originals, after so much hype, that's all there is? Seriously? And the old tried and tested cliche. OMG we have to kill Klaus, because he's killing people! Now I'd agree to that if Klaus was actually harming the town, but he's actually too busy chasing around a girl to kill anyone. That's stupid. 

Btw, what's your tumblr account Radz? I'm on Tumblr too, I'll follow you!

red: I AGREE. People seem to just let go of that - his sister was turned and staked and everyone thinks she just took off. Matt finds out the truth the same night he finds out his girlfriend is a vampire - and obviously freaks out. I mean, come on, who wouldn't? Here's the girl he's in love with, telling him that his sister is actually dead, and that she's one of the creatures of the night. He freaked. But he came back. And people ignore that. I do not get why, and it sucks.

blue: He came back for her, he's saved her (from herself first, when she was drunk - I seriously think the turn their relationship took that night kept her from going off the rails - and then later he keeps coming back for her, despite knowing that as a vampire, she's physically stronger than him), he loves her. He still loves her. And she still deeply cares for him or she wouldn't have reacted as she did over the MattRebekah ball situation. Elena was nowhere near as worried as Caroline.

red bolded: I don't even want to go there. >.< I get so annoyed with the amount of judgement and hate she gets from the fandom. Do people seem to forget that she's the one working her butt off trying to find spells, putting her magic and her life on the line to cast said spells, to save everyone? And who does she have in her corner? Her Grams is dead, Jeremy's left, Caroline's there (now, but earlier?), and now her mother's dead. We don't know yet what Abby will choose, whether she will transition or not - but Bonnie's got no one willing to help, to die for her, and yes, Elena's lost a lot but Elena's also got so many people willing to do ANYTHING for her. And it sucks that Bonnie's getting all the hate.

blue bolded: Klaus just makes me laugh. He was so much more believable as the big bad who was lashing out at the world because daddy wasn't really daddy and hated him. The big bad who didn't want to be alone so was building an army. *shrugs* That was three dimensional. This Klaus we have now just seems like a caricature. The writers seem to have a hard time balancing feelings in a villain. It's just poor writing.

I do! I'm following you, I think. my url is could i be all you ever dreamed [without the spaces, but IF isn't letting me post it if I put it together.]
spiritcrimson thumbnail

red: I AGREE. People seem to just let go of that - his sister was turned and staked and everyone thinks she just took off. Matt finds out the truth the same night he finds out his girlfriend is a vampire - and obviously freaks out. I mean, come on, who wouldn't? Here's the girl he's in love with, telling him that his sister is actually dead, and that she's one of the creatures of the night. He freaked. But he came back. And people ignore that. I do not get why, and it sucks.

blue: He came back for her, he's saved her (from herself first, when she was drunk - I seriously think the turn their relationship took that night kept her from going off the rails - and then later he keeps coming back for her, despite knowing that as a vampire, she's physically stronger than him), he loves her. He still loves her. And she still deeply cares for him or she wouldn't have reacted as she did over the MattRebekah ball situation. Elena was nowhere near as worried as Caroline.

red bolded: I don't even want to go there. >.< I get so annoyed with the amount of judgement and hate she gets from the fandom. Do people seem to forget that she's the one working her butt off trying to find spells, putting her magic and her life on the line to cast said spells, to save everyone? And who does she have in her corner? Her Grams is dead, Jeremy's left, Caroline's there (now, but earlier?), and now her mother's dead. We don't know yet what Abby will choose, whether she will transition or not - but Bonnie's got no one willing to help, to die for her, and yes, Elena's lost a lot but Elena's also got so many people willing to do ANYTHING for her. And it sucks that Bonnie's getting all the hate.

blue bolded: Klaus just makes me laugh. He was so much more believable as the big bad who was lashing out at the world because daddy wasn't really daddy and hated him. The big bad who didn't want to be alone so was building an army. *shrugs* That was three dimensional. This Klaus we have now just seems like a caricature. The writers seem to have a hard time balancing feelings in a villain. It's just poor writing.

I do! I'm following you, I think. my url is could i be all you ever dreamed [without the spaces, but IF isn't letting me post it if I put it together.]

@Purple (or is that violet?): People seem to forget Matt as a whole. It's like he never existed for them. What's sad is people go to Matt only when they're upset and there's no one else for them. (read: Elena). I know it kinda sounds like I hate Elena atm, and perhaps I do a little, because she has people doing everything for her and she has people for her, but Bonnie and Matt are alone. They have no one. Matt and Bonnie have NO Family at all. And no Stefan or Damon/or Caroline to love them and be there for them. But they're always there for people.

@Italics- Exactly. When I told my sister, look how Caroline's reacting to Rebekah and matt, she's like, she cares for Matt as a friend. I'm like, well so does Elena, but do you see her over reacting? It's obvious Caroline still feels strongly for Matt.

I feel terrible for Bonnie. Why would anyone hate her? She's so badass. if Abby chooses to die, it'll again be the whole Caroline and her dad thing. You know, sometimes I feel so bad for Bonnie and Matt, I wish they'd show more scenes of Bonnie and Matt like the episode where Matt tries to kill himself to see Vicky. We saw a really good bond between Matt and Bonnie there.  Why not focus on that too?

Klaus is meant to be terrifying. He just makes me laugh now, and that's crazy. He was a three-dimensional character before. Now hell knows what's happened to him.

I'm following you! Oh btw, could you tell me how I can get a separate page for my graphics on my blog? I mean, I want a link like 'my stuff' and then when you click, there are different tags for my HP stuff, TVD stuff and Hunger Games stuff. I want to organize it and stuff, but I don't even know how :(

Anhdara13 thumbnail
I agree with everything you've said. EVERYTHING. Matt and Bonnie have got it the hardest. Elena might have lost the most people (and truthfully, she has, so it's hard not to feel bad for her) but Matt and Bonnie have lost the only real family they had, and now they're alone. They're dealing with everything, on their own. And that's harder than dealing with things while having a whole slew of people (Matt & Bonnie included) to be there for you.

PMing you about the tumblr stuff!
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I feel like the only one who's damn pissed with the Klaroline angle. 

I mean, they just throw it in out of nowhere, and all of a sudden the entire fandom ships them? It's annoying. As much as I hate Forwood, that still had better build up than Klaroline

THIS RIGHT HERE👏👏👏 I seriously DO NOT get how in the world the ENTIRE and I mean ENTIRE TVD Fandom is shipping them tossing Forwood aside like nothing...I mean W T F

I thought it was bad enough that I was one of the rare ones who shipped Matt-Caro when everyone in the fandom was shipping Forwood and now everyone's shipping Klaroline and I'm the only one still shipping Forwood🤔

Anhdara13 thumbnail
right? I saw a confession on one of the blogs saying that TVD shippers are very flighty - I sort of agree. With the side romances, they'll move on so fast and I'm sitting here going 'what the eff?' because while I tolerate the ships I'm given, I have my favourites and I stick by them. *shrugs* I think we're the only ones. haha.

Also, not related to TVD in anyway, but yay for the Doctor Who/Eleven reaction gif! :D
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^lol I dont know who the person in the GIF was I just found it on tumblr😆
Anhdara13 thumbnail
*shakes head* Doctor Who is awesome.