The meaning of love?!?!(SR)

Neha_S thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
I will begin with a positive note.The Sidma convo tonight was really cute.I think both Jenny and KW make adorable tallis...Though I found Sid to be a lil more adorable esp the bahut zyaada part!

The entire Uff teri ada sequence was horribly shown!It was like you blink and you miss out.It started with good promise but ended too quickly but I am glad they atleast kept my fav part of the song.The choreography was not much to talk about-(they started playing train train in the middle)..I prefered Jenny's striptease specially the way she pulled the dupatta off Sid's face with come hither look!!Sultry siren...oooo!!

Anyway coming back to the point:
The Sidma convo was really cute...I liked the entire sequence.They both fell and the giggling and how Siddy boy was checking out his dupaatta minus wife!The slap and the resulting pout was cute too!Like I said they both make adorable tallis

Liked the entire conversation-how Ridhima said in childlike way what ails her most which in the form of a list are:
1)He always pushes her away
2)He always drags Arman in between them
3)He never said he loves her-I PERSONALLY LOVED THIS PART-Kya tumne kabhi kaha ke Ridhima I love you...To which Sid formally responds -sorry I forgot!!ROFL!!

The way she listed her problems and demands was really appealing to me atleast.Sid's responses also showed what he believes to be true-She loves Arman -he cant get past that!But as he sees her sulk off he is realising that maybe he has a chance and that is a relief.Drunk and in a childlike conversation they solved half their problems.They are more sane drunk than not

I have ran away with my ideas.The point of thread was the dialogue-Maine Arman ko ILU bola but tumne mujhe pyaar ka matlab shikaya...

That should make us all scratch our heads.So for two years we have been watching what-a like story?And when did Sid actually teach her the meaning of love when hardly have romanced at all?

The answer lies in the difference between Ridhima Gupta and Modi...If you really closely at Ridhima Modi she was very different from the original Ridhima..no I am not talking abt her confused mindset-that is a permanent feature of Ridhima.

With Arman whenever there was a fight-Ridhima always put her ego first.All her fights ended in or resulted because of her steadfast belief that Arman was wrong or it was her ego.She never let Arman get past that.She was stubborn and resolute on that.She wouldnt compromise on her ego-also everytime they fought and Arman raced away it took Ridhima ages to come to her senses.Ridhima Gupta could never see past her own pain.

With Sid its different,Ridhima has time and again sacrificed her ego and even self-respect to make him happy or to make things work.Being rejected time and again,she was made to wipe his shoes,take his horrible behavior but she stuck with him.With Sid when he blasts her in Lonavla rather than cry on how maha-dukhi she was -she gets concerned about him.When they fight and he is a jerk to her rather than harping on her pain she harps on his.

And this difference stems from her interaction with Sid.He has taught her that she was selfish and that there is a world beyond her own self-Previously we have seen her use Arman for her own comfort and next moment turn away!With her father too,she has often not seen his pain!

When she was with Sid -she saw him endure pain on her father's behalf,take her bloody ruckus with infinite patience.And he did all that with no selfish thoughts.

Sid taught her compassion,the need to see beyond herself and matured more subtle side of affection which is seen when you see Sidma interact in post Arman entry's scenes-no cheesy lines just a simple stance saying that I am here!!

So it is not an insult to AR relationship when she says Sid taught her the meaning of love-because he taught her a different facet of love -which is different from romantic side of it!!And it is not weird that she says that when Sidma had hardly any romantic scenes...But love isnt about romance...what Ridhima means is that if Arman taught her to love-Sid taught her that love makes us see beyond ourselves-it is not selfish!!

I hope that made sense

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

732807 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'm an AR fan, and even though this is an SR post, it kind makes me feel better about that b****.
I guess AR fans aren't that only ones who got confused because of this mental woman's confused personality.
Neha_S thumbnail

Originally posted by: 732807

I'm an AR fan, and even though this is an SR post, it kind makes me feel better about that b****.
I guess AR fans aren't that only ones who got confused because of this mental woman's confused personality.

Ridhima confuses us all!But I think Ridhima today knows hr heart and mind very well!I understand as a AR fan-it must be hard to accept her saying that but it is true in a way!!

Thanks for replying!
supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i agree with everything you said

the SR convo was definitely one of the highlights for today.. 
they both are such kids.. its really great to see them like that

i agree with your last point...
its not an insult to AR...
there's a difference in what AR shared and what SR share..
its two beautiful relationships from two different times..

stuff like that cant be compared

Neha_S thumbnail

Originally posted by: supercool3

i agree with everything you said

the SR convo was definitely one of the highlights for today.. 
they both are such kids.. its really great to see them like that

i agree with your last point...
its not an insult to AR...
there's a difference in what AR shared and what SR share..
its two beautiful relationships from two different times..

stuff like that cant be compared

Thanks for saying what I tried to say in such a nice comprehensive way!!!
petrichorr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ive literally fallen in love with your analysis today.

