Laagi Tujhse Lagan

DOTW: A Forced Wedding Or A Forced Marriage?

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey Guys!

*embarrassed muh*

So umm.. as most of you know, I STILL haven't been able to watch all the LTL episodes and catch up. No matter HOW hard I try, something or the other always comes up. *sigh*. BUT! I still have something that has been running in my mind about this "Marriage Track" that I wanted to put into words.

So we all know that Dutta married Nakku by force to punish her for her "betrayal". He took her as his wife by force on gun point (if I'm not mistaken). But what was bothering me was, that just because a guy (in this case Dutta) marries you by force does it mean that the said marriage is "real"? Should you have to spend the rest of your life with that guy or should you have to ask for divorce? Should you HAVE to get out of that "marriage" as you would a regular marriage? Is following the rituals under force enough to make you married to them - in your eyes and in the eyes of the law?

Or should you be able to walk away like it never happened? Just because someone forces you to do something in a drunken stupor, should you have to then bear the consequences of it? Or do you get to erase the slate clean (so to speak) and disregard it entirely?

Basically what I was wondering about was - Is this just a forced wedding where all the rituals were followed and executed? Or is this a forced marriage, where the bride is supposed to be a part of it for better or for worst even though she had no say in the matter?

*sigh* I apologize if this makes NO sense - I promise it makes sense in my brain but I feel it's losing its sanity in the whole transition from my brain to this post. ๐Ÿ˜†

But if you understand this and have an opinion about this, I'd love to hear it!! *excited muh*

*waits in anticipation*

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iwantitall thumbnail
Ahaaa now heres something i was thinking about as well Fivz! In my eyes, sucha marriage doesnt count a penny! Its absurd! And i were nakusha, i would throw the damn 'mangalsutra' off, and run away. Of course nakusha thinks otherwise, but if it were upto me, I would run away from there, as soon as possible!

ohh lemme think somemore, and then add up :D

Nice DOTW.

Kaali Dhabba on the top of ur necks working after all eh? ๐Ÿคฃ

Mwaahhzzz
Cindy
ImmaculateDream thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
nice debating topic . ๐Ÿ˜Š

@ cindy

i completely disagree with u, n i ll tell u why ... ๐Ÿ˜Š

i ll edit my post in a while ..Edited by SAraW - 13 years ago
iwantitall thumbnail
^^ sara di- i kneww it! :D
waitngg to read :P
-Madzy- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Intresting will come up with something once my bheja start working๐Ÿ˜†
will edit soon
gp00 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: cool.sindhya

Ahaaa now heres something i was thinking about as well Fivz! In my eyes, sucha marriage doesnt count a penny! Its absurd! And i were nakusha, i would throw the damn 'mangalsutra' off, and run away. Of course nakusha thinks otherwise, but if it were upto me, I would run away from there, as soon as possible!

ohh lemme think somemore, and then add up :D

Nice DOTW.

Kaali Dhabba on the top of ur necks working after all eh? ๐Ÿคฃ

Mwaahhzzz
Cindy

This appears to be the new rage in TV--force weddings (on Zee as well). It's the style du jour. Yes, I agree that if you are forced into it, then it does not count--no matter how much sindhoor Dutta puts on Naku's head and nose! To be quite honest, while Naku was not expecting the pheras and she had no choice really, she did not OPPOSE them in her feelings. I think she wanted to be there for him, and this needed to happen given his state of mind.

