CID

Story Contest- 2

Poll

Should we keep the voting in suspense next time?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
I felt that there was no suspense in voting in Contest-1. Should we keep the suspense in rating and declare it only after the deadline? What do you think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Whatever you all decide, I am going to conduct it. I want Prabha to participate.
Oh NO! We are going to lose another great writer!
visrom thumbnail
Originally posted by: cheenti

Oh NO! We are going to lose another great writer!

Please, please I am not good at contests....and look, everyone has to get a chance.
prabha. thumbnail

You may call it a mutual admiration society but I don't want to lose visrom. I can participate and conduct as well, no issues. I also see that people trust me, that helps. The first time around I was skeptical if I will be able to do justice when trying to do both, will others opinions affect my own writing but the last contest told me that I will be able to manage both. What I had thought about the plot was totally different. I hope I will be able to finish my story as well in sometime once office pressure lowers.

cid-cop thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i agrwe with prabha di. The contest coordinator can also be a participant. He/she shall read other stories only after her story is completed.

As far as the voting is concerned, i think it shouldnt be put out in public. Not only bcoz it kills the suspense,but also bcoz the rankings of those who vote late are influenced by the previous votes, which is not fairEdited by dayabi - 13 years ago
visrom thumbnail
Originally posted by: dayabi

As far as the voting is concerned, i think it shouldnt be put out in public. Not only bcoz it kills the suspense,but also bcoz the rankings of those who vote late are influenced by the previous votes,

which is not fair

This is correct. And we shouldn't take so much time....just 10 days for the story, another 3 days to read up and another 2 days for the results. This contest took too long and killed (at least my) interest.
prabha. thumbnail

Well voting details were revealed only after discussing with everyone, so we can collectively decide now, how we would like this to be in future. Actually people started guessing the winner once feedbacks started coming in. More than ratings, feedback would influence people more because that builds a perception. And if we hide all this till the contest is over then how do we keep the contest thread going for the duration of the contest (2 weeks).

Edited by prabha. - 13 years ago
visrom thumbnail
Originally posted by: prabha.

Well voting details were revealed only after discussing with everyone, so we can collectively decide now, how we would like this to be in future. Actually people started guessing the winner once feedbacks started coming in. More than ratings, feedback would influence people more because that builds a perception. And if we hide all this till the contest is over then how do we keep the contest thread going for the duration of the contest (2 weeks).

I dont know...both ways we are going to have problems...best is - post the stories, let everyone write their feedback and ratings on a word doc and send it on one particular day. That's the best we can do.
And I don't know....there are a few things......
teju_g thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: prabha.

You may call it a mutual admiration society but I don't want to lose visrom. I can participate and conduct as well, no issues. I also see that people trust me, that helps. The first time around I was skeptical if I will be able to do justice when trying to do both, will others opinions affect my own writing but the last contest told me that I will be able to manage both. What I had thought about the plot was totally different. I hope I will be able to finish my story as well in sometime once office pressure lowers.

i too agree prabha di