Take a bow! Very well written.

Loved each and every line of your post.

Especially the below part...
"
So it is not an insult to AR relationship when she says Sid taught her the meaning of love-because he taught her a different facet of love -which is different from romantic side of it!!And it is not weird that she says that when Sidma had hardly any romantic scenes...But love isnt about romance...what Ridhima means is that if Arman taught her to love-Sid taught her that love makes us see beyond ourselves-it is not selfish!! "
Edited by prejudice - 13 years ago
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nehaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............I would srsly like to bow down to u baby...........U are always so concise and profound with ur words....Phenomenally beautiful piece of art this was.........👏

Here's to my thots....

I have to firstly agree on the song sequence........I'd rather blame myself than anyone coz it was me who had set high expectations only to later have 1 nice fall.............nice coz....there were a few moments that I would still cherish from watever appetizer of the seq they served us with.....namely.....the dupatta flying of Sid and his reactions......the talli Ridz even tho not being in her senses.....totally twirling and swirling around her husband........and its needless to say.......it was her heart that lead her to do that.....coz thats one area that does not get affected by alcohol.......infact....it become vulnerable.....

Coming now to Ridhimma.........
Yes.............when she was a Gupta.....she was selfish in love.......but its not her fault.......and it definitely is not wrong.............it was young ...............innocent love..........and indeed it was true love......but a naive one.....which is far away from the harshness of reality.....and thus maintains it purity.....its beauty ....on its own....and this is wat is depicted from her dialogue "haan maine Armaan ko I love You bola"..

But when she became Mrs Modi........she got exposed to the different side of the coin.....the mature meaning of love......the love that goes beyond ur own boundaries.....the love that simply does not encompass a round of I Love You's......the love that not only pertains "ruthna-manana"........of romancing lovey dovey moments with each other.......BUT.......its love that stands by u at ur worst moments and demand nothing in return..........a love that makes u see ur true self in the mirror and corrects u when u are wrong.....a love that shines thru huge arguments and ill treatment only to make a better u..........a love that is not spoken ....but is felt by simple concerns for each other......a love that is conveyed thru eyes that tells u....."I am here for u always".....and a love that embraces pain of and given by the loved ones and stands strong to endure more........and thus her dialogue "tumne mujhe pyar ka matlab seekhaya"

As I have said in my post in Pocu's thread.....SR are at the lock situation which stems from "Tumne kyu nahi kaha ki Ridhimma I love You".......Riddhimma simply wants to hear those 3 magical words from her husband that affirms her that he wants her......but Siddhant has time and again already shown her his love in ways I have just stated ......its simply a matter of expressing it in words where our Sid, the honest....simple....sensitive yet passionate husband has his flaws....

So as we embark on the journey to witness Armaan unlocking the knots for them........we shall discover....."Does love really evolve from an I LOVE YOU........does it really makes a difference????"
😳
Edited by sajni786 - 13 years ago
ANfan1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Neha, Gr8  post, loved ur analysis!

You are so right! AR and SR love cannot be compared, each are at different time spectrums, different situations, different mindsets...

AR and SR love are unique in its own way and to compare them in any manner is an Insult to Love!
norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi

hats fo to you for perfectly explaining SR convo in your words

agree with you points

Sid has indeed taught Rids the meaning of love, the meaning of uncondional love

and yes thr uff teri ada could have been shown longer

though i loved the way the duppata fell on Sid and the way Sr were looking at each throughout.

norzar

uppaas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

So it is not an insult to AR relationship when she says Sid taught her the meaning of love-because he taught her a different facet of love -which is different from romantic side of it!!And it is not weird that she says that when Sidma had hardly any romantic scenes...But love isnt about romance...what Ridhima means is that if Arman taught her to love-Sid taught her that love makes us see beyond ourselves-it is not selfish!!

True this hold good for me...AR love was 1 part of her life and SR another, they  are 2 different forms of love..and Sr are maried so the love , u may call it a bond gets more strong and committed....a new meaning of life.
Yes Sr scenes rocked...Sid was super cute and Ridz to I feel in love with !!!!!
Although SID HAS TO JUST SAY ilu TO WIFEY...i DONT KNOW WHAT IS STOPPING HIM???