*Rules for TVD Section
1.Moderation: The Moderation chain latter as follows: Viewbie > Moderator > Channel Moderator. Your first contact would be the section's Viewbie or Moderator as they will take care of day to day activities on the forum. If you have complaints regarding moderation those can be sent directly to CMs, but any other issues must be brought to the attention of Viewbies first. In case any members feels that a warning that has been given is not justified or there is an error please pm the DT member, but do not argue in the respective post and cause disruption. If you are not satisfied with the answer only then should you PM the Channel Moderator.
2. Comparison Topics/Instigating Posts/Plotting: Comparing actors/actresses in such a way that it is found to be instigatory or offensive will not be tolerated.Posts which are purposefully made to disrupt the peace of the forum are not allowed. Some members purposely instigate others and believe they can get by with it and some plan attacks in other places and decide to disrupt the functioning of the forum.
Ex: "Damon is way better than Stefan (or vice versa)...
"Which character do you like the most or who has the most beautiful smile?"
"TVD is better than Twilight/True Blood (or vice versa)"
"Who is hotter Jake/Edward or Stefan/Damon?"
Stefan/Damon Vs Jake/Edward
Or any other posts that may instigate a fight.
3. Name-Calling/Stereotyping: Giving names to other fans: Bashers, Haters and etc. will not be tolerated. Name calling, bashing other fans, or stereotyping will not be allowed. In addition, comment on the show and not the viewers. Do not pass snide remarks at viewers of the show just because their interest lies in something different from yours.
4. Telling others what to do: I would prefer members to stop preaching on the forum. Let the moderators decide what is needed on this forum and what is not or what one member is allowed to do or not. You cannot stop someone from posting in any topic. Do not become a moral police on the forum. This is a free forum please respect other people's views/opinions.
Ex: "What are the moderators doing? Close this topic"
"Keep out of here if you cant say anything to support this topic"
"If you are not a fan of ___ then keep out of this topic"
5. Utilizing Report Feature: If anyone sees a thread/post/comment which is offending, you will NOT take law into your own hands to teach a lesson to that person for insulting your favourite idol. That aggravates matters more and you also become liable for action. Instead you will simply make use of the "REPORT" button and report the thread by stating the reason clearly. As soon as the Dev Team comes online they would take the necessary action and try their best to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
6. Language: A lot of members try to use code words and asterisk and try to get away with such language. Well, It won't happen from now on. This decision has been made by the Global moderators themselves.
Ex: WTF (What the Fish/Frick is a lame excuse so do not try)
"Who watches this Shit?"
7. Bashing/Personal Attacks: Bashing and making personal attacks against any actor/actress/Writers/Producers/members is not allowed. There is a difference between constructive criticism and bashing.
A critic is one who discusses things in perspective, never loses objectivity and states things in a logical and constructive way. A basher is one, who states the points a bit too heavily so that, it no longer looks like criticism but looks like a total attack. Everyone have their own point of view let's respect it. You have right to raise your opinion but one should see lines aren't crossed. Avoid making posts that are abusive, derogatory, insulting or sarcastic enough to affect the sentiment of another member. This is against IF COC and won't be tolerated.
Keep a control on your sarcasm. If the mods feel that your post is no longer critiquing, but is full of sarcasm/attacks... that will be held against you.
Ex: "------ is disgusting."
"Why do you come to every single post and make a negative comment"
8. No thread on Dev Team working: No threads shall be opened criticizing the running of the Dev Team. If you have any issues contact the section Dev Team by PM and sort it out but do not create a scene by starting a thread here .No personal attack 'direct/indirect, abusive/sarcastic shall be tolerated.
If we see instigating posts or snide remarks towards moderators of the TVD forum, you will receive a warning PM or even a WL increase if this is repeated despite the warning PM.
9. Repeated Topics: Check a few pages back before making a topic on the same point. Repeated topics will be closed. We are not saying do not discuss your favourite actors/actresses or scenes but we need to keep the forum organized as well.
10. No Chatting/Spamming:
Refrain yourself from chatting/spamming on the forum. Don't start your personal chats in threads opened for various subjects/discussion topics. Please try to stick to the topic when posting replies. You can use the Chat Clubs
for any personal chats/chats not related to TVD .
11. Updating: If you want to do written/video update for TVD on any particular day then please PM the respective updater a day in advance & take their permission so that the updater's efforts don't go in vain. Anyone posting the updates without permission will have their post trashed.
12. No Advertising: Videos from other forums/websites containing the website logo are not allowed, If found doing so the topic will be trashed & a Warning PM will be sent. If you continue to do so even after recieving the warning PM your warning level will be raised. Also posting links from IF in other forums is strictly prohibited.