I was actually a bit irritated when she kept saying to her mother that she was married to Dutta...sindhoor...etc. She wants to believe in the marriage, no matter how it came about, and I guess at the end of the day, that's what decides if the marriage is real or not.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Talking for forced marriages to me the TaSha wedding didnt look forced. Definitely not for the groom and neither for the bride. The gun Dutta weilded was for anyone who was trying to stop the wedding rather than to force Naku. In fact if I feel if Naku wanted she could have stopped Dutta. He sort of dared Naku to do that. To accept that she lied abt loving him and back out.
But yes the marriage and the new relationship between TaSha was forced for their families. Thats the reason neither families have accepted the marriage. In fact they dont consider the marriage a marriage at all. They consider it a hasty decision taken in a fit of rage by a hot headed and drunken guy. But for TaSha the marriage wasnt forced and thats why they both have accepted it and know its for keeps.
Coming to your original question if such a forced marriage is valid then my answer is no its not valid. A marriage is valid only if both parties ie the bride and groom accept it. But if one party hasnt and he/she was forced to go thru with the rituals then the marriage is definitely invalid. But here both parties went thru the rituals willingly. Dutta's motive was revenge while Naku's motive was to give her a way to be with the man she loves and ease his pain. So THAT makes their marriage valid.
sana786a thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
gud topic fivr wellllll๐Ÿ˜†ahem well if dis happened in reality den i wudnt count dis as a marriage since it happened zabardasti i knw i knw i wanted it 2 and am glad but its nt real is it like in reality๐Ÿ˜†so if i was naku i wud have run away da first chance i gt and she did get dat chance wen kala threw her out and tld dutta dat she ran away she just didnt want 2 leave but in a way i can understand naku wanting 2 stay first she loves da guy and in love marriage wat ever u shud be able 2 take wat evers thrown at u and stick by da person and secondly a lot of girls believe in getting married only once dosent matter how they gt married but 2 dem dat marriage does count but cuming bk 2 me๐Ÿ˜†if i gt 2 marry dutta at gunpoint i wud have sed uve gtta be kidding gun kyun chahiyeh mein apkey peeche peeche arahey hoon na๐Ÿคฃ
jani-yeh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice DOTW Fivr...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘...

hmmm is a forced marriage real...*thinks*...
in some ways i think yes...in other ways no...๐Ÿ˜•...

reason i think yes...evything is the same in a forced wedding...
same sindoor, mangalsutra, matra & phere...and also the same shaadi process...
outcome...will b pati patni ryt...๐Ÿ˜†...by law this marriage is as valid as any other...

reason i dnt think a forced marriage is real n valid...
4 1 marriage is a union of 2 people...usually done in a place of worship by a pundit...
and since theres no lying 2 god...in eyes of god this marriage wnt b real if only 1 person is willing...so how then can it be seen as real by the world and the forced party...

do i think Dutta Naku wedding is real...
well hell yes i do...Whoa-k so Naku din cum up wiv the wedding idea herself...(shame on u Naku...๐Ÿ˜†)
but in her heart she was willing ryt...did she @ any point speak out and say no i dnt wana do this...nay na...cu deep down she was as willing if not more so than gadha himself was...๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†...
Dutta believes this wedding is real and so does Naku...and really thats all that shud matter...๐Ÿ˜‰...
Dancingdoll thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

In general, I feel these marriages should be nullified/annuled and probabaly there is a clause in law for such marriages....A marriage shld not be considered marriage till both the parties are into it, whle heartedly......

Having said this the real reason, a woman/man (yes guys, nowadays even guys) are forced to accept this as marriage and take up the responsibility is because of the social stigma associated to divorce or the way their parents would have to see their hard-earned reputation butchered.....

But for me, in my mind, wrong is wrong, even if 99% ppl stand for it, even if society bitches about u for standing for ur rights, but the right path needs to be followed....

Now, coming to Naku-Dutta's case.....Their case is slightly different....The difference lies in the love that Naku has for Dutta...Naku's stand to support Dutta inspite of a forced wedding (I am sure, althought Naku loved Dutta and would have wanted to marry him, but she too wouldnt have imagined in her wildest of nightmares, tht the wedding wuld be in such a way...she too wouldnt have wanted the marriage to be on the grounds of hatred), is because she loves him and understands his pain. She knows that if there is anyone who could help him calm down, share his pain it wuld be her....She knows that she has been the one who has come very close to his heart in the recent times, and understood him well.......So, even in this difficult situation, she is the one who can give Dutta her shoulders.....

She knows that Dutta's heart is very clean and he in reality is a wonderful guy. The circumstances were fabricated in such a way that he had to doubt her.......Given a little time and love, she should be able to show him the real truth one day.....

If I was in a forced marriage situation, then in a general scenario I would have come out of the wedding by hook or crook, fought for my rights.....but if I was in Naku's place, I too would have stayed with Dutta and supported him, till I could prove my point to him.....After all love has its ways, they might not be comprehensible or sensible but thats how love is......It gives u pleasure to just be with that one man whose sight lights your day, whose presence is enough to bring the joy in ur heart.......and for tht if u have to take ur guys's wrath, so, be it.....But yes, I wuldnt have taken Kala's or anyone c**p except ofcourse Dutta's!!
Edited by Dancingdoll - 13 years ago