Sasural Genda Phool
Sasural Genda Phool

India-Forums

I am essaying all mental characters-Ragini Khanna

niveditha IF-Sizzlerz
niveditha
niveditha

Posted: 24 May 2010 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Ragini Khanna is the name which makes us remember the combination of Bhaskar/Bharati - the serial which aired on Sony TV and closed shop quite prematurely. The girl who has made her place in every one's heart be it as Bhaskar, Bharati or else as Suhana of 'Sasural Genda Phool', is feeling very lucky to have bagged such different and off-beat roles at the beginning of career. TellyCafe's Tejashree Bhopatkar caught up with Ragini in between shoots and had a nice chit chat about acting, life, and more.

How is Ragini in real life apart from her onscreen nature?

Ragini is a very mature, responsible person who likes to take her own decisions as she thinks that she is grown up enough to do so. She is the kind of person who has a lot of patience and is independent. (Chuckles) She is also a cleanliness freak! I don't know why but I don't like dirty places, rooms, or anything around me. Everything has to be neat and clean.

Why acting as a career and not anything else?

(Laughs), it just came out. I thought why not… let me try. Actually, I have always taken part in school competitions like dancing, acting, singing, every cultural activity, and acting pleased me more so… acting.

How were your school years... any memorable moments?

Well in school I was a geek, with two pony tails, pet of all the teachers. In short a good student. In fact, I got only one remark in all of my life; that Ragini is a bright student. But on other hand, I used to take part in all the annual functions and that is where I got addicted to acting. I once essayed the role of Snow White's step mother, who is very cunning, and for some reason I loved playing that part. It's been my favourite so far.

How was your college life?

I was an outstanding student who always stood out of the class (laughs). No, no, not at all. I was bright enough in college too, but then after classes was a different story. I used to roam around the neighborhood and reach home in the evening. And as I am Bollywood freak, I used to watch at least one movie a day or sometimes if there are two releases then two movies at a stretch.

How was your television journey so far?

Fantastic! And I think it's just the beginning and I've got a long way to go. I've learned a lot of things on the sets itself and the shows that I've done so far have made me responsible and knowlegeable about so many things... I've learned how to handle personal relationships while juggling professional relationships, how not to let anything get in the way of my professionalism, the fact that I'll never stop learning life lessons for as long as I am in this business.

What is/was more difficult to portray: Bhaskar or Suhana?

I guess they are both equally challenging. As, while essaying Bharti it was difficult to be a man and while essaying Suhana it is difficult to behave like a girl. They both are mental characters.

How is your journey going on with Sasural Genda Phool?

Well, Suhana is very mad character, she throws lots of tantrums and does lot of hungama. There are certain things which I have learned through her. But all said and done, the entire journey is cool and going quite well.

Do you feel that you are settled in your life yet? Any plans to marry soon?

No way! This is just the beginning and I have a long way to go from where I am today. As for marriage, I am just 23 now so... there's still time.

Any message to your fans?

Thank you all for giving lots and lots of love to my characters. All your suggestions are always welcomed and I will always strive to entertain you with different characters and acting. Thanks a lot.

-- Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-star-interviews/356-i-am-essaying-all-mental-characters-ragini-khanna.html

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

kinhatcapricorn7sohrobArmu4evapoojakBUBLAILOLitaPawarDillikudi-allizwell-SomerholicGirlmaheen55anu rulz-MadRaginiFan-Bul3YusBeespiritcrimsonAreYaar-SalShah4eva-

brainychild92 IF-Sizzlerz
brainychild92
brainychild92

Posted: 24 May 2010 at 8:17am | IP Logged
thats crazyy she's only 23.. not THAT much of an age gap (me n her) WOW!!! i dont understand when she said they are mental characters? do i mean she has to think like them or what?
thanks for the article... cant believe she's a neat freak..lol
Dillikudi IF-Rockerz
Dillikudi
Dillikudi

Posted: 24 May 2010 at 8:47am | IP Logged

Thanks Abhi! She is cute....

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz
YusBee
YusBee

Posted: 24 May 2010 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Ragz i sawesome...n thanks for sharing the article
Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

Posted: 24 May 2010 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Wow... thank u so much for sharing... n man..Ragz.. u r the MAN... u rock..

Luv u n ur awesome turns as Gini, Bharti & Suhana..Heart
AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 24 May 2010 at 10:25am | IP Logged
LOL@ the "I'm essaying all mental characters' line....haha....Ragini's adorably hilarious, man!

I think screen-presence is something a person is born with....either you have it or you don't....Ragini is one of those few who does....this girl is naturally talented and she's only growing from strength to strength with each character she plays.

Thanks for posting! :-)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBee-SalShah4eva-

bholabear IF-Rockerz
bholabear
bholabear

Posted: 24 May 2010 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Thanks for posting the article. Nice to hear about Ragini.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBee

Bul3 IF-Sizzlerz
Bul3
Bul3

Posted: 24 May 2010 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
thnx for sharing!

Go to top