13. Posting Email Address or personal pictures of Stars: Posting accounts or email address of any actor/actress is not allowed unless they themself give permission for it to be posted. Also, posting your email address on open forum is not allowed. Moreover, no personal pictures of stars from Facebook or Orkut are allowed to be posted without prior permission from the actor/actress/owner of the picture themselves. Pease remember even an actor/actress is entitled to their privacy, we should all respect that.
14. Picture topics:
Please do not make separate topics on/with pictures (in them). If there are some special pictures that you want to post on the forum then you will have to ask Dev Team before opening a topic on pictures. We will allow picture topics on special occasion, but again only after taking permission. Post all the pictures in ~*~TVD Picture Gallery
15. Emoticons: Do not type a message/post a reply full of emoticons only. Emoticons are used to emphasize how you feel when words alone aren't enough. They serve as 'add-ons' to your message BUT it doesn't mean that you are to type a whole line of Emoticons alone, without a single word or phrase (e.g. ' ')! Messages containing only emoticons will be deleted.
16. Posting Articles : Please post all TVD related articles in the ~|TVD Articles Area|~.
Before posting any article please check back to make sure that the article has not been posted already. Provide link/source of the articles.17. Organizing Contest/Activities:
You may not post Contests/Activities/Games/Appreciation-Fan Threads without prior approval from the moderators. 18. Introduce Yourself:
Members who are new to this section please introduce yourself here: Welcome! Introduce Yourselves
instead of creating a new topic.
I know some of you all are very excited that you have become Senior Member, Goldie, IF Dazzlers, IF Rockerz etc and we are truly happy for you all, but since this is the TVD forum those topics need to go in Congratulations Post
Please post your TVD FF's in the Fan Fiction
Forum. ONLYOne Shots can be posted in the TVD One Shot Corner
21. Using Signatures:
As per the rule a member is allowed to use three signature of which one can be animated small. Do not use wallpaper size signature in your signature. To know more in details you can read NEW RULES & REGULATIONS
of Avatar & Signature Section. Signatures bashing actors/members will not be tolerated. If the signatures are not removed at the moderator's request then the signatures will be removed by Moderators themselves and will count as one strike.
22. Use Like Button: Every so often we see members posting thanks or tfs or one liner instead of using the Like button. The Like feature has come in place of Thank You feature so that spamming could be alleviated. Saying thanks, tfs, etc constitutes to spamming. If you have nothing more to say apart from thanks then you can thank using the Like button.
23. Video Mixes:
Members can open their own VM gallery which they can update from time to time. This way other members can find creations (VM's) by a particular member in one thread itself. You can share/post your Creation in the ~*~TVD Media Centre
24. Help topics:
If you have any queries regarding the show then please post it in the ~*~TVD Help Desk~*~
. We will definitely try our best to help out there.
25. Typing in CAPS LOCK: Please do not write in Cap Locks. If you continue to do so it will result in a WL increase.
26. Regarding AT threads:
There are Appreciation Threads for all the Jodi's. Please do not create individual threads over little things that can be discussed in AT. Please remember to not chat and stay on topic. All the Physical attributes of the Actors/actresses (eyes/nose/Hair) should be discussed in the AT's of the respective Actor. Please avoid opening separate Topics for them. 27. Morphed Pictures:
We do not allow this on IF. So please refrain from posting such pictures. You can check the below link for more details MERGING/MORPHING - NOT ALLOWED
28. Promo Updater's: We appreciate you all posting new promos, but if someone has already posted a promo do not make a new topic on the same promo. If you have a higher quality video then post it in the topic that is already opened. We will make sure you get credit for uploading better quality.
29. Quoting Posts/Members/Creations/Pictures: Don't quote long posts as the pages take longer to load and it messes up the coding which makes it look bad. If you want to reply to someone use the @ format like @A: , @B: & so on. Only up to 3 quotes are allowed in a post given the fact they are relatively small quotes and not page long essays.
30. Creating MIDS: Creating MIDs (another account) on IF is not allowed under any circumstances. Wrong usage of creating a different account will result in a WL increase without any warnings as this is a serious issue.
Warning Level Procedure: TheDev Team will keep a running list of members, who will continue to break rules.
1. Verbal warning
2. PM warning from Dev Team
3. WL Increase.
4. Lead to possible Ban.
If for some reason you do not agree with the warning you have received in your topic then you need to PM the moderator/viewbie who warned you instead of starting an argument in the forum. If you are not satisfied with the reply given by the DT members only then you may take up your issue with the Channel Moderators. However, absolutely no arguments on the forum as that will lead to a direct increase in your warning level.
The Vampire Diaries Development Team.
Edited by -Nayab- - 25 May 2010 at 9:35am