Discuss Season 1 Here - Page 8

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Angad-Kripa#1

I don't want Bonnie with neither of the Salvatores! In the book, she likes Matt doesn't she?? Or Damon....I just don't like Bonnie liking the Salvatore bros. :(

Hey!!!! Along with this site I vist all the other TVD places online and I have noticed this comment very much. I am too scared to ask anywhere else as i am afraid of all the intesive arguments turning on me but i know this is a very civil site so i have to ask wha i've always wondered....why is a problem is she ends with either the of the brothers? sure i understand why you don't want her with damon as you like him with elena but i fail to see why not with stefan? i have always noticed people saying she needs to stop going for both of them but honeslty in books and show is not going for either. and another point, people never argue about katherine or elena chasing both of them so why is it wrong for bonnie? please help me understand i am just confused. and please dont worry about offended me, as i'm not a fan of katerine/elena/bonnie i am team caroline....
Originally posted by sunnkiised

Hey!!!! Along with this site I vist all the other TVD places online and I have noticed this comment very much. I am too scared to ask anywhere else as i am afraid of all the intesive arguments turning on me but i know this is a very civil site so i have to ask wha i've always wondered....why is a problem is she ends with either the of the brothers? sure i understand why you don't want her with damon as you like him with elena but i fail to see why not with stefan? i have always noticed people saying she needs to stop going for both of them but honeslty in books and show is not going for either. and another point, people never argue about katherine or elena chasing both of them so why is it wrong for bonnie? please help me understand i am just confused. and please dont worry about offended me, as i'm not a fan of katerine/elena/bonnie i am team caroline....
For Damon-Bonnie: i don't think they share the connection that Bamon shippers see. I used to blieve that Stefan and Bonnie wouldn't ever be good with each other because Bonnie just was such a different person and they seemed such good friends. But now, i actually like Stamon and i wouldn't mind them being together.๐Ÿ˜Š
Hope I dont get bashed up for this but NO Damon-Bonnie pleaseeeee๐Ÿ˜†........No offence but I totally cant warm up to the character of Bonniie or neither the actress potraying it๐Ÿ˜Š.......Each character in VD has striked a chord with me but Bonnie I just cant connect lol.......Though I loveee Ian-Nina (in turn fallen in love with DE) I do think SE re meant to be ..........So dont mind even if they end up together..........Let Damon remain single for another 150 years or so then(untill he finds Elean clone hahah) -totally evil and dangerous๐Ÿ˜‰..........But no BaMon please

Matt well he is better off with Caroline........Her character is a perfect foil for his........She does have a good heart though acts as an airhead most of the time......How sweet was their first kiss and the scene before that at the bar awww........I sooo hope she is in S2 and they should show she recovered.....Matt-Caroline are really cute 2gether

Damon-Elena such an unconventional pairing being a success-credit mostly goes to Ian and Nina........They have this natural ease and compliment each other perfectly......IMO Nina is at her best in scenes with Ian....Brings the best out in each other..........Her angelic beauty and innocence compliments his evilness,........It helps they didnt have these cliched eyelocks in 1st meeting etc.........Hence I find them more intriguing.....Also love the spontaniety in their scenes..........But SE are these eternal type of couple hence more chances of them being together at the end
Edited by Tina04 - 13 years ago
Hello Guys, I'm new here ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Well I'm still behind on my episodes of Season 1 so can't say which is my favourite. The thing is that I have started to watch it recently and so far I'm loving it ๐Ÿ˜Š

And I heard Season 2 has already started. I better get done with Season 1 ASAP!!!
^Season 2 hasn't started yet hun. It's starting on the 9th so you have time. =D
Thanks for the info, I just found that out yesterday after I posted that message ๐Ÿ˜†

But still where I live, we are very behind on these English shows so I'll just have to download and watch them like I'm doing with Season 1.

Thanks once again! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Tina- Since you've commented I've been fighting with myself on posting or not. I've gone as far as two times typing something but always deleting and never posting. But today I can't stop myself. Let me start of by saying I'm NOT replying to 'bash' (because honestly I'm use to the Bonnie/DB hate now and I just don't see the point of defending them when they'll always be a hated topic no matter what) but a curiosity has stuck me and I must find out.

What I'm baffled is when you said that if SE happens you want Damon to remain single for centuries and then find an Elena clone โ€“totally evil and dangerous.

Because don't we already have a Elena clone that's evil and dangerous: Katherine? & Do you only like DE because you like Ian/Nina? Because you say you are okay with Damon finding a Elena clone.

Why I ask that is because I want to understand how you see thing and why. Not because I want to put you or your thoughts down but because I'm interested in your thinking process.

Because personally when it comes to my DB I cannot deal with Damon being with a Bonnie clone. There is a reason why I like DB. Sure chemistry and how they look with each other is a factor but that's not why I ship them. I do because how they are around one another, what they become, what they do for one another etc. I cannot ship Damon with a Bonnie clone because they won't have the same essence as DB- what I uniquely fell for.

@dhruvi:
Well thanks a lot for trying to understand my POV.First of all I m sorry as I think the way i framed my words in  my earlier comment have  led to a slight misintepretation here.I NEVER meant I want Damon to end up with an Elena clone who is totally dangerous and evil .Then I would not have minded Katherine-Damon which is totally not the case here.I totally detest Katherine and never ever want Damon to end with her.Even though Nina is playing Katherine I cant totally see such a selfish backstabber being with Damon.

What I really meant was if SE end up together at the end I better prefer Damon to remain single forever in this evil and dangerous way (like in S1) to him hooking up with Bonnie.Frankly it is mainly because I fail to find the connection between Damon-Bonnie .I dont see sparks flying or any unspoken affection between the two.Its just I fail to comprehend the aspects their fans adore in their relation.Difference of perspective may be.And 'Elena clone' that was just a joke haha...Please ignore it  as I was on a total Ian-Nina gushing spree ...Seriously Ian-Nina's chemistry is not the only reason I like Damon-Elena together:) Though I wont deny their effortless camediare from the first scene of DE attracted me ...I really like the way Elena brings out the human persona of Damon.The one scene I loved were Damon is helping Jenna in Kitchen and he says to Elena I m loving this family life....You really cant imagine Damon to be that free and less mysterious with any other character in the show.The way he didnt allow Elena to go and rescue Stefan from those devils in Anna's house.LOLL this is THE DAMON we are talking about and I have never ever seen him protective of any other entity in that entire series.And there are many many such scenes that has made me a DE shipper over time.Elena is the only person Damon talks like a friend forgetting all evil conspirations in his mind.Though he has not acknowledged she is the one who holds the most special place in his life as a friend or lover or whatever one can call it....Also I LOVE LOVE the build  up in their story...This pairing is all the more intriguing to me as they are not the typical romantic couple....I doubt any one would have ever thought DE could even stand a chance after witnessing all those initial all the more symbolic SE scenes in the begginning......Like I said their initial meeting didnt have a looong eyelock or any special vibes.....Totally like "Not meant to be together " lol...Still I wont call it a cliched "hate-love" relation ...Yet over the time viewers got to see their relationship slowly changing DE warming up to each other, their understanding ,care and affection......If not love atleast I would like to see this special bond of DE progressing into a much more beautiful and stronger one.....More deeper than love or friendship:)
That deff makes more sense, thank you for clearing that up for. Deff see what you mean here love (:
Glad that u got my point Dhruvi ๐Ÿ˜Š

And am just curious any Bonnie-Tyler shippers here???

I think they would make an interesting couple ........witch with a beast/were wolf lol........Tyler is secretive and a strong minded Bonnie can perfectly tame the bad boy.......Though viewers havent had much insight into their relation.......Maybe they can focus on Tonnie in S2?๐Ÿ˜›

Also any Matt-Caroline lovers???........Though I m in minority I love these 2 characters individually and as a couple .........I wrote the same thing in other thread as well
I LOVEEE Matt-Caroline together ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†...........They are too cute together, my favs after Dalena......I see great potential in their relationship and I really hope the writers will give us more of them in S2.........Caroline needs someone to pamper the kid in her, and Matt's been taking care of everyone around him.......She enjoys his affection and I m sure gradually she will get over the slight insecurity about Elena-Matt....... Matt is very caring and down-to-earth. After all that he's been through, he deserves to be happy......And Caroline-Matt relation has the usual warmth b/w a normal  human couple which brings a freshness to otherwise not so normal relations in VD series ๐Ÿ˜